Closing hatch won't powered up the Exit Gates?

Absent
Absent Member Posts: 8

END GAME COLLAPSE

• Closing the hatch instantly powers up the exit gates.

Today the new patch had been released, so I tried 2 games instantly. There is 1 problem i was wondering about. Why does the killer closed the hatch wont powered up the exit gate, or am I misunderstanding how it means "Powered Up the Exit Gates". Kindly guide me through the answers. Or it means we are allowed to open gates as soon as I'm the last person within the game.

If so, I'll confused that how should the last person escape once the hatch has been closed? For sure the killer will be rotating between 2 exit gates... It is not even like testing your skills, its more like wait for the entity to get u down.

Comments

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

When the killer closes the hatch you are able to open the exit gates to escape or you can try and find the hatch before the killer does.

It's kind of a race to see who can get there first now.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531
    edited May 2019

As soon as the hatch is closed- regardless of when it happens- the gates are powered. The Survivor(s) then have to open one of the gates before they can escape.

It does not, however, power the generators. They are just locked out. Any perk or ability based on a generator being powered will not activate.

Short version, gates are powered, generators are not. They should line up with perk/power descriptions.

Post edited by Peanits on
  • BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

Dont worry to much, i think that happend cause they pull off a wrong build, they implement the build of the new chapter but now its should be good to go, they put the right one.

Or maybe is a bug, the sure thing is that you are not wrong

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I guess the general strategy as the last survivor (after the hatch has closed), would be to pick a gate, go altruistic, wait for killer to survey and leave gate, then open as quickly as possible.

Just better hope it takes them longer than 10 seconds to survey the second.