MoM used to troll killers at the exit gates

It seems now like half of the players use MoM. It's the new meta. And it hasn't happen to me yet, but I've seen on a lot of streams that now survivors just stay for a last minute hit just to troll the killer at the exit gates and escape.

"Oh Mr. killer, I'm about to die, please don't hit me!"

*HIT*

"LoooooL, ez baby killer, I have this OP perk, git gud, later loser!"

They used to do it with dead hard. Now they use dead hard and MoM to troll killers at the exit gates. I've also seen using a "fake/bad" dead hard like giving a false hope for the killer that the survivor f*cked up and he'll catch the guy... but NO! MoM saves the day!

Great work Devs! Keep adding toxicity to the game. Great perk! Who was the brain that designed it? a survivor main?

Comments

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

I don't even waste my time going to the exit gates when I see them camping the exits. Let them point farm and mine salt another way.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

Yeah MoM is the new Old DS of today. A free Get-out-Of-Jail free card for poor plays, bad maneuvering, and less skill. To balance it, just make it behave like a trade off; You still take that extra hit to save your skin, but you're left in the broken state until you're hit again. No timer on the broken status effect and no hand holding the surv either.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

I don't understand people like you. A normal human being would just hit the survivors, completely ignore the after chat and just contininue/ not to mention that you can just leave really fast and they wont be able be even to chat/. Why do you care what the say ? Why do you care you have to hit them once more for them to leave ? I don't know whats wrong with killers getting trolled at the exit gates. You either get teabag-ed , now you get MoM-ed .... and it always sounds so personal like they hurt you in real life somehow. Let's just remove tha damn doors for f... sake and then maybe everyone will be happy

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    edited April 2019

Well... ive once ,for fun and yikes, started to throw the hatchets across the map towards the exit gate... because why not.

Post edited by LastShoe on
  • sailormars
    sailormars Member Posts: 122

Why should they remove a perk/change the perk just for that? OoO also allows you to bm the killer and from afar and yet I don't see people calling for it to be removed. Why? Because it's useless and killer mains only cry about a perks that actually give survivors a benefit.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

BuT MoM Is BaLaNcEd

• tatterz
    tatterz Member Posts: 41

Mettle of Mom is a bullshit perk but it's kind of similar to Spirit Fury - rewards you substantially for just playing the game normally.

Both perks need to be altered to make the conditions something that isn't just playing the game normally. I'd also like to see some kind of indication that the perk is on the table beforehand (Spirit Fury is another perk that gets hurt with SWF and solo survivors should get the same heads-up that the perk is in play).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Spirit Fury is not equivalent to MoM. Spirit Fury requires that the killer be stunned to work. If you use MoM, you still get the on-hit Sprint Burst and the killer still gets the wipe animation, meaning you get all the benefit and the killer gets all the drawback. For Spirit Fury to be equivalent to MoM, it would need to ignore the stun altogether.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

Spirit fury: killer might get stunned twice and has to actively break the pallets. And then just breaks the pallet automatically, NOT ignoring the stun.

MoM: get hit thrice, always get hit sprint. Ignore attack completely and still gret hit sprint.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

JuSt AdApT lOLololoLOLololOL11!11!!

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

We do with camping and Mori, but most survivors seam not particularly found of it.

The contrary. They get salty in the endgame chat.

Oh no, I couldn't troll you with my OP, pay to win perk...you bad bad killer!

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184

I don't understand the "spirit fury" phrase because if you respect the pallet than you are lost.