Mettle of man thoughts

AS someone who plays alot of both roles, i really don't get too bothered by the perk as killer. As for survivor, i'm quite good at looping so i guess the perk does greatly extend SOME of my chases.However, people crying the perk is stronger than DS are ridiculous, as DS wasted plenty of the killers time due to them having to be picked up, and then the killer being stunned. Also, though small, MoM has it's requirements and downsides.

Despite this, like i said i still think the perk is strong when i'm survivor, so perhaps a potential change could be implimented such as:

*Any type of hit (including chainsaws, hatchets, ect) provide a stack, however 4 stacks are needed to activate the perk. This would make it less strong against worse killers like freddy, and stronger against good killers like billy

*Upon being hit and the perk activating, you're given the deep wound status effect

*Upon being hit and the perk activating, you're given the broken status effect for 120 seconds (roughly)

These ideas are all just ideas and i'd only suggest adding one of them. Thoughts?

Comments

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

i kinda think there should be a perk called mettle of monster that does the opposite to mettle of man

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Agreed, I'd much rather they rework the perk to be balanced but seeing as they've only fixed it to work against nurse and are seeing how that plays out I don't think they;re going to change it anytime soon so second best option is a killer equivalent.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

A user made this thread. It's pretty decent and a solid rework for MoM 😉

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/57208/mom-rework-idea/p1

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited April 2019

Can you tell me why aura reading you have alot of aura reading and you want more i dont really get it that perk its op making a combination of bbq with noed or something should jave a cooldown

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

First: Improve your english

Second:

The next time you hook somebody, your Aura will be revealed to the survivors when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the survivors.

Could you read?

The survivors see the killer aura.

This is the killer version from MoM.

Third:

Jump in lockers ,if you think aura reading is OP.

And BBQ has a cooldown, because the killer must hook people.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Poweas I hadn't played since rank reset until this weekend and it felt like everyone was running this perk. I like your body block idea to gain stacks.

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

The Perk already has a massive downside to it and that is being able to see the survivor pretty much anywhere in the map once they heal up also it wont activate if you are fully healed and if you get one shotted its pointless so their is no need to change a fine anti tunneling perk however i agree that any hit by a killer (excluding certain ones such as plague which she can injure you without hitting) should give a stack

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

The perk has no downside, if you get downed after it activates you never reveal your aura, so its a instaheal if you don't escape that chase. If you do get a free escape off the back of that perk, just 99% heal and complete it when the killer finds you. Zero downside.

MOM has nothing to do with anti tunneling, unless you are a living meme and consider hitting a survivor 3 times to be tunneling.

Not surprised you think it should be buffed.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

The most balanced perk in the game. (Sarcasm)

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

While personally have no issue with the perk in its current state, I actually like this rework much better.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

Though your point makes sense, your example is a bit exaggerated. I already suggested a perk for killers in a different thread where upon hitting your obsession twice, the next hit on anyone is a one shot (but it can be used multiple times in a match). I personally wouldn't mind that

• Shaderz
    Shaderz Member Posts: 42

Remove the perk entirely. This perk is no different than the old oversaturated and overly used Decisive Strike, practically speaking. I'd say it's even worse because it has no counterplay as already mentioned, as opposed to DS where you could at least try to dribble the survivor on his way to the hook. It's another second chance perk that punishes the killer for doing his job and makes a specific survivor waste even more of the killer's time. Waste his time with your ability to loop/juke him around, not with the help of crutch perks.

If you get downed, you get downed. It's how the game works and it should be kept simple like that. I'm in favor of removing all second chance perks, but I'd be happy with a huge nerf. But as for MoM, it needs to be removed, in my opinion. I also find it ridiculous that you have to counter a perk with another perk so a MoM similar perk for killers gets added. No, what's fun about the game is how you need to counter a perk with your skill, your gameplay. Otherwise, everyone's gonna use the same perk and the game becomes less dynamic and more repetitive. It happened with DS and you did a good job there. But you made exactly the same mistake by adding MoM.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I've 99% myself during a chase with MoM, during a loop, drop a pallet and tap self care and done. You now extended the chase by another 2 gens.

It's a nasty perk, I use it because it's Meta, I make mistakes and there's a perk to fix it. Why not.

And I'm okay with a rework.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

As a Wraith main, I see no problem with MoM.