The SWF Data isn't what it looks like.

SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Peanits did state that you shouldn't draw direct conclusions from most of the data. And this is one of those instances.

firstly I will post the charts, for easy reference.:

You can see clearly that about 8% of games have a 4 man SWF being recorded. And 3 mans seem to sit around 20% of the time. That might sound small. But you have to understand is that this is not broke down by rank.

But the survival rate is about even across the board. Which, again, isn't broke down by rank. Which tells us that a 4 man group of green ranked survivors are still green rank survivors, and don't transform into a magical killer killer. So, since the majority of players are around green, they wont be surviving any more then normal, because they don't have the knowledge to capitalize.

But the other piece of data that needs to be considered, is survival by rank. Here we can get a small glimpse into things, and use this to come up with a little info. Ranks 4-1 survive 70% of the time (scaling up to around 75% survival at rank 1) And they are around 8-10% of the population. This is where SWF is far more common in lobbies, and far more of a problem in the game. It's natural that the red rank survivors would group up. They see eachother in the same lobbies a few times a week. It may seem strange, but names get recognized if they stay Red long enough, due to such low population.

So there we have it. The data shows that SWF doesn't help much, if you are an average player, playing an average skilled game. However that is most likely not the case the higher up the ladder you go.

What's ya'lls thoughts?

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Yeah I do agree that survival rate one needs to be separated out by those that are entire solo groups, and the rest (which is the one shown)

I think it is important for people to see entire solo groups stats and not get them mixed up with SWF.

I can't imagine too many solo survivors in the red rank in comparison to those sitting at rank 14.

So how much does SWF help in terms of their overall survival rate? That would be interesting too see more clearly.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Exactly why survivors call out folks who claim that all they run up against are SWF Sabo Squads. That's just nonsense and on PS4 it I've never ever seen it.

Hopefully now with this data we can now more easily call BS on those who just want to enflame the community instead of accurately reporting what is happening.

Now that we know that it's no where near the issues killers claim can we fix the actual issue? Trolls...

• Raizinz
    Raizinz Member Posts: 43

The data isn't aggregated enough to be damning of anything, using raw data is misleading and using it to supplement an argument is even more-so