why does huntress, leatherface, and plague camp 90% of the time?

Options
adamn
adamn Member Posts: 217

i’m always getting camped by one of them (mostly huntress). is it because noobs play as them? i can’t seem to get one who won’t face camp me. also, i think a change to face camping needs to be put in. if the killer is in a radius of 24 meters of the hooked survivor, the sacrifice process is tremendously slowed and bloodpoints are harder to get. seems fair if a survivor is going to have their experience screwed over...

Comments

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819
    edited April 2019
    Options

I have the same experience with huntress since I started playing this game (nearly a year). LF I can understand since it works well with altruistic survivors but camping will not get you a pip. Plague likes to throw up on hooked people I guess. Some people just love to watch the world burn.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

I see Wraiths camp more than Plague and Huntress. Wraiths go invisible and just lurk around the hook.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    FengMinEqualsWin Member Posts: 91
    Options

i like the idea of the slower sacrifice time but i think 8 meters should be the cut off instead of 24

• Judith
    Options

That will make toxic killers even more happy since they can hit you on hook, nod and stare at you for a long time.

• Judith
    Options

Killer is already losing if he is camping with the emblem changes. People don't camp to win anymore, they do it to make you miserable.

• Lemming
    Lemming Member Posts: 103
    Options

Just remove hooks as a gameplay element. Survivors don't like it, Killers don't like it. Use a life system where survivors respawn in a locker the furthest distance from the killer after a 30 second time out.

• WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    Options

Think it depends on rank, at rank 12 I seen a insidious trapper.... that was unique, i was just staring at him through a vault he was just facecamping

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

because plague. LF and huntress are powerful at camping/facecamping.

for example if someone got hooked in the basement. saving him is basically a suicide with LF and huntress. just stay above the stairs with ur hatchet winded up and hit the survivors who are injured then double hit the healthy survivor.

while with plague. limme tell u something. her corruption ignores the first second of unhooking. she can rips u apart once ur down.

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170
    Options

I always get camped by Leatherfaces just so they can instadown someone trying to hook recuse

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

In reverse order:

1. The devs have already tried what you've suggested and the result was bloodpoint loss doesn't make people not camp. As for slow down on the sacrifice timer, survivors actually decided it would be a grand idea to do swarm tactics to force killers into a situation where they couldn't get away from the hooked survivor thus giving them a huge advantage in getting saved with no pressure.
    2. Leatherface has average mobility and subpar map pressure. Thus you're gonna see a lot of them being camping oriented or ultra defensive. Huntress is slow due to being a ranged killer and gets destroyed on many loops. That leads to her being less likely to just walk off from a hook when the chase has been difficult.
    3. The Plague shouldn't be camping, but if people aren't using her fountains then she's now got ranged downs. That puts her in a similar place as other m1 killers and some players may not want to keep getting ran around.
    4. If it is always you getting camped then you need to ask yourself what are you doing to get camped? That sounds like a dumb question to ask, but it matters because some things will get you camped to death.
  • Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Ive faced more camping Billies tbh.

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Options

I think you meant to say Wraith, Leatherface, and Michael because you'll definitely find lots of those killers camping

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

People often try Leatherface and realize he's awful compared to many other killers so they camp and move on to another killer. His ability doesn't:

- generate map pressure.

- help him find survivors.

- help him end chases quickly unless survivors run into dead zones with no pallets or windows.

So the only thing he's good at is camping.

Being a fan of Leatherface I've been trying tons of different builds that help me catch survivors quickly so I don't need to camp.

Right now I'm trying play with your food and had some good results with it.

At 3 stacks he moves so fast which makes me wanna leave any hook immediately.

I think camping is often the result of bad killer design. Fast killers are less likely to camp (unless the survivor annoyed the killer somehow) since they can protect generators and find + down survivors more effectively.

Perhaps a perk that makes killers move faster "outside a chase" would reduce camping?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

define "outside of a chase". Because you can get close to a survivor who is running away without being in a chase.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

First, I rarely see LF camp actually, by my experience. Actually most of the time I face LF, it's a killer who just seems to play for fun and doesn't care much about kills. Which is probably also a sign for a weak killer...

Anyway, I know LF is well known for it, but mostly because his ability of multi-hit survivors is what makes him 100% strong in securing kills and snowball situations, when survivors don't accept it.

With Anna I mostly see people have a higher tendency to se her range for "camping from a distance"/soft patrolling, which makes sense. I mean it can bait survivor to a risky unhook and will lead to a quick down following it.

And Plague, well I don't know why. But honestly she isn't a very popular killer to begin with. So I guess people playing her aren't really used to her ability and might go for camping with her. Also Corrupt purge is actually is a similar multi-hit tool as LF chainsaw.

But in general, I rarely see killer camp these days. And if so, then it's people who camp, because they can and have fun doing so. It doesn't feel like a huge issue compared to other stuff like fast gen progress, dcs and tunneling beeing the superior strategy as a killer.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

I'm going by the chase mechanics of the game and the speed boost could be a small one like 5% ? It would still be a decent perk for killers who can't cover distances quickly but at the same time it'd be too weak to "abuse" it by looking to the ground for instance. Just an idea.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Huntress can stop a save from a distance, and protect the hook from a distance

Plague can sicken anyone who approaches, and if the survivor does not care, then she'll just break them and hook them right when they go for the save.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Huntress is slow, so she probably can't even get far before you unhook. It's unfair to accuse her of camping considering her 45m lullaby and her mere 4.4 m/s. It takes her 10.2 (rounded) seconds to leave, and survivors like to unhook within 7 (from my experiences).

And that's not even including kicking gens, refilling hatchets, seeing someone and staying nearby and whatnot.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

I actually really like this concept; it'd make the game go by faster for sure.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I don't blame them. Chases with reduced speeds and cooldowns are really taxing against good survivors. Repeating that process 12 times only makes it worse. Its understandable if new killers or even veterans prefer to play the monster once in awhile and wait you out to atleast 2nd hook phase. Why chase you 3 times if they can cut it down and possibly bait another victim? That's just tactics as much as your failure to hide.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I've always thought punishing Killers for camping is the wrong way to try and stop camping.

Camping only occurs for three reasons:

1. The Killer feels forced to defend the hook because they've seen/think there are multiple Survivors in the area. This situation isn't the Killer's fault, it's the other Survivors screwing over their own teammate.

2. The Killer is new and doesn't really know what else to do. They either see camping as the best strategy or they just do it because they really don't know what else to do. Punishing this Killer just for camping is justifiable but it doesn't teach them anything or help them become a better Killer. It just makes them think they're being punished by arbitrary rules.

3. The Killer wants to ruin the Survivors' experience or just enjoys camping. They don't have to camp and they might even play normally in most situations, but certain situations or Survivors make them pitch tents. Punishing these people does nothing because they don't care about being punished: camping is either something they enjoy or their way to ruin a Survivor's day.

Rather than punish campers, Survivors who get camped should be rewarded. Every second the Killer spends within a certain radius of the hook gives the hooked Survivor bloodpoints and points toward pipping and Survivors who get downed or enter a chase within a certain time after being unhooked get points for being tunneled/farmed.

This rewards players who suffer/don't get to play the game because of bad teammates or unfun Killers and helps mitigate the unfunness and annoyance of the first two types of camping without being punitive for the Killer while also effectively ending camping as a way to troll people.

Angerery Killer: "git camped dumb meg looping is tahxic"

Meg: "thanks for the 32,000 bp and pip lol"

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Other than the LF thing being meme (I've seen a lot of good LF lately that don't camp so...) It's cute you only notice those killers, I've seen everything from insidious trapper to M&A mikeys. Ask not why these certain killers, because the point of the matter is it's who plays them, not the killer inherently. I've honestly not seen a camping huntress in 1 year+ but I've seen a camping nurse in much less than that... go figure, it's probably region/platform variation. Like you alluded to it's poor players, not anything against those killers specifically (except plague, she seems inherently weak).

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471
    Options

That is the worst crap i've ever heard. Players shouldn't be rewarded for getting caught and hooked.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

Erm but woaulant hook rushers be the cause of camping on killers that don't camp woth thoese 3 but the hook is fused before there even 2 feet away not kidding hooked somone in bunnas basement 2 times in a row they was hook rushed and was mad at me for inmideatly downing them and then same game another basement hook and somone unhooks before I even left the basement (this was on the front hook near the stairs as well

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I wouldn't want to see the hook time stop while the killer is camping but a slow would be neat!

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    edited April 2019
    Options

So killers should be considerate for survivors like yourself I see on your experiences of what “fun” is. But do you think it’s “fun” for the killer when the killer plays fair but gets all the gens done on em within the first two minutes of the match? Or better yet when the SWF are on voice coms. Yea totally fun when survivors do that.

its simple kiddo, camping is gonna be a thing whether you like it or not. The killer can play by the entitled survivor handbook rules guide and still be able to get 1 full kill by the time the last gen Is popped. None of this **** fair kid.

EDIT: Autocorrect

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

And mori are fun? Ask devs to start games with 3 survs hooked so killers can have fun

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

People who complain about camping never seem to care that survivors hook camp on top of chases, rendering hunting for survivors unnecessary.