The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

why is ruin allowed

i get it to slow the game down but my god is so f**king annoying why can’t it just affect an area of the map so you destroy one totem and ruin no effect in the area it ironiicly ruins the game for survivor who are not good at the skill check

Answers

• davidthyrat
    davidthyrat Member Posts: 44

no i just fine the perk annoying as hell and ruins the game for me but that’s just me a guess

• davidthyrat

no i just find it annoying and ruins the game for me but i did suggest how it could be change so it still does whatsvit does just less annoying

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    edited May 2019

Because I dont want to be gen rushed in 3 minutes with toolboxes and survivors on separate gens? Even with toolboxes on ruin it can go by fast. Personally if I have a green or purple toolbox with good add ons I gen tap instead of holding repair because it goes by fast af boi. zoom zoom

• davidthyrat

as o said i get it it’s ti slow the game down but why not have it do all totem have it on but only effect the area the totem is in so even if you break one the other totem are still working in their area

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Bait.

• davidthyrat

not bait me being honest and probably taking to not enought time to type

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Why is this post allowed?

• davidthyrat

cause i am allowed to post and it’s a simple question and i even gave a solution that’s all totem have the ruin effect running but into effect turbulence area it’s in so survivors still have it break them but once one broken the area it’s end no longer is effected by ruin but in other area with the unbroken totems still effect gens with ruin

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

Do you even know that another HEX perks exist? If Ruin applied to all totems, where to apply other perks?

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Ruin is part of the game. You either power through it or look for the totem.

• davidthyrat

it be like a patten then if that’s happed so ruin will run i some area and the other hex in other areas or double the totem

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

@davidthyrat Asking why a perk should be allowed, that can be destroyed in the game mind you, comes off really ignorant. I’ll give you a pass since you seem like a yellow rank player, but maybe change the post to not come off as ignorant.

• davidthyrat

how i amit i get what’s it’s for say i finding it annoying and how it could be changed for the better or maybe not

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The thing is a lot of players (particularly on the Killer side) believe the game has a problem with gens being rushed too quickly, and they feel that Ruin is one of the only ways to combat that sorta effectively. You need to convince those people that weakening the perk is a good idea.

• davidthyrat

i agree with you but if it used a totem per area it would still slow the game down but give the survivors more a chance

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Because thay actually would make Ruin ridiculously strong. Killers can see the gen aura as they need to be able to patrol them. If ruin affected all totems it would still blanket the map, but gens spawn in ways that often have the majority cluster to one side. So if the killer just protects the clustered area, you're never getting all the gens done.

Also you have to take into account that ruin is just one hex perk out of I think 8 now? So if it used all the totems you couldn't use the others in the same build which would break a ton of established builds both meta and off meta. Ruin isn't that bad once you get used to it. You can learn to hit Great skillchecks or you can tap the gen which is not that much slower and avoid skillchecks altogether.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Simply because generators get done really quickly.

Killers don't often have a lot of free time.

Ruin is used the help them with that issue of not really having time

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230

i would tunnel and face camp you. I hate gen tapping it’s a bs way to get passed a perk

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230

Also you must be new. Ruin honestly even that good of a perk anymore. A lot of people learned how to either power through it or know all the totem spots so it gets found soon. Or they just get lucky and it spawns right next to where they start. Don’t listen to people that tell you to gen tap either they’re ######### players and won’t get any better at the game

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Ruin is a good thing to have if the survs gen rush....it works better on some killers then it does others though...but yes some power through it. i think ruin is a good thing really and i am more of a surv main lol, even i don't like it when i play a srvs and gens are done too quick

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Ruin is a drag but it does help you get better a skill checks. I don't mind Ruin, but having to go through it 6 matches in a row is annoying. As a killer, Ruin does help you gain an edge.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Because doing gens at lightning speed is allowed, thats why

Ruin is the most used perk in the whole game for a reason

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

OP, how long are you playing this game?

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019

Still complaining about ruin in 2019 Lmao. It is not even a good perk. It has potential to slow the game but only if survivors allow it. You search for totem = you are not doing gens = loose.

Just work through it, if you can't hit grapes just hit good and stop for 3 seconds. How hard is that lmao. Someone finds it eventually by accident.

Ruin actually makes you better player as hitting grapes speeds up any action. If you don't even try hit them you will never learn.

Whenever i play survivor i am happy to see it because its much less likely to see really powerful perks like devour, myc, whispers or bloodwarden.

Edit: if you are super potato there are perks like stake out, this is not happening or technician.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited May 2019

Ruin cause 5% regression if Good skill check. But as I notice that the further Killer is, the less skill check pop up. Its possible only 2 Skill check appears when finish fixing a gen when the Killer isnt around you. Beside gen tapping can ignore the Ruin perk is just stupid.

My thought is just to make Ruin slow down 50% fixing speed (160sec fixing, or requires 160 charges of tool box to finish). No more Regression skill check. And just make the Ruin happens by default without require adding Ruin perk. Since Killer has a free Ruin perk, perhaps survivors only need to fix 4 gens?

I just want more Objective to do beside doing 5 Gen.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

I had countless situations with 0 skillchecks per gen even in terror radius. Full rng @C3Tooth