Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The new legion is garbage

Vassyle
Vassyle Member Posts: 48

I know lots of people hate legion cause he has "no counter" and i agree with this, he needed one or two nerfs, but man... noe he's only good for deranking, isnt even fun to play him, u get blind for almost 5 seconds, no blood pools, slow vaults (better break the pallets than vaulting them) and the mend has literally no purpose. I think BHVR went too far with this one. In my opinion, i think i would have been enough the nerf against moonwalking. What do u think?

Comments

• Vassyle

Bro, instead of doing that u better just erase him from the game, as he is a shame for everyone who plays him, he is just a bad joke now, and i really liked him before...

• Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304

If they did that they may actually have up consider giving refunds to the people who bought him to enjoy him.

Can't compensate people for removing something they paid for. Better just make them not want to play it at all. That way they still get to keep their profit.

• Vassyle

Do u really think it was needed? Everyone said (before the nerf) that legion is a low rate killer, and now everyone hates him cause of some ######### exploiting his bugs. As i said, it would have been enough if they counter the moonwalk, as they did now

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

Honestly I was hoping for legion buffs. Unless Legion wanted to spend 10 seconds+ a hit tunnelling one survivor to hit them 5 times, they had to deal with loops without using frenzy, which was really bad.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Played vs 2 Legions today, 1 time he got a 4K (well, using the best Add-Ons, Iridescent Button and Cold Dirt), second time 2K (without any good Perks and with brown Add-Ons)

Does not sound too bad.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Yeah, been chaining games as Legion and the stun is nasty, you need addons otherwise it's way too much to handle, on top of FF being slow af in both running speed and vaulting speed, wich makes playing Legion really boring now.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Haven't had a problem with the stun so far. After getting a free frenzy hit, you can still reposition yourself in a place where the survivor can't get anywhere too safe, or literally play the game like any other killer except only having to hit them once.

• Kirrik
    Kirrik Member Posts: 4

Legion is stronger after rework, you can get your free first hit with frenzy and then dont bother with it anymore and play like any other m1 killer would. That already above what most m1 killer get.

• Plu

He's stronger as an M1 killer, wich used to be the old optimal playstyle, can't deny that he's stronger on that aspect @Kirra , but the only problem we have with that is the power being weak and heavily restricted with an unavoidable 4 second stuns at the end, if anything now i try to get stunned by pallet instead of desactivating it because i don't lose all my vision and it takes less time to recover from a pallet stun than frenzy's stun.

I wouldn't mind the power being weak if it wasn't so heavily restricted to use and if we wouldn't have to eat a 4 second stun everytime we desactivate it.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

The stun is there to prevent you from hitting someone with FF and with a regular attack immediatly afterwards, which is not the intended design.

If you deactivate it yourself, you keep the remaining power. If you get pallet slammed you lose everything. Not worth it.

• Plu

It is worth it in a chase, after applying DW there's no point in keeping your power up, a pallet less and a shorter stun is worth it.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

i have to agree with this thread sadly:( he is bad to play now cause i was almost at rank 12 but got depip to rank 14 like really:(

• snowflake102

and to top that one survivor dc

• snowflake102

are you happy now survivor mains?

• Vassyle

They might be, BHVR changed legion mostly cause of the survivors request :((

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited May 2019

Ofc he is garbage now, but only for those people who abused his mechanics and enforced ez 4Ks.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

that's what happens when u abuse the ######### out of legion's mechanics

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I lost 4 pips when I played as Legion today. He is terrible. The stun when coming out of Frenzy should be 3 seconds instead of 4. I think that is what's really hurting him right now.

• Aven_Fallen

If you played a lot of Legion, well... It was so easy to rank up with them. So you may just be in Ranks where you should not be.

• IronKnight55

I play mostly Clown, Pig and Legion. I do fine at my rank with both Pig and Clown (rank 3). Legion is just bad. You get a 4 second stun when you use his power. Its too much.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

I like the new Legion and enjoy playing that basic sometimes. Just hit and repeat quite easy. He isn't to viable and sure it would be better if he would be as a lot of other killers should be. But he is fun. I did great yesterday actually better then with the old one but thats just because I hated to play efficent with the old Legion. He can mindgame really well now and you can use different builds on him now. Learn to bait paletts to get a short stun even better with enduring.

Give the changes some time to understand them

• Yuhg
    Yuhg Member Posts: 50

played the first game with legion yesterday (i'm rank 12 or so because i don't play the game all that much, just a few games a day), and got paired with rank 5-3 survivors. Used CD addons and "meh" perks, here's the result

Was a pretty decent game, but honestly right now the gameplan is like this (at least for me)

Find survivor, hit survivor with FF, if you hear heartbeats, look for the other survivor, if not, follow the last one you hitted with FF, get yourself in his back, deactivate power, chase and M1.

With this you force them to not be doing objectives (if you hit more than one) during the time they have to mend, wich usually is when you already got the other survivor down. Now deep wounds is just for buying time. Also, people tend to keep healing on him to full, so maybe nurses calling is not a bad idea sometimes.

• IronKnight55

I just played another game and got a 4k. I almost got a double pip. Maybe I just need to play with him and get better.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Even a perkless speed limiter Leatherface can 4K against complete inepts, but that doesn't make him a good killer.

• Plu
    edited May 2019

What @Acromio said, 4K means nothing other than the player is good and that the skill difference between the 2 side might have been huge.

It doesn't MEAN that the killer you played as is "good"

• Aven_Fallen

@Acromio

Ah, yeah, of course. Had 5 games already vs Legion, 3 4Ks, 1 3K, 1 2K. And in every game the Legion Player was exceptionally good and the Survivors (which were at the same Rank) were Potatoes. Sure, sure...

New Legion is not garbage. He is alright. "Problem" is that people need to adapt now, he is not braindead anymore. So some people will struggle with him.

• Plu

Yeah so the argument is going to be that now "He's less fun but he's better as a killer"

The counterplay issue of old Legion was fixed when you guys decided to remove the ability to damage DW and fixing the exploits, so i have no idea what you are on about now.

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78

Any w+m1 killer will do well. Legion isnt fun anymore we are better off playing wraith with 10x better efficiency. That'sthe issue.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2019

@Peanits

To answer:

Feral Frenzy scales as you strike more target in the same frenzy.

Frenzy will start with its current speeds/duration and deep wounds timer.

Each time you hit a different survivor the deep wounds timer get's reduced by 10%, your frenzy is reset, and given an additional 3 seconds (this is to help you get to the next victim)

After stabbing a second victim stabbing the same victim will no longer end feral frenzy,

After 4 stabs total, your stab now has the ability to put down a bleeding target.

The object is to let him spread dmg around, and get stronger. Which will make him more of a threat in the late game when survivors are closer together. The amount of stabs to transition into putting someone down means the chases should be on the long side for a skilled player game, but still doable. Making him have to stab 2 different people before his perk switches into lethal to people bleeding out, means he is less tunnely, which was the chief complaint.

Hard counters:

Lithe & Sprint burst: Still counters him hard in this build.

Pallets: they exist and are still his bane if you smack him with it.

Generator times

edit: Might consider changing his killer instinct to target only people he has stabbed. Keeping track of his victims, and giving people the chance to stealth him in a way that feels like they did somehting rather then he went after someone else. SO this would be a QOL thing for survivors, more then to increase his lethality. (it feels unrewarding to juke legion)

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

40% of the killers i faced who played legion were abusing his powers. it's not a few. maybe try playing survivor??

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236

It's funny . His power became very useless he is more Powerful when chasing normally depending on bloodlust .

And I don't think he was that bad before just that some of his add-ons and builds can be abused .

He only needed some little tweaks not a nerf

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@Peanits

You dont realise Frenzy M1ing people multiple times is a counter by itself because of how much time you lose. After moonwalking, it was the least effective way to down someone. What are the other Survivors doing during that time? FMT was an add-on that removed that counter, and that is why that specific add-on was a problem.

As I have said before, Legion were fine the way they were before. Some of their add-ons and moonwalking were LITERALLY THE ONLY PROBLEMS. Those problems were addressed, and thats very much appreciated, but at the unnecessary cost of a decent Killer being trashed because of senseless whining.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Fix the moonwalking exploit

Make missed attacks drain the power faster and offer a slight slow down to legion

Make FF attacks not deplete the mending timer

Literally nothing else needed to be touched.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

As someone who plays Legion quite a bit, I can say they're in a better spot, of course they could still use some tweaking. My main annoyance with Legion is not being able to use frenzy until it's full while also losing it all when you miss with it. It's not very noob or controller friendly and I much prefered it when you could pop it at 25% charge as it has no killing potential at all.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,199

I don't think Legion is bad or garbage. I would say Legion rework is one dimensional. There's only one way to really play him now. You grab the green Stolen Sketch Book with either Susie's Mix Tape or Iridescent Button and you stab all 4 people in single frenzy then you proceed to down them with normal M1 115 ms. If the survivors heal, Feral frenzy all of them again, Rince and repeat until everyone dies. If they don't heal and just do generators while successfully using every pallet on the map, too bad for you i guess.

When compared to to other killers, Other killers can have slight change in their play style based on what add-on they use, and they change their purpose of their power. For example, Wraith has Shadow Dance add-on's, Silent belle, Fast uncloak, All seeing orb, Myser has Mirrors,Unlimited Evil within, Tombstone. Pig can change her traps for stalling the game on boxs or Amanda Letter. When you look at Legion's play style variety, what does he have? Oh, that's right, none. The play style of speed+duration from previous patch was possible before rework. Fatique add-on got nerfed. The power takes forever recharge making Tape and Cold studies pointless because duration increased recharge timer. The Legion pins give him wrong status effects and don't really help him at all.

For the record, The plague nerf that reduces her movement speed when holding vomit achieved same result. In PTB, you could play in any style you wanted. When she got on to live servers, She's forced to use Vile effectiveness add-on or Worship Tablet+Black Incense with assumption that, If the survivors don't cleanse, you get map-hack and if they do, you get normal movement speed holding corrupt purge and Vile effectiveness for expose-type killer game-play. That's why your statistics on Plague kill-rate are so poor on plague. So it's not first time that you've weakened a killer and forced one-dimensional play on them.