Why did you nerf Legion so hard?

So I appreciate the couple fixes that you did for him, so thank you. I don't understand why you decided to make his Feral Frenzy only be used when it's full. I can't tell you how many times I was able to put more pressure on a survivor as they pull the pallet down and I immediately jump it then turn it off. Your Deep Wounds threat is a joke. I understand not seeing the timer, but if I can't apply consistent pressure with it, it's nothing. Not to mention for some reason it doesn't activate nurse's calling, and that's been an issue for forever. Another big issue with the nerf, is if I miss my Frenzy ends. That, by itself, actually makes me not want to play the only killer I like anymore. Sometimes you have wonky hotboxes or autoaim. Sometimes the survivor just makes you go brain dead and you miss. That shouldn't make it end, that's atrocious. Coupled with the "I can't use it until it's full" issue, there is barely any reason to play him. You are punishing the person for using his unique ability. So I ask why did you make those choices. They seem poor.

Answers

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

the silent majority hates the legion according to the polls so those of us who are vocal cant do a thing we are outnumbered and will never tip the scale in our favor

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited May 2019

Because survivors whined the house down, as they always do every time killers find a way to counter their toxic and abusive playstyle.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

Simple, because legion has little counter-play. And the full bar thing, if the Legion can Frenzy whenever he/she likes, what about the spirit, she can't, how is that balanced.

• VitalSignsNegative
    VitalSignsNegative Member Posts: 15

But I want to understand why. He isn't broken, he isn't S tier, he isn't common. There is no reason to punish him that bad though. He was easily my favorite killer besides trapper, but they gave him a disgusting animation now. It's gross to watch. That's off topic though

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You cannot just look at a single aspect of a kit in order to determine balance. The Spirit's power requiring full charge and the legion's not is hardly enough information to declare an imbalance.

Inconsistency? Maybe, but balance means you need the strength of the kit as a whole matched up against the opposing kits (the survivor's)

• VitalSignsNegative

I actually thought it was really good before. I hardly ever lost a chase, I loved it. But what I addressed is really putting some bad tastes in my mouth for him

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

What?? They didn't nerf legion, increased feral frenzy time makes it an already hard task to escape (no looping/vaulting) from legion next to impossible.

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

His base speed was increased now 4.6, with missed attack, you'd still be able to down whoever you're chasing, because the injured survivor needs to mend. So, basically if you're not noob, you have a guaranteed down on whoever you're chasing, which tbh makes it unfair to a survivor being chansed, as there are very few situations in which you successfully get away from a legion.

• VitalSignsNegative

Seriously though, he's underpowered to most. I personally play on console, and luckily my skill with legion helps me still win, but I have to adapt and basically not even use his ability for offense. I have to use it to move, at that point, why not use Billy. They butchered my boy and I miss him. He needed a buff if anything, like I mentioned in the OP. He isn't hard to lose, he is just the same. It doesn't matter on the killer, it matters on the person behind the killer. I'm garbage with nurse and Billy, but since their S tier I must also be S tier. It just doesn't correlate properly. The moonwalking or looking down was a big issue for sure, but they also nerfed more than necessary. Overall bad balancing.

• VitalSignsNegative

Okay let's give an update on this garbage balance. I singlehandedly lost the match because of the whole re re idea of "I need to wait until the meter is full" until I can use it again. Seriously they need to go back on this, that's absolutely dog door Doo. I want to use more vocal language but I have no idea how the policy is here. Everyone is talking about it in the feedback why haven't they responded!