Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Am I the only who thinks GF got a terribly poor design?

BACKSTABBER
BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

the original one is less slender, the cape is veeery different... check by urself

it seems DBD did a lazy copy/paste from the Legion which is more slender/muscled/tall:

I hope these ones are not the final models lol

Best Answer

Answers

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

I think they need him to be more smaller neally the same as pig so that hes more stealthy i like hes skins the red and blue are awesome

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Tru3Lemon Being smaller won't benefit him as long as his colorful clothes scream "here I am".

scream, hö hö

• Niitosky
    Niitosky Member Posts: 329

Robert Scott there it's not a creator of ghostface.. is simply a fan of saga and dead by daylight..

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

I like the design they created a lot and looking forward for the skins they can create because it's only a licensed mask and maybe they even can create maskes like they want

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

@Niitosky Still, no need to be rude towards someone who practically did nothing wrong.

• Niitosky

where I would have been "rude"? I simply stated that the one there is not a ghostface creator

• Niitosky
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I have nothing against the original Ghostface design, but I also have nothing against this new design. I'm willing to accept it as a "BHVR's take on Ghostface."

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

This is still a month before we're supposed to be seeing him in the PTB... These aren't going to be the final models.

You're passing judgment on things that you don't know as well. Why does it seem like we're only getting Ghostface? The developers confirmed we're getting a chapter (Killer + Survivor + map) and I'm not sure where everyone is getting the intel that it's just going to be GF.

The power mentions he'll be able to crouch.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

This...right here. I really dislike the bright in your face colours, just leave it black and or grey...then Killer Mains will have their own killer that blends...like claudette.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

I think he looks awesome

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Meh. Its fine.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

The reason why they didn't get the movie's cloak is because the mask, the cloak and the character have all different licenses. They most likely only got the license to the mask and the character, if they took the third license they would have probably had to make this chapter more expensive.

So the question is, do you want to pay more than usual for a full Ghostface or a slightly different version of it that costs as other licensed chapters?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Why is his outfit not black?

• Mushwin

They may as well of given that mask and cosmetic to legion since it's just the mask they got. If they leave out the bright colours it's okay.

• LCGaster
    edited May 2019

@Niitosky

Ok, I stand corrected. I don't care enough about the character to look everything up.

That said they might only have gotten part of the second license for the reason I pointed out, it would cost too much.

Post edited by LCGaster on
  • Rockatanskyrenzo
    Rockatanskyrenzo Member Posts: 30

Under my point of view, he is not ghostface at all. Why the ######### you retouched her basic and lovely classic movie design?!. I don´t believe that a simple black robe has a licensor. That´s not the true spirit of the Scream saga... It seems just a poor copy from the original. Please devs, don´t do strange experiments with licensed content, sometimes less is more.

• Rockatanskyrenzo

Man, don´t fool yourself... they do it for profits not for us, it´s a business after all, I understand that. The design is ugly as hell and it has nothing to do with the original and only Ghostface, if you were a hardcore horror fan you would understand my complain. Nothing personal here.

• Rockatanskyrenzo

Of course I would pay more for an authentic licensed character. My personal opinion

• LCGaster

@Rockatanskyrenzo

I respect your opinion.

But you do need to think about the backlash it would bring if it was indeed more expensive. There would be so many "WHY DOES THIS COST SO MUCH REEEEE" posts.

I would have liked more the original as well, but I'm personally content with this design as well, except the other options, it's supped to be a stealthy killer devs, not a beam of light in the dark.

And if you want people to read your comments that are not the OP of the post you need to @ them

Have a nice day my friend

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

If they charged $60 for it I would still buy it I'm so excited 😪

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

i never saw any of the scream movies, but i still would have preferred a loose flowing black robe like in the image of the OP.

But i still think the GF design looks pretty dang good. Just make it a bit darker perhaps?

• Mushwin

@LCGaster okay have to ask, how is @Niitosky been rude? they were just giving some information

• LCGaster

@Mushwin

He just seemed aggressive in the response. It was probably just a wrong impression, I'll edit it out

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

I'm surprised they made such changes given how visually accurate Myers, Freddy, Pig and Leatherface are to their movie counterparts.

• Mushwin

@LCGaster i can understand, it can be hard over the net to wonder if people are been aggressive etc, but it didn't seem like it from me, but it happens to the best of us :)

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2019

It's because the licensing for Ghostface is all ######### up.

Character is from the film.

Mask and costume are owned by different companies.

They may have the right to use the mask and the film/tv series character but not the full costume.

Besides I actually like the new look. More visually interesting than black cloak.

• LCGaster

@Dwight_Fairfield

That's probably the reason why they can't get to make more cosmetics for them.

Other than the fact that if they got the full license it would cost too much, by making the body different they can modify it as much as they want to give us more cosmetics for it

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

He looks very skinny yeah and kinda weird, it makes it kinda creepy to me.

I would prefer his costume to be darker instead of grey tho.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I want to think that they wanted to give Ghostface a semi-original design to match the darker tone of the game, kinda how they made Freddy's sweater black and red rather than green and red. The new design look really nice in my opinion at least, but it would be cool to have the iconic robes.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

some ppl like will like to have that red color but you have the 1 that can camo alot it will be difficult since the mask its very white

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Just a pure black robe/gown will be fine. Nothing too fancy. Still pretty dope as it is now.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I hope its not the final look, as honestly it looks like a model of a druid and someone has just Photoshopped the Ghost face mask onto it

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I like it. Especially the strings from his outfit that are just floating

• Sythalin
    Sythalin Member Posts: 280

If you look closely at it, you can clearly tell that it's just a shorter Wraith model with a different head.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Just like they used freddy's model for Amanda... xD

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

Ghost Face was 2 different high school kids. 1 tall and thin (Matthew Lillard), the other shorter and more stocky (Skeet Ulrich). So this design is somewhat a combination of the 2. I seriously doubt that Dimension Films would license anything to BHVR, which is why Pin Head, and several others, will never be in the game. As others have stated, it also explains why only the name and mask are similar, not the actual cloak. The ONLY reason that we have Halloween, is because Dimension Films sold the Halloween franchise back in 2015.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

This whole leak likely only happened because devs are pushing new dlc and fixes out every month.

They are working their booty's off. We should be patient and allow the whole thing to release before giving actual criticism.

Those complaining should hold onto their horses because any frustrations at this point will be damaging to the game.

Wait until you hear how everything else works before forming a full true opinion of what the Scream chapter is