Make abusing the killer shack window bug a reportable/ bannable offense.

2»

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Bump

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2019

@not_Queen

Alright, i record a lot of my game,s so this is good for me.

Could I convince you to make a post about it in news so that other players know?

Even if almost nobody reports, a statement from the devs that you can be banned for it if the killer submits a recording, should curb some of the abuse. For the same reason people stop at stop signs when there's no traffic or police.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Tbh, if u can't catch a survivor after 3 windows vaults u have different issues than getting them banned.

• Waiting
    Waiting Member Posts: 3

Don't forget you need to be chasing the survivor too. If the chase music isn't playing, they're gonna be able to vault as many times as they want.

Had a case like that before.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited May 2019

@not_Queen You mentioned also submitting video proof. What about for those of us who don't record our games? I'm 46-years-old. I've no interest in recording my video game play and then having to delete any and all unneeded video files. I don't even have a recorder on my computer, unless it is something that just came with the Nvidia card or whatever Xbox app crap Windows 10 dumped on my system, and even then I've no idea how to activate it anyway. Nor do I care about it.

So, for us type of players, are our reports useless because we don't want to record our game play ad nauseam?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Kilmeran People don't have dash cams so they can upload "funny" car crashes onto YouTube. They have them for insurance purposes. Recording your own gameplay is based on the same principle, so you can stop with the ageism.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited May 2019

@Orion I disagree. I don't need an "insurance" reason to record my game play. And it's very much an age thing for me. At my mental age, I do not care enough about my game play to record it. I see no entertainment nor value in it. So, If a developer needs a video to do anything, then I'm better served just leaving their game.

For example, I've played Blizzard games for 25 years. Not even today, in Overwatch, do I need to make my own game play video and submit it for a report to be acted on. I know this for a fact, because I get notices when a report has been acted on. Amazing that Blizzard and other developers have adequate tech in place to handle it.

So, if a video is required here, that's fine. I will move on from DbD. They won't care, and neither will I.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Kilmeran Regardless of whatever "mental age" you believe you have, recording your own gameplay is just being pragmatic. Blizzard has a much bigger budget and a much greater number of staff members at their disposal than BHVR, by far. So yeah, they can afford servers that record everything and the staff to go through all those events to ascertain if reports are accurate or not.

However, automated messages don't prove anything. Steam sends me those as well, even if nothing has been done.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I was only referring about killer shack here, not about other windows.