Trapper Buff or Add-on Idea

As trapper, sometimes a survivor will follow you and disable every trap you place, or just know where you placed all your traps. How about making that job for survivors a bit more risky with a skill check? If they miss, their arm gets stuck in the trap. Weather it should be in the trap disabling by default or by add-on, I'm not sure. Thoughts on this idea?

Comments

• BillSimmons
    BillSimmons Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74

Adding large skill checks like Doc has for snap out of it on traps wouldn't be a terrible idea, but hurting survivors for failing the checks wouldn't be necessary leave that feature to the bloody coil addon.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I think if you hit the skill check, your notification would be revealed and it starts back at 0, difficult skill checks, thought so for Legion mending too.

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230

I already had a decent idea for trapper. Replenish traps in lockers and remove the whole traps spread everywhere, bump the basic carry to 2 and traps left triggered on the ground after a minute disappear and just set a max number of traps that are able to be placed. Would help alot. and ya adding skill checks to disarming traps would be nice

• Wolf_of_the_Rift
    Wolf_of_the_Rift Member Posts: 14

That is an idea for a trapper rework, mix of huntress and hag, but a few thoughts came up. How would sabotage affect that trap system? Then there's the Iridescent Stone. Would it stop the traps from de-spawning and work like it does now?

There's a lot more to game design changes when you think about it.

• BlazeNightash

I said triggered traps disappear after a min and the stone activates a trap every 30 secs. And sabotaging traps was dumb from the get go. Literally should not be able to Directly disable a killers power

• BlazeNightash

So you would be able to stop traps despawning by picking them back up and resetting or using the stone