Clown bottles idea

People of the fog I think the clown's bottles should have a laughing gas effect instead of a cough. Get hit by the cloud would interrupt survivor actions and have burst in a manical laughter that would briefly slow them and reveal their position.

It should also have better add ons that affect gameplay such as:

1 a hallucenogenic compound, this would make the survivors see fake gens, red balloons that explode with blood, or other clown stuff. Whenever a survivor gets to close to these their position will be revealed to the killer and make for interesting gameplay

2 a tear gas solution, that would blind the survivors caught in the clouds

3 glowing powder being hit by a cloud will highlight the survivor for small amount of time

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Way too gimmicky, tbh.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

I think Clown has some major problems. Base reload takes way, way, way too long relative to the base number of bottles he carries. It almost completely negates the time he shaves off chases by the end of a match. By the time you reload, hook a survivor, and then find the next person, his chase potential is almost a moot point because of how inefficient he is between chases. Maybe this is a separate issue entirely, but maps like Purgation or Yamaoka estate are just too wide of an area for him to cover unless survivors are complete potatoes.

• cloud7dragon
    cloud7dragon Member Posts: 19

I agree with you the reload time makes the clown frustrating and wide open areas nearly make the clowns bottles useless

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Clown is one of the overbalanced BS killers after they started getting afraid to make any strong killers. Spirit is the only recent killer who is strong. His reload mechanic pretty much makes him a killer without a power. His entire power revolves around slowing survivors down and being an anti loop. Yet you slow down drastically to reload. At the very least I think the throw mechanic should be sped up so its MUCH easier to land more precise hits.

During the DP event I was cleaning out items as him and finally touched the ultimates. A 6 second aura? Kinda useless against a survivor I am ACTIVELY pursuing...

Direct hit equaling insta downs? Thats when it really hit me how weak his power is. I got 4 insta downs against a group of survivors and its effect went unnoticed.

• cloud7dragon
    cloud7dragon Member Posts: 19

That's so true at first I thought it was just that I hadn't quite figured him out yet, but there isn't really much you can do to redeem him without the devs reworking him all together. Playing as the clown feels completely underpowered as if the survivors see him and think oh it's just the clown no threat at all.