Most fun I've had with Legion

gantes
gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Before the update, I confess I'd only play Legion when I was tilted or wanted to tilt people into oblivion.

Now I actually have fun with this killer.

Firstly, the extended duration on Frenzy and the larger terror radius make me feel like I'm applying pressure (not just feel, but we'll get to that later). Hunting people down and chaining hits is very satisfying.

115%ms means that I can actually chase people and down them without the braindead way the Legion did it before.

The last few games I've played with Legion made me feel like their intended design has finally been achieved. You shouldn't pick this killer to tunnel people down and overcommit to chases with your power, you need to impose your presence around the map. Those were some of the slowest, most controlled games I've played in a long time, which is something I'd been missing in this game. I didn't get hooks that fast, but the survivors didn't get anything going fast either. It was a nice change of pace from the usual "snowball in 3 minutes or ya #########" stressfest.

The only complaints I have are that I really miss the extra MS addons (but can see why they're gone) and we need a new pallet vault animation asap. The main problem isn't the speed, it's how sluggish it looks. Bonus points for Bamboozle affecting pallets too. Yeah, I know it ain't gonna happen, but a man can dream.

Currently my favorite addons are the ones that extend the frenzy durationl, reduce charge time and the ones that increase the mend timer. I'm not a big fan of the pin addons though, but maybe I haven't used them properly yet.

Congrats to the devs for turning a fundamentally flawed design into a functional, healthy killer. I have a feeling that most people complaining aren't that good in chases and miss the non-counterplay cheese the previous iteration had, but I firmly believe that Legion got miles better for the average killer player that wants skilled matches.

Comments

• SujYongHoe
    SujYongHoe Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2019

I mean i was new when legion was released. I can say he was and is still the only killer i enjoy i have always played legion the way u NEED to play him now. Never exploited chases nothing. Given that, i can agree that made legion healthy. Ppl finally dont dc against me. It was discouraging playing nice against them and seeing dcs everywhere.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

The Terror Radius isn't extended to apply more pressure though. It's just a straight nerf so Survivors have more time to spread out before you enter Feral Frenzy.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2019

Just an adjustment to be consistent with the new movement speed like the vast majority of 115% killers*