Make abusing the killer shack window bug a reportable/ bannable offense.

SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

@Peanits @not_Queen

Ya'll banned a bunch of legion players for using double mending add-ons as an exploit. Well, it is only fair you do the same for people abusing the fact that the killer shack window cannot be entity blocked. It doesn't matter if you have bamboozle, or if they jump it 30 times. It will make the noise, smoke will cover it like usual, but the survivors can still vault it.

I had a guy knowingly abuse this in a game against me recently. Repeatedly. I've seen it happen again and again on peoples streams as well. (happened earlier on vincent vega's stream ie) And it seems rather un fair that there's no mention of this being a bannable exploit.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

They only got a temporary ban. Although I agree something should be done.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

@SmokePotion if im right that only hapens if you loose chase so dont loose chase lol

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's probably a lot easier to track people using add ons than it is to track people vaulting a window that's blocked but not registering as blocked. They probably only have reports to go on for it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't get a short ban, but it must be a difficult thing to do and the effort is probably better spent just fixing the exploit.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Folks , Does it only wokr if you break a chase?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Sairek I feel you. I've mentioned it multiple times, too, and tried to boost threads bringing awareness to it. I'm sure it'd be an easy, quick fix. Not sure why they haven't yet.

• fluffybunny

Some of those listed were more complex issues that required some time for them to deal with and adjust.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

i haven't noticed this before so i am going to look aout for it maybe i just missed it

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

And even if that was too time-consuming, the devs could still declare this as a bannable offense and accept video proof as an alternative.

There is one possible reason why the devs might be silent about this bug: They don't want the knowledge to spread. A lot of people don't know that this bug exists.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

is this on pc or ps4 or both?

• NoShinyPony

@Orion Believe me, a lot of people don't know about this one yet, even those who occasionally watch streams.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited May 2019

@NoShinyPony So you say, but the same BS was said about the insta-flashlight bug.

• NoShinyPony

@Orion I'm speaking from my own experience, when I talk to other people. Not every player is well-informed and up-to-date when it comes to DbD.

• NoShinyPony

@Orion I'm just talking about how many players might know about this bug. I was simply speculating why the devs are still silent about this bug.

Killers and survivors receiving different treatment is an issue, I'm not denying that.

• Orion

@NoShinyPony Trust me, they know.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I'm on the forums a lot and I did not know about this bug, but then I'm usually downed before I can get three loops out of the shack window.

• SmokePotion

@Orion Oh they know. but to make sure I did @Peanits and @not_Queen

It's a little strange that this is during their active times but no view from them.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@DocOctober people are clicking it for no apparent reason, that is why I don’t take vote downs seriously.

@NoShinyPony I’ve known that windows block off since I started. People are abusing this intentionally.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@Peanits and @not_Queen Please react.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
  • legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

if I could provide a video of an example of this i would but idk if you can

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Gotta' agree here. There are multiple windows on multiple maps that have this exploit, and once they're found, you're in for a bad day as killer (or fun infinite loop as survivor). This has been known about for ages and it's never been addressed, despite various posts and threads bringing it to light. Folks know by now, they look for it, and they take advantage of it. Devs need to fix it and start banning for it in the meantime. Simple as that.

• SmokePotion

Just want to update everyone that they have seen the thread.

Now to cross my finger,s and hold my breath. Not cause i'm waiting for change,s but because this was my last hit of weed.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

Can anyone give me a link of video? Idk what bug the OP says

• Cake1100
    Cake1100 Member Posts: 80

The Survivors do not get any alert when it's blocked. Instead of banning, just FIX the bug.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I don't think they should ban for it as it can be too hard to tell if its intentional.

I also posted that they shouldn't ban for the mend exploit for exactly the same reason.

I am not a fan of banning for bugs the devs create which can be done by the player accidentally.

The issue of course is banning for one and not the other which isn't fair in anyway you look at it, they have set a dangerous precedent.

They should be making it a top priority fix and some info of the problem and whats happening right now regarding what is being done would be nice.

• NoShinyPony

@TreemanXD @SmokePotion Guys, I'm not denying at all that players know this bug and abuse it. All I said is that there are also players who don't know that this bug exists.

• Orion

@NoShinyPony And we're saying that the precedent set with the Legion's exploit makes that distinction irrelevant.

• NoShinyPony

@Orion And that is totally fine. I'm not against making the abuse of this bug a bannable offense. I'm not defending the devs for not making this a bannable offense. I'm all for treating survs and killers the same.

I was only speculating why the devs haven't made this a bannable offense yet. Nothing more.

• fluffybunny

@DocOctober It's possible someone accidentally clicked the "vote down." That's where "vote up" used to be and usually positive comes before negative.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

not even a dev post in this thread shows how much they care

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Has this actually been an issue!? I do this whenever I’m getting in killer shack and it always blocks up that window for me after a few uses (as it should be)

I didn’t know know this was an issue it never happened to me before?

• Orion

@not_Queen First of all, thank you for replying. It's always appreciated to get a "full" reply from a developer regarding an issue such as this.

I must admit I'm skeptical about your claim that you don't have the necessary data to ascertain who is or isn't abusing the bug. Maybe not automatically due to a lack of infrastructure, but I'm fairly certain you have access to vault events and other stuff that occurred during trials. IIRC, such data was even compiled during an event.

That said, I will be recommending that people record their killer trials to find people who are exploiting this. Do you prefer clips containing just the abuse, or the full rounds?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited May 2019

I'm curious, what does this look like on the survivors side? IIRC I've played as killer and window got blocked for the survivor who was streaming and I watched back the stream and it seemed like they weren't in chase with me even though I were with them on my end so they got an extra vault on the window.