Prevent slugging

Why can't survivors has the opportunity of kill himself where in dying state?

Comments

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Abuse? Killers abuse of it when only 2 survivors are alive

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

How or what does a Killer abuse exactly when they slug Survivors?

And like Orion said: if you don't like to be slugged run Unbreakable or No Mither.

• prayer_survivor

Yes, unbreakable for slugging, kindred for campers, DS for tunneling and so on.

• prayer_survivor
    edited May 2019

Last game I disconnected to gave last surv an opportunity

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you can't counter a strategy with gameplay alone, that's what perks are for. There's no shame in running perks to help compensate for your shortcomings - that's what they're there for.

For example, I have trouble telling which direction a killer is coming from, so I run Premonition.

• prayer_survivor

Do you really think killers use NOED for adrenaline? Or Thanatophobia or self-care? Or insidious for BT or Enduring for DS?

I can't understand why you could ######### at the hatch and you can't do it where in dying state.

Left one surv in dying state for 4 minutes when only 2 survs are alive is an abuse within the game.

• prayer_survivor
    edited May 2019

Imagine a perk for survs that allow them to freeze the killer for 4 minutes. And a perk for killer to reduce it to 1 minutes.

Do you think this is not an abuse?

• DocOctober

I don't deal with hypotheses and you still haven't explained how slugging Survivors is abusing something.

What is it abusing? Explain that.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

@Peasant: Any proof for your "However, this is how the game was intended to be played" ? I dont think so. So stay quiet.

• DocOctober

If it wasn't intended, it would be bannable or discouraged. What you think in this matter is irrelevant, ultimately, only the devs decide.

• fast9881
    fast9881 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019

@DocOctober You're right but can we at least agree that's really annoyng? Could it be a fix to, let's say, after 2 or 3 minutes let a survivior get up to an injured state?

• BillSimmons
    BillSimmons Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74

Is slugging fun for the survivors no, can you counter it yes. Like others have said if it bothers you enough and happens frequently to you run those counter perks.

Personally I don't mind getting slugged if it's just me, but when those 4 man slug nurse games happen it makes you wish you had unbreakable on. However those games rarely happen, likewise unbreakable rarely works for me, so I'm cool with it.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

The issue I have with slugging is the lack of agency given to survivors, particularly in the hatch situation. Survivors have little ability as a downed survivor to do much of anything in that state; most interactions can only be done in healthy and injured states. Being slugged is essentially like waiting in a lobby for something to happen to you, and no one I know likes the lobby simulator we have. This lull in action is perfectly fine if there are three or more survivors available to save the dying individual. It becomes tedious when all a survivor can do is wait for no one to touch him or her until just before he or she bleeds out or he or she does bleed out. It’s not a very scary experience, as it should be for a horror game, and i agree that there should be a way to hasten your demise if you have lost hope on the ground (after all, what use are you to the enity with no strong feelings left?). To your point about abusing, the devs consider using a window multiple times to loop an abuse of that window. Abusing is not necessarily referring to actions that are bannable or reportable.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Run Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, Flip Flop and Self Care, if they pick you up, they get stunned and lose you, if they don't pick you up, you get up and leave.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

So those of you who are unfamilar with high rank play GENS GET DONE VERY FAST SLUGGING GAMEPLAY IS MANDATORY TO COMPETE IN HIGH RANKS.

Still dont get it well let me point out that the act of hooking everytime you down someone eats into valuable time you could have spent hunting and chsing another survivour. This means at this point survivours in play have a total of 3 less hands on gens one gone to pick up the slugged player, one being chased and one on the ground.

Messing with this gameplay flow wont hurt low rank play where time is less of an issue but in high ranks you dont have that time. Slugging the second last survivour is mandatory as the hatch currently is one sided to survivours. In red ranks a 4k is mandatory to pip with many killers who have instadowns or abilities dont play nicely with the current emblem system. So do your research and understand both sides before spouting your sob story.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Anti slug perks:

Unbreakable, Tenacity and Resilience help too.

Flip-Flop as long you are next of a hook and are fully recovered.

No Mither lets you stand up every time if you recovered fully.

Chose your pick.

Just adapt as some player like to tell others ;)

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

It's been pointed out multiple times

But slugging is not an exploit and doing it is not abuse.

If slugging is a massive problem there are perks designed to counter and punish it.

1) Unbreakable

2) No mither

3) flip flop

4) buckel up

5) tenacity

However you admit to using and abusing a bannable oversight in the game. Disconnecting

So you're basically completely dense if you can't see the hypocrisy there or you're a douchebag who doesn't care.

Pick your poison

• fast9881
    fast9881 Member Posts: 2

I don't want anything. What i wanted was at least getting a commong ground about the fact that it' very annoyng getting slugged, you people talk like it's the best thing that could happen to a surv. That's it. I proposed something that, yeah, it's complete bulls**t because perks

• Zarathos
    edited May 2019

@fast9881

The problem with your idea as i mentioned is that you have to 4k to pip in the current ranking system dcing already mess with the system but adding a concede option to deny emblem points is making the situation worse.

We mention these perks because as killers we see survivours runing the same perks refusing to change anything when a killer build or playstyle is seeing results.

Normally im not a fan of recomending a perk as a solution but when there are 4 or 5 perk options to mitigate a strong killer playstyle that arent being used vs survivour tank builds. It becomes a lot more unresonable to complain.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Good idea! Imma try do that build. I just need the 4th perk. Anyone have an idea?

• Zarathos
    edited May 2019

@Milo

No mither for anti instadowns XD.

But seriously speaking you could go with dead hard for "broken hitboxes". Head on for anti-basement. Distraction option to dissuade tunnelers could be pebble to try and get a killer off an injured player. Just a few ideas.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2019

Common sense?

The bannable offenses list on this very forum itself?

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2019

that would'nt make any sense at all...and slugging is a viable strat with perks made for it, and you have perks on survivors side to do this very idea for you...######### is with survivors needing some easy win escape out of everything? Oh right...cuz it's that I want my bully sim argument!

• AlexAnarchy

There is no common ground that being slugged is annoying, unless....Your just a bad sport who ca'nt stand having viable strategies used against you from the other team.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

It's just an unfixable problem like camping or trapping people in corners. You can't change the mechanics of it because it will cause more harm than good.

It is incredibly boring though and there is always the option to DC as long as you don't DC often.

• Hatuu
    Hatuu Member Posts: 29

"Prevent Slugging"

Why? If it wouldnt be wanted, it wouldnt be possible. Take "Unbreakable" and you good!

All this prevent this prevent that stuff... there are perks like insidious, make your choice and so on. So do you really think this isnt wanted a bit? Your in the end a KILLER who tries to take down his foes. Do you think all movies would have been great if they didnt sometimes wait for the arrival of their foes?

So why not prevent genrushing? Prevent this god damn t-bag? Prevent endless loops? Prevent Pink Keys, Prevent, prevent and prevent... You get the idea.

There are a lot of ppl crying out for Noed "This need to be nerfed bla"... Make you objectives and find totems instead. There is a lot of stuff out there to prevent yourself from slugging or camping or what else... Play it and your good!

They need to tweak thing here and there thats for sure, but they should never take out the identity of what the game is: a killer who is trying to kill ppl, not to drink coffee with them while oiling your chainsaw...

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

Exhaustion perk or self-care. Hell deliverance would be good too.