Let's talk about this survey.

SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

First thing's first. I love it when you guys listen to us. And you have been stepping up your game in that regards. Which is better then hitting a hex check under unnerving presence while at Madness 2.

However, a lot of these questions's answers could use context. For example. One of the very last ones asks what keeps me from enjoying my games. One answer is "Gameplay Complexity." Well yes. I think that is a serious issue. But by me checking that box, you have no idea that I mean the Generators should need a part to be found before repairs start on them. You could just as easily construe that I think the game is to complex, and needs to be dumbed down. Which i don't think many think, but some certainly will.

then there's this question: "Punish Lobby Dodging"

You understand there's a myriad of reasons I left that lobby right? As a survivor, maybe the chat was nothing but arguements, or racists saying racist things (ie: typing out racist slurs letter by letter, line by line.) This happens more then I'de like, and I will leave those lobbies. As a killer, I'll leave a lobby if it feels a little to toxic for me. (ie: I see people hiding there last second switch flashlight, everyone showing insta heals, or lunch boxes. I don't want to lose pips because a game was 3 mins, or everyone is running tank builds so every chase requires 3 hits)

That's not counting the times I go into a lobby and go "nah, I'm going to write the next scene of that story" and log out. Should I be punished for that? The game hasn't started yet. Once you have dedicated servers, lobby dodging will be less of an issue, since the killer dodging wont reset the lobby anyways.

And then there's the Battle Pass question...

Please don't. You aren't a free to play game. The only games that get away with this are free to play. We don't have enough real progression rewards as it is. Fix that before you think of monetizing it. IE: ######### is devotion for? Notta.

But to reiterate: do not do a PAID PASS for content. You will likely end up getting bad press about it. It's a very heated topic among gamers, and gamers news. With about everyone hating it. They love to crucify paid games that use it, and for good reason.

Were there any questions you wish were expanded? Any questions that made you "worried?"

Comments

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I Loved the Camping and the Hitbox check mark box.

Makes me glad they're listening to feedback on these issues. I made it very clear that console queue times and hitboxes are a bit off at the moment.

• SmokePotion

@whodonit Exactly, we've been turning a blind eye toward the pay to win aspect of this game for a while. Making me pay even more.....

I'de love a tournament scene. But not like this.

Not like this.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@T0xicTyler The game for most wasn't $20. when you factor in the dlc chapters and potential cosmetics and i think at console launch the game was $30. The description wasn't really clear of a price point, time frame for the pass or rewards.

• SmokePotion
    edited April 2019

@T0xicTyler

I can see your point.

But on the other hand, this game has a pretty heavy pay to win situation as it is. Pretty much every killer perk that's used, is paid for.

Survivors have a little better pool, but better perks can be bought with actual money.

And since that happens every 3 months.... You can see where i'm going here.

If it included the newest DLC for less, I guess I could see the community kinda turning a blind eye to it. Some of us would still be genuinely upset, a slice would leave. But the majority would probably accept it, since it would be a cheaper form of the current p2w cycle, and gives us more.

In fact, that thought might deserve it's own topic.

• Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304

Man. I can't *wait* for the grind to be made even worse or simply never addressed at all because their answer is just paid for season pass BP boosters.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

Disappointed that there was no question or tick box related to the ever-growing blood point grind, especially with more characters getting released.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@shinymon One of the easiest way to reduce the grind is to rework the BP offerings to actually become useful. I've made a thread with suggestions for a rework.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46827/a-rework-of-bloodpoint-offerings

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

I'm referring to the base PC game which is where I assume most players are since the console situation isn't great as I understand it. Even with solely the base game you can get A LOT of value out of it.

It still isn't pay to win though. Your match results are contingent on your skills and the skills of your teammates/the survivors with a little RNG thrown in there. There isn't a perk in this game that is actually broken or so powerful that would guarantee you winning.

Basing what the devs should do for their game on the what the community is whining about today is dangerous. People are going to be "genuinely upset" and threaten to leave no matter what the developers do.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

"Punish lobby dodging" - no. If the devs would do that, the number of people playing killer would drastically decrease. The queue times for survivors would become so long that it would have potential to kill this game.

Also, why are killers dodging lobbies in the first place? Because they want to avoid playing unbalanced matches with 4 toolboxes and they don't want to play against troll groups. Do something about these issues and don't punish killers for wanting to play fair games.

(I feel like I have to mention that I mostly play survivor.)

• SmokePotion

@T0xicTyler

While you might be right about any 1 perk. It's because it takes a loadout. And while a couple of perks might come from the common pool, they will hinge on a p2w perk or 2.

ie:

A common chaser perk set up (wraith, clown, ect): Brutal Strength, Enduring, SPIRIT FURY

brutal and enduring are lackluster by themselves, this combo is built around spirit fury.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

This game isnt really a steal... its prettymuch in beta... the game does not feel complete at all... then you have to buy all the DLC to have the same issues that the game has.... bug wise, incomplete feeling.... hell it took the team almost 3 years to finally implement an ending...... who took doesnt put an ending in their matches/trails?. This game isnt worth 20$ and most of the DLC isnt worth the price either until they finally implement the objectives and fix the fov to the killer

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

What survey? Where is it?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited April 2019

I saw it on Facebook and I think it's also on Twitter.

I also don't mind a potential "deadpass". I don't think this game can creat enough stuff for it but we'll see. I always like earning stuff for free though playtime.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

It's not whining to say you're not okay with predatory business practices. That's just being a smart consumer.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819
    edited April 2019

How do I access survey?

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

"Which is better then hitting a hex check under unnerving presence while at Madness 2."

What does that mean? I don't get it lol

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

@NoShinyPony So survivors shouldn't be able to use the toolboxes they spent their BP on? I get people want to have a less stressful game, but don't dodge. All it does is make que times worse (and they're already pretty bad).

As for the survey, I found alot of the questions either confusing, or to ambiguous to properly answer. The season pass idea isn't necessarily a bad idea depending on what we get for our investment. I'm honestly surprised that we don't have some kind of BP loot box system yet.

• NoShinyPony

@thrawn3054 I wrote "4 toolboxes". I don't think there is any doubt that this game is not balanced for 4 toolboxes.

• thrawn3054

@NoShinyPony I understand that. But then where do you draw the limit? Not saying the game doesn't need balancing work, it does. I just feel dodging isn't the answer, and is hurting the game.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited April 2019

@thrawn3054

Dodging may not be the answer, but punishing it isnt it either. Until they fully address balance, you are punishing people for avoiding matches which they know they wont enjoy.

If you punish people for dodging, these people wont say "Ok, I guess I will go in...". They will either swap to Survivor or not log in anymore. THIS will make queue times worse.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

they asked the people if they want to see a battlepass lel (please devs don't add this)

• NoShinyPony

@thrawn3054 The killer is allowed to make that decision. A good Nurse player might feel comfortable with 3 toolboxes, while a Freddy player doesn't. Flashlights are a way bigger problem for Hags than for Trappers, and so on.

Dodging isn't hurting the game, imbalance is hurting the game.

If the devs were to punish/prevent lobby dodging, this wouldn't solve anything but create a much bigger problem.

• thrawn3054

@NoShinyPony Dodging is leading to longer que times. So yes it does hurt the game. Imbalance is hurting the game as well. But you can't use the one to excuse the other.

• thrawn3054

@PigNRun I'm not saying you punish somebody for dodging on occasion. Same as a DC. I feel the repeat offenders should be punished.

• T0xicTyler

@SmokePotion

That specific combo isn't overpowered though. The killer spent time building stacks towards Spirit Fury, let you get points off of stuns, etc. for something that any Survivor worth their salt can negate by throwing down the pallet early. Even if SF/Enduring was the reason you went down the Killer still committed 2 or 3 perks of their 4 slots towards that down and they deserve it.

@Bravo0413

I can't help you but you're wrong. 😂

@TheAntiSanta

"Predatory business practices" is a harsh way of putting what any business does.

• SmokePotion
    edited May 2019

@T0xicTyler

At no point did I claim it was OP, I said it was a staple build used to compete at higher skill levels. A staple build that shows that every such staple build requires at least one paid-for dlc perk to make them work.

The discussion was that of pay to win, not overpoweredness.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
  • SmokePotion

@ItsYourBoyGuzma As long as i can have my sexy maid hag

• T0xicTyler

@SmokePotion Calling something pay to win is inherently calling it overpowered, no? Like I said, nothing is a staple build in this game because it all depends on how competent your teammates and your opponents are with a lot of luck mixed in.

• NoShinyPony

@thrawn3054 I think @knell has explained it pretty well, so nothing left for me to add.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

"Where do you draw the limit"

Just make it so that survivors can't bring more than two of the same item type collectively.

IE: If there are two toolboxes, the other two can't bring a tool box.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

How do you know that you're in a lobby full of Toxic Survivors?

Well, when I see a team of Nea's spawn in with "Toxic" in their tags and Flashlights, I figure they aren't out collecting for the red cross.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

They don't really need to punish people for lobby dodging. On the other hand what they really need to do is remove profile/name checking in lobby. There should be a SWF indicator so you can prepare better, but you shoudn't choose what opponents you verse.