On a scale of one to ten, how happy with the game are you?

Options
Manta
Manta Member Posts: 117
There's a lot of frustration/negativity at the moment on the forums it seems, and I'm wondering how it is affecting your overall enjoyment of the entire game.

So, out of 10, "how fun/enjoyable do you find playing Dead by Daylight at the moment?" 
1= negative 10=positive

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2018
    Options
    steam already has a system for this

77% enjoyable
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Depends on what kind of players I have in the game, honestly. One time I get bunch of wild survivors, BM'ing, crying and taunting, then I do not enjoy it, and another time I get a team of normal players, then the game is enjoyable.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2018
    Options

When the following planned changes FINALLY make it into the live game (whenever that is):

• Self Care nerf.
    • Exhaustion nerf.
    • Decisive Strike nerf.
    • Brand New Part nerf.
    • Ability to close the hatch.
      When all of these announced/planned changes actually get IMPLEMENTED than I'd have to say a 9/10.
      That would increase to a 10/10 if they could finally do something to fix hex totems being removed in the first 30 seconds of the game when it spawns on a hill or right next to a generator / the killer shack etc.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Between 4 to 7 depending on my mood.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Tough to say.

Value wise like cost / hours wasted = a 10

Probly a 6 in general though

• MauXD24
    MauXD24 Member Posts: 75
    Options

I really love this game, but, let's be real, the problem for me is the toxicity of the players, specially in high ranks, survivors with flashlights that are just annoying you, and when the doors are open t-bag.
    I would give it a 9/10 but the toxic community is just annoying.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    Options

When I'm playing solo survivor, it's currently 2/10 the vast majority of the time. As killer I'd say 8/10, but then I never bought this game to play as killer and for a long time didn't at all, so 8 is probably as enjoyable as it could get in that role.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Some days DBD and I have a love/hate relationship so I’ll give it a 7/10
  • Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Options
    8 as survivor.
    3 as killer.
    0 because I'm a PS4 player. (jk, shame we don't have the update yet, but I'm sure it'll be out in the upcoming days).
  • HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212
    Options

7,5 :)

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I give it a solid 8. There's just enough challenge and taunting to keep me coming back.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2018
    Options

Honestly just like @Runiver it is variable for me. I have a love hate relationship with this game. I would have to say perhaps a 5/10. The game is fun sometimes but other times it can be so frustrating i just want to uninstall and never look back but it does have its moments. I have over 500+ hours in the game and despite the enjoyment i still get out of it the horrible state of balance and how much of a slog it has been trying to get the changes we have now makes this game worth a 5/10. DBD is unique and special but damn if things couldn't be better.

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2018
    Options

I'd say 2. Just today I had to restart my game at least 10 times in two hours because of the lobby bugs, the game crashed so I lost 2 pips, got spawned in the no escape room in The Game- lost 2 more pips, got errors, dc-s and what not, just today. Had a bug recently where I couldn.t move. The game is infested with bugs and hackers and the devs instead of addressing those problems, fixing their reporting system, they're talking about the store, cosmetics, balance changes and honestly yes balance changes are needed but I think their priority right now should be the increased number of cheaters and their bugs. Im quite salty right now I know . I m just fed up with the state the game is in . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkp5agkkaBE

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It would be a 10 if we had the version 2.0
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options
    8 right now
  • cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122
    Options

A 2 right now

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    I would rate a solid -1, since PS4 has yet to recieve a new update. Will think of a better rating post 2.0. @AllDevs
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

As a Survivor, 2. There are too many hackers. Normally that's an 8.
    As a Killer, 8-9. Love it. Have not encountered any Survivor hackers in the latest round of them (1 in the past year) and I love the gameplay.

Both sides: win, lose or get rekt, the gameplay is fantastic and enjoyable. Even those matches that only last 1-2 minutes for me give me pleasure.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    edited July 2018
    Options

playing survivor=10
    playing killer=5
    15/2= 7.5 depends on my mood

Post edited by switch on
  • Uncomfortable
    Uncomfortable Member Posts: 15
    Options

Depends on mood.
    Average day= 7.8
    Good day = 10
    Bad day= 5
    Emotional Breakdown day = 1

Overall I still love this game. Even though it's extremely flawed I have no plans of leaving anytime soon.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,253
    edited July 2018
    Options

Varies from a 6 - 8 out of 10 although even on my best days I can't confidently recommend this game to any of my friends without feeling guilty they would experience this games worst issues and feel awful.

Content wise I have no complaints. Game has a lot to offer from maps, killers, survivors and loadouts although it's a bit on the grindy side and the game can get a bit expensive unless you invest in the game over time or buy the DLC during a sale. The only thing I could ask for content wise would be steam workshop support for maps, cosmetics and other things. Even official and community dedicated servers would be great that support alternative gamemodes and even mods. Aside from that though BHVR can keep doing what they're doing content wise to support the game.

Balance in this game could be better. I won't say much about this because I won't really be adding much that hasn't been said already and BHVR is improving the game as of lately. Although the upcoming Tinkerer change feels like it should be a Surveillance change instead. I understand why they would want to change it but I don't agree with their proposal. Either way I'll wait for the PTB to see what comes from it. Although overall the balance for this game is above average compared to most games but has glaring issues BHVR is at least aware of.

The negatives I have for Dead by Daylight that exclude the above is pretty much...

1. No filter / mute options so I have to deal with BM or disable chat even if it's just 1 out of 4 players being rude. I'm not a sensitive person but it takes its toll on me seeing the N word for the 5th time in a row in a single day even if it isn't directed at me.
    2. Survivors can ghost killer loadout to other survivors if they Die, Escape or even DC to post game lobby.
    3. Survivors can DC to give the final survivor instant access to hatch instead of the delay they would have if the second to last survivor was sacrificed.
    4. Large amount of bugs this game has including loss of progress and lack of proof of purchase for in app purchases. I can't even backup my own saves manually now so I have to worry that I won't lose my stuff if their servers crash somehow. If it ever did I'd have no proof of stuff I bought in app with shards or cells.
    5. Lack of dedicated servers.
    6. Now lack of a report system although from my understanding it was abused so they disabled it.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    8 outta 10 - I think they're doing a pretty good job so far but I'm craving new map locations other than woods, farm, swamp something similar.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    8 outta 10 - I think they're doing a pretty good job so far but I'm craving new map locations other than woods, farm, swamp something similar.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Overall... objectively?

8/10

Currently (ps4 user)

5/10 this wait is 1 week too long. Period.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options

I'd say 7/10 on average. That rating doesn't really fluctuate unless I come up against the most toxic parts of the community, but I just remind myself that those people are at fault, not the game. There are a few things that need fixing (totem placement, some killer buffs that seem to be incoming already, a few bugs)

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    5 not good not bad. Im apathetic to the game currently. 
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@Dustin said:
    Varies from a 6 - 8 out of 10 although even on my best days I can't confidently recommend this game to any of my friends without feeling guilty they would experience this games worst issues and feel awful.

Content wise I have no complaints. Game has a lot to offer from maps, killers, survivors and loadouts although it's a bit on the grindy side and the game can get a bit expensive unless you invest in the game over time or buy the DLC during a sale. The only thing I could ask for content wise would be steam workshop support for maps, cosmetics and other things. Even official and community dedicated servers would be great that support alternative gamemodes and even mods. Aside from that though BHVR can keep doing what they're doing content wise to support the game.

Balance in this game could be better. I won't say much about this because I won't really be adding much that hasn't been said already and BHVR is improving the game as of lately. Although the upcoming Tinkerer change feels like it should be a Surveillance change instead. I understand why they would want to change it but I don't agree with their proposal. Either way I'll wait for the PTB to see what comes from it. Although overall the balance for this game is above average compared to most games but has glaring issues BHVR is at least aware of.

The negatives I have for Dead by Daylight that exclude the above is pretty much...

1. No filter / mute options so I have to deal with BM or disable chat even if it's just 1 out of 4 players being rude. I'm not a sensitive person but it takes its toll on me seeing the N word for the 5th time in a row in a single day even if it isn't directed at me.
    2. Survivors can ghost killer loadout to other survivors if they Die, Escape or even DC to post game lobby.
    3. Survivors can DC to give the final survivor instant access to hatch instead of the delay they would have if the second to last survivor was sacrificed.
    4. Large amount of bugs this game has including loss of progress and lack of proof of purchase for in app purchases. I can't even backup my own saves manually now so I have to worry that I won't lose my stuff if their servers crash somehow. If it ever did I'd have no proof of stuff I bought in app with shards or cells.
    5. Lack of dedicated servers.
    6. Now lack of a report system although from my understanding it was abused so they disabled it.

jesus Christ Dustin it was just an "Out of ten how much are you enjoying the game" question. lol

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

As a player that mostly play killer i would say a 7 because there are balance issues that needs to be taken care of.

And as a survivor i would say a 9.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

Probably a 4. The game is good on a conceptual level but the fact that it's literally impossible for most killers to win against a good group of survivors makes the game a joke. There's a reason you see nothing but Nurse and Hillbilly at high rank.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,253
    edited July 2018
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:

jesus Christ Dustin it was just an "Out of ten how much are you enjoying the game" question. lol

I don't know I'm bad at short answers and it felt odd just giving a number. Although I bolded my post highlights because I knew it was a wall. I figured I might as well take the time to explain why if I'm going to bother posting.

• kevinb420
    kevinb420 Member Posts: 32
    Options

I fell in love with DbD when by brother first showed me it about two years ago on the pc. I don’t have a computer (only an IPad and xbox one) so when I heard it was coming to console I was pretty damn excited to say the least lol. So I would give this game a 10/10 because win or lose for me, I ALWAYS have fun with this game. The toxicity of it could get annoying but I love this game. Killer main here.

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182
    Options

Too many campers/tunnelers/pallet loopers/teabaggers/lagswitchers and Claudettes.
    Overall I'd say 10/10 IGN

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options
    Survivor: 9
    Killer: 3
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

I am happy with the game, happy with the ideas of changes 7/10 maybe 8/10

BHVR 1/10.

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Does t-bagging actually still effect some of you? I let it fly over my head these days. I must have become immune to it. It did bother me at the beginning but now i’m like blahh. 

Enjoy it more when i’m drinking but i’d say  7/10 in general. 
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

Still deciding whether this game goes under crack addiction ranking or masochism ranking

Why not both because ######### ME RIGHT

• bortami
    bortami Member Posts: 91
    Options
    -inf
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

It sucks but not enough for me to not play.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    edited July 2018
    Options
    7 as a killer. After having played intensely some Final Fantasy XV this week, I realised how frustrating it is to play as a killer , even if you don't let yourself getting upset about  t bag or gen rush.
    9 as a surv.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

8/10 as the survivor. I play solo for the most part so the game is usually a good challenge to me and it's pretty fun, though the role can feel repetitive at times.
    6/10 as the killer. I usually have at least a fair amount of fun, even in games where I don't do too great. Those games with Squadettes running around with flashlights have given me a mild case of PTSD, but outside of those games, the others are fun.

• Stormdogfire
    Stormdogfire Member Posts: 137
    Options

i give it a 10

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    10/10
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

7/10 I feel like both the killer and survivor perks need an overhaul. I run into more speedhackers than I'd like, I feel like the games are weird, but fun. The Game is an awful map that needs tweaking, it's really easy to get lost and it's hard to locate anything, just some color coding or something to make the generator rooms more unique. Part of me thinks the game needs an overhaul with mechanics like gathering parts to fix generators or another objective (like totems needing to be broken before the exit gates power as well).