Dead by daylight- FNAF chapter

Options
Mr_Qwayzar
Mr_Qwayzar Member Posts: 123

Obviously tweaks will be needed but this could actually be a new flavor for the game . With Scott cawthon's permission of course. Devs please discuss this.

Comments

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

I wanted to splash a new flavor into dead by daylight. First robot killer- check. Multiple killers in one game but still keeping it fair- check. Fan service- check 😁

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
    Options

Honestly would love a Fnaf chapter in DBD, I love how colorful and neatly done you put together this idea. The ideas are excellent and we'll thought. One of my most favorite ideas I've seen. Well done sir/ma'am/other

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

First thing: very well done

I love how much effort you put into this

Second thing: Puppets goal seems to be a nurses calling for sabo but doesn't hangmans trick do basicly the same?

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

You are right it is like a nurse's calling for sabo. However Hangman's trick only applies to hooks and only gives a noise notification. Puppets goal is more tailored to the animatronics since they can be sabotaged and it gives a active aura reading. This also includes for hook sabo's.

• HyperBluuJay
    HyperBluuJay Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    Options

Very well thought out character abilities -check! Amazing, well balanced add-ons -check! I love the fact that survivors can sabotage the inactive animatronics and that there is a direct counter to that by using the Puppet's Goal perk, I also love that you can synergize Saboteur with Handyman to make sabotaging speeds very quick, one suggestion would be to either nerf or remove Keys to Success, if you were to nerf the perk my suggestion would be to make the times 360/330/300 seconds, with each upgrade removing 30 seconds so at tier 3 it takes 5 minutes to upgrade the key compared to 6 minutes at tier 1, if you were to remove the perk then it'd be a good idea to make a perk that could help counter the animatronics more, besides only having Arm Yourself which is more of a probability based perk, since you're not always guaranteed a flashlight from the chest, to fix this you can make Arm Yourself guarantee a flashlight on your FIRST chest search (ex: the Pharmacy perk) not just increasing the chances of finding a flashlight but guaranteeing that you will get at least 1 per match is a good idea. Overall this is an amazing idea and would 100% buy it if it were to get implemented into the game, it's obvious that you worked hard to try to make things fairly balanced, fun, and fair, love the idea and with a few balance changes to some perks as suggested above this would be an insanely fun addition to DBD, especially since the developers have asked in their recent survey if we wanted to see more licensed killers who knows, these 4 guys could one day actually become part of the game! (P.S Keys to Success quote is from Markiplier :D)

Edit: Oh and by the way I'd love to see some concept art of how the animatronics would look in-game!

Post edited by HyperBluuJay on
  • NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

Dang, this must have took awhile. Nice job!

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

You are right it is like a nurse's calling for sabo. However Hangman's trick only applies to hooks and only gives a noise notification. Puppets goal is more tailored to the animatronics since they can be sabotaged and it gives a active aura reading. This also includes for hook sabo's.

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

Thank for all that great feedback. I honestly am trying to get the devs attention onto this 😃

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

I sure hope the devs will notice it because I would love to see a FNaF related killer in DbD. :)

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

Even tho I don't like FNAF, I have to say that this is pretty good. Good job

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

Send it to not_Queen if you can . The more chance it gets seen

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

FNAF isn't my thing but seriously good work!

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

I am just gonna say no.

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

@Patricia what would it take to make this happen on my end?

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

The first decent killer idea on the forum imho.

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

@BillyIII alert the devs. I actually want to see this ingame before I die.

• Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181
    edited May 2019
    Options

Really well done! i really wish this was in the game!

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

@Huntedfailure Thank you, try to notify the devs about this 👏

• OneSneakyBoi
    OneSneakyBoi Member Posts: 4
    Options

This sounds really cool. I'd love to see a fnaf chapter or some sort of animatronic killer in dbd.

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

@Peanits which opera show do I gotta take you too, to get consideration for this?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,222
    Options

Absolutely gorgeous presentation. An interesting multi-body-killer-concept, which even thematically fits somehow.

Foxy would work better as legion expy tho.

And the best part: it's easy to balance this killer as entertainment for survivors (lol). The addons mostly work for 1 animatronic only. In my opinion they'd need to affect more than one.

Though i must admit that thematically or lorewise I'd think Springtrap/William Ashton to be a better choice for the FNAF-killer, although his ability concept would probably be more dull than this here.

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

@Raptorrotas Thank you!

What do you mean a legion expy?

Yes since there are 4 , if they were to make it to the game they would have the most addons of any killer (even though they can only equip 2)

I've read others idea that it should be springtrap ,but my head was screaming "Why stop there? All these characters and variations in this franchise and you won't even use them? Wasteful"

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,222
    Options

@Mr_Qwayzar

The way you wordes foxy's ability sounds just like legions' feral frenzy, why not just give him deepwounds too? I think i was mostly sarcastic with that comment.

And haha you're right, it'd be quite wasteful. Afterall freddy is the face of the franchise.

About the addons: The devs ONLY MAKE 20 addons per Killer, even this 'The Entertainment' with more bodies to control. So the devs would need to combine some of the addons so that they affect for example freddy+chica, bonnie+foxy, or some other combinations. The bloodwebs are already bloated enough, there is no room for that many addons on a "single" killer.

• Mr_Qwayzar
    Options

@Raptorrotas

I don't want them to be the exact same as already existing killer so I made tweaks to set them apart

Maybe you are right about the addons...well when they want to add this in and cross that bridge it will be squared away.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

Overall it seems pretty good. one thing I don't like is Mikes perks.

Arm Yourself: Flashlights are one of the worst things to get from chests second only to the broken key. They require huge amounts of skill to use as you often need to dodge the killer after. A perk giving more will soon be forgotten like urban evasion.

Handyman: The without a tool box is the problem. This means you need Saboteur which means 2 perk slots for one thing. Maybe make it something with generators more so, as that's a similar action that can be used with and without a toolbox normally.

Keys to success: Too OP. Imagine getting a broken key in the basement and sitting there for just 2 minutes so you can open the hatch and win. Kinda removes the purpose of broken key, an item meant to be used after collection in order to sorta cripple survivors with a dilemma of "take the toolbox and do gens faster this round or save this for some good abilities next round?". Maybe something with the aura channeling of the key. Like an additional 5-20 seconds on it, complementing brining keys in the first place.

Overall though, pretty good idea dude.

• voicefaded
    voicefaded Member Posts: 5
    Options

I know I'm commenting on this super late because its 2020 but this should 100 percent be in the game this is well thought out I hope the developers can get on this and work on a deal with Scott and implement this into the game

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

No thanks...

• FHRDN
    FHRDN Member Posts: 5
    Options

oh my god this would be sick but i feel like the better killer choices are ennard or springtrap because they fit the atmosphere of dbd much better, the fact ennard is an abomination of the funtime animatronics and has not been built correctly at all and just an endo skeleton with a mask or springtrap because he is full of holes with the body william afton inside with all the nightmares stuck inside to haunt them forever and also the body is red and seems more bloody which is perfect for the killers as they tend to have blood on them (im a fnaf nerd don’t judge me)

• Vampiriou
    Vampiriou Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm sharing your opinion about springtrap. He's still an important figure in FNaF and will fit very well in dbd. I can guide you trough the work of Semimatic who did an admirable job for ST and Fitzgerald as a survivor (I think Shmidt and Fitzgerald can both do the job).

I'm more confused about Ennard tho, due to the fact that he is less popular. Furthermore, in the lore he isn't even alive, because of the separation of multiple funtime animatronics who composed him. I can more imagine The Entity taking of ST from the fire in Fazbear Simulator than trying to achieve an animatronic puzzle.

• EyelessJacky
    EyelessJacky Member Posts: 3
    Options

I mean there's a nice thought but I don't like how that's the end result. foxy is basically legion. I think more thought needs to be put in on this before they come out with that.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

At least Resident Evil is confirmed for dead by daylight...

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

The only complaints I really have is that it doesn't make much sense for Freddy to throw his mic, I think every one of the animatronics should have a completely unique power, and Bonnie jumping 20 meters into the air is kinda... insane.

But I really like the core concept.

• Critical_Fish
    Critical_Fish Member Posts: 615
    edited April 2021
    Options

Freddy is Huntress but spooky, Bonnie is Demo without map mobility with Victors window interaction, Chica is the 3 gen machine, and Foxy is somehow worse Legion. Cool concept but the powers given to them, with the exception of Freddy, are all just the same power another Killer has or very unfun if used effectively.