The New ‘The Legion’

2»

Comments

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Doing gens isn't a counter. It's an objective and a game design problem every killer has to deal with. And like I said, DW is a mechanic they gave Legion to artifical stall the chases of their ability, because Frenzy didn't have any kind of counterplay. It was fun for killers, but a bad design. They tried to fix with the last changes without completely reworking the killer.

And there aren't much double standards here. Devs addressed pallets, blinds in the past. There are different ways for a killer to approach loops, pallets, vaults etc. I know it's not perfect, but saying this whole thing about fun is about double standards isn't true. I mean they are trying to fix Freddy with a complete rework, to make him fun for everyone.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

They dont ignore the feedback, you just are asking to bring back the old legion, they cant heard you because your feedback it is not constructive.

Thats all, stop crying and blame devs, they will buff him, just stfu

• nickoli2233
    nickoli2233 Member Posts: 100

I just find it frustrating and tiresome that the devs choose the nuclear option frequently and have no concept of balancing properly. Make smaller changes in smaller time frames or maybe think a little more about the changes you are making. Really no point playing Legion since he wasn't actually that great before and needed exploits fixed. Now he is both un-fun and has a useless power. Want to stab multiple people? Too bad, turns out everyone has scattered and the ones you hit already have deepwounds remove and possibly already healed up. They should've scrapped the idea and never released him to begin with. Now with the leak of Ghostface it seems that Pig and Myers will be up on the chopping block because his power is basically theirs combined. But that remains to be seen.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019

Vaulting feels so bad. Also the miss on swing coupled with the 4 second stun feels terrible too.

The animation and sound is terrible and it feels worse than a regular vault. I think they should bring back the fast vault speed, make the power drain while you're vaulting (right now it does not drain), and have missed hits drain the power quicker rather than fully.

Overall, Legion's power feels clunky as hell. It's a disservice to use Legion's power in a chase. It's not very fun anymore.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

This. All they really needed to change from legion was the moonwalking exploit and the intentionally missing attacks to go faster. Everything else was fine as is and fun. It didn't kill anyone, and killers got to have fun.

Oh wait, that was the problem. Killers got to have fun.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2019

Imagine thinking that never winning chases if you're against a killer with half a brain belonged in the game

Sometimes I'm glad the devs don't listen to us all the time

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I have tons of fun playing killer. Maybe it's because I like to win by actually outplaying survivors and when I lose, I lose without excuses. You guys should try that.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151
    edited May 2019

Problems with the old Legion: Trying to play as intended proved fruitless; in practice, the legion was encouraged to tunnel 1 survivor and spend 10-15 seconds per hit stabbing one survivor like 5 times with no real way for the survivor to disengage, when the intent was for legion to spread the pain to every survivor. The other option was to stab a person with feral frenzy once and then chase them normally, which proved to make the legion extremely succeptible to windows/pallets, in personal experience.

Except, that first part with the multi-stab could be pushed in your favor as the legion by using an exploit to make the timer go down in unintended ways. Just removing that exploit alone (or playing without it) Made the legion weak and gave them the options of being ineffective or tunnelling. They should have started by nerfing this exploit with the terror radius thing, and then they probably would have needed to do something like increase movement speed while cooling down from a frenzy to compensate. They instead removed most of the power of the frenzy to the point that the only thing it's good for in practice is seeing the heartbeat of other survivors and getting that first hit a second or two sooner.

As both legion and survivor, I found it pretty obvious moonwalking or other means of chasing while deep wound was going down was the only way they really stood a chance, and that's fun for neither party. Now legion seems pretty weakened from an already weak state

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    edited May 2019

This feels so rushed. Instead of testing them in parts until they found a good balance it feels like they just threw every idea together and called it a day. His power is so useless now, it's so punishing for no reason because it never feels like you get any real payoff with it.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

Yeah, honestly tried this last night and it's less feral frenzy and more leisurely jog in slow motion. I used to enjoy how different the playstyle felt, fast paced and focused on a divide and conquer style of play (i.e. deep wound spreading and then follow up with attacks later bc people never healed despite thanat) I was all for the exploits being removed and I don't care about the timer etc it was never a downing power for me in the first place but I just don't get why they had to make so many changes at once. I'd rather the 110% base speed if it meant I get faster frenzy even without the increased duration and with the missed hits cooldown (but the stun now is horrendous and the cooldown is way too long) and orion nailed it 100%

Thank you @Orion for bringing that spicy defence, logic and reason to this thread 💖

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373