The Clown isn’t actually very good?

Options
He has some great perks but damn is he unenjoyable to play as and his power honestly sucks, it’s basically a none issue and it’s not even as good as the Hindered we get with the Huntress and Hag add-one. Truly awful killer on the same tier as Freddy and Wraith only he’s criminally unfun to play as too. 
PS4 users who were waiting for him with glee and giddiness, yeah he’s not worth the wait, easy to loop, easy to counter, easy to win against, and extremely unfun to play as. Also all of Kate’s perks are borderline atrociously bad. Worst chapter to date. 

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You need more practice. He basically slaughters looping with the right add-ons, and just the padded gloves and ether 5% are more than enough for him to hold his own against decent survivors. I'm prestiging him, will probably main him once he gets up there.
  • Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138
    Options

You see what makes a killer good is if the power helps in the chase and if it does it makes the killer good and clowns does help in the chase he slows them and you just have to learn how to play him.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

He is decent i feel like he relies on addons pretty heavily which can suck if you dont want to throw points everytime you want to play him.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I just don’t find him very enjoyable, only killer I proper enjoy is Freddy as I have him fully loaded out with game lengthening perks and also because he naturally slows the survivors down a fair bit.
    i think I’d enjoy every killer more, especially Clown if gen-rushing wasn’t such a rampant issue, 4 gens to down a single person at times because of loops also is a bloody joke /:
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    I just don’t find him very enjoyable, only killer I proper enjoy is Freddy as I have him fully loaded out with game lengthening perks and also because he naturally slows the survivors down a fair bit.
    i think I’d enjoy every killer more, especially Clown if gen-rushing wasn’t such a rampant issue, 4 gens to down a single person at times because of loops also is a bloody joke /:

Freddy doesn't really slow survivors down at all. They'll get a skill check within seconds of being put to sleep if not being chased, so you can only pressure one at a time, and even then you can't pressure them as well as any other killer.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:

No offense but if they're getting four gens done while you're completing one chase, you're playing Clown wrong.

• TheChanelOberlin
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:

No offense but if they're getting four gens done while you're completing one chase, you're playing Clown wrong.

Rank 6 and higher survivors run perks and loadouts dedicated to finishing gens faster. The group I mentioned with 4 chases all had Leader 3, Decisive 3, SB3 and SC3, and they were pairing to do gens and the one by themselves had a BNP. So no, I wasn’t doing anything wrong so ######### you?
  • The_Manlet
    Options

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

Not really. Four gens is actually two gens, and generators can be completed lightning fast if Ruin is not in effect or multiple survivors group on one generator. Even with the Clown's tonic, unless you're running top tier addons you can still get looped for days since pallets are still pretty safe and can be looped around even while slowed.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

Rank 6 and higher survivors run perks and loadouts dedicated to finishing gens faster. The group I mentioned with 4 chases all had Leader 3, Decisive 3, SB3 and SC3, and they were pairing to do gens and the one by themselves had a BNP. So no, I wasn’t doing anything wrong so [BAD WORD] you?

Cool excuses bro, but four gens while you're completing one chase is still an epic fail on your part and you deserve to be pooped on in that case.

• TheChanelOberlin
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

Rank 6 and higher survivors run perks and loadouts dedicated to finishing gens faster. The group I mentioned with 4 chases all had Leader 3, Decisive 3, SB3 and SC3, and they were pairing to do gens and the one by themselves had a BNP. So no, I wasn’t doing anything wrong so [BAD WORD] you?

Cool excuses bro, but four gens while you're completing one chase is still an epic fail on your part and you deserve to be pooped on in that case.

Okay then.
    dont cut yourself on that edge.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

Okay then.
    dont cut yourself on that edge.

An edgy person would tell you to die or KMS. He literally wanted someone to poo on you. That’s just.... weird

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Well played clowns will destroy pretty much anything in sight, especially on more wide open maps since they can nail the choke points pretty easily and throw pots at gens in distance.

• The_Manlet
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Well played clowns will destroy pretty much anything in sight, especially on more wide open maps since they can nail the choke points pretty easily and throw pots at gens in distance.

Throwing a bottle at a generator at a distance doesn't do much but reveal the survivor was working on it. By the time you get there, it will have run out and then they'll sprint burst away. You can nail choke points, but unless you're right behind them they'll still get to wherever they're going. There's always a pallet or window in reach.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    He has some great perks but damn is he unenjoyable to play as and his power honestly sucks, it’s basically a none issue and it’s not even as good as the Hindered we get with the Huntress and Hag add-one. Truly awful killer on the same tier as Freddy and Wraith only he’s criminally unfun to play as too. 
    PS4 users who were waiting for him with glee and giddiness, yeah he’s not worth the wait, easy to loop, easy to counter, easy to win against, and extremely unfun to play as. Also all of Kate’s perks are borderline atrociously bad. Worst chapter to date. 

For me he's almost on the same level as Huntress and right above Myers. I get great results with him.

Kate's perks are meh but who cares when she wears those painted on shorts.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited July 2018
    Options

Problem with clown, like a lot of other killers, is that he's fairly add-on dependent. Aesthetically, he's brilliant, and I like his concept. As far as overall viability and power are concerned, he's a mid tier killer. Nothing that'll challenge the popular trifecta of nurse, billy, and huntress.

Post edited by BadMrFrosty on
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Absolutely love playing as him. Just put him in my list of favorite Killers that will be getting the P3 treatment. Hag, Myers, Huntress, and Doctor in that order on my list. He might not be the most powerful, but he has great potential to cut down on looping with proper aim. His Perks are build dependent, but they do help a good bit in certain circumstances.

Not the best, definitely not the worst, I give him a solid B to B+. Well above average, but not into the Nurse/Billy tier.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Hindered is a universal status effect. It slows you down to 85%, and his add-on adds another 5%. It's the same as Hindered from anything else, except it's built into his power.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited July 2018
    Options

He's a mid-teir killer if you learn his play style, he would've been top tier if the devs made the ultra rare addon an actual ability.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:
    Hindered is a universal status effect. It slows you down to 85%, and his add-on adds another 5%. It's the same as Hindered from anything else, except it's built into his power.

The huntress slowdown is 3%.
    The clown slowdown is 15% (more with add-ons improving it, they may have nerfed the proficiency to 3,75% or smth for his add-on instead of 5%, gotta read the patchnotes to make sure)

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

I heard the Clown takes a bit of learning but he's pretty good once you get him down.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    edited July 2018
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzOLobfzG3A&feature=youtu.be

Angles are everything. There are spots like this that grant free hits on almost every map. (480p for your viewing displeasure)

• Brenon1106
    Brenon1106 Member Posts: 30
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:

I understand if a lot of people disagree with me, but i think the clown is pretty good. His power will almost completely stop pallet looping and he's still better than Wraith! xD

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

@Brenon1106 said:
    he's still better than Wraith! xD

Maybe you guys don't play him properly, but when I'm Wraith I often get all four of them out of my map. It takes a while but eventually I can get them to leave, and I'm always the highest rank so I know I'm doing good.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

Don't compare Hag slow to his slow plz. Hag slow is the same as huntress and it removes her teleport. Waterlogged shoe is garbage and useless. Without teleport, Clown is significantly better, same with Trapper

he only need longer mist duration, block action for 3 seconds / bigger aoe that's it

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

The Clown is a pretty decent Mid-tier, which is good in chases, especially when mastered, but still lacks map pressure, since he can still only pressure 1 survivor at a time, like most M1 killers.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    edited July 2018
    Options

KINK SHAMING PATRIARCHAL PIG REEEE

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

I enjoy playing as the clown as a matter of fact last night I won big time with him. I had 4 kills and 5 generators still left to repair. I had two of his either rare or ultra rare add ons on including an ebony memento mori and by the way I love the clowns mori it is op.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Redhead's Pinky Finger should not be included in his base kit. That's horribly overpowering. His bottles would just be used as Iridescent Hatchets instead of how they're supposed to be used, as blocking and slowdown effects. He does not need a one-hit down to be effective.

I've played a few matches against Clowns now, and the ones that I die to will use his powers to force me into the gas for the hit, and then do it again. The ones that throw them like a hatchet I always survive against. It isn't Nurse tier by any means, but there is a certain skill level playing the Clown and knowing where to throw, and when. You just need to adjust, and once you can then he is a pretty effective Killer.

• Brenon1106
    Brenon1106 Member Posts: 30
    Options

And everyone here is ignoring the fact i said he stops pallet loops. :/

• nhattminhh
    nhattminhh Member Posts: 16
    Options

You guy should stop bashing on wraith and freddy. Those two killers are meant to pressure survivor to get better at skill like pallet looping(no tea bag involve), coordinate team work, body blocking. In fact, you should think killer as the difficulty of a co-op game with a twist: the survivor can't choose difficulty. With Nurse, Huntress with iridescent/belt add on being the hardest and Freddy/Wraith being the tutorial mode.

• Lily0
    Lily0 Member Posts: 128
    Options

@Mringasa said:
    Redhead's Pinky Finger should not be included in his base kit. That's horribly overpowering. His bottles would just be used as Iridescent Hatchets instead of how they're supposed to be used, as blocking and slowdown effects. He does not need a one-hit down to be effective.

I've played a few matches against Clowns now, and the ones that I die to will use his powers to force me into the gas for the hit, and then do it again. The ones that throw them like a hatchet I always survive against. It isn't Nurse tier by any means, but there is a certain skill level playing the Clown and knowing where to throw, and when. You just need to adjust, and once you can then he is a pretty effective Killer.

How would it be horridly overpowered? He would still be worse than default billy, because of lack of mobility and considering how hard it is to actually get a direct hit with the bottles.