Can you please turn this into a horror game again?

JoLo
JoLo Member Posts: 108

If you look at older videos (late 2016, early 2017) of Dead By Daylight, you know why the survivors didn't beat up the gens back then. They were afraid. 

Because MIST.

Because DARKNESS.

Please work on the arena character of Dead By Daylight and reduce the sight of all players. Without offerings, perks, add-ons and stuff like that. It would solve soooooo many problems.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Although you can't make the game more scary I would like the atmosphere more although it couldn't apply to killers because that would be a buff to blendettes.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

In 2016/2017 the game ran on a different engine and it handled lighting and volumetric fog very poorly. Also you can't brighten the game as a player anymore. They got rid of the moonlight offerings. Now you can just control the amount of fog. So lighting is fixed and if it gets darker a lot of players are going to have problems. Tons of people play this game on low resolution settings so if you make it darker then people aren't seeing much of anything.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I wouldn't mind visuals being more difficult as survivor. Current lighting makes it to easy to spot killers across the map.

• JoLo

@ReikoMori

I'm pretty sure mist & darkness can increase by 25% without people getting problems.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited May 2019

This game is only scary to new players. Back when I was a baby dweet I would f*#% up skill check and panic. Now I just suck at looping. :P

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

Maybe we can finally make maps spooky and dark again if we just nerf Claudette's dark outfits >:^)

• ghostkiller666
    ghostkiller666 Member Posts: 85

they could just add a old school match option... like... Kill your friends ... survi with ur friends.... play a match -> 1) Regular (what's now) ... 2) Hardcore matches (and in there transform in what you said)

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

I'd love it if mist affected survivors and killers differently. Have it so killers only see half as much mist as survivors, and actually give asymmetrical information. That's how most asym games handle it, and it'd be great to see DbD move along those lines a bit more.

• JoLo

@Panduh To be honest: A fair point.

@Huntar Killers should also see less! It would increase the effect of taking a hit for a mate f.e.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

Killer is the strength role in this game. They're supposed to have benefits, not weaknesses, over the group role. Making them see less would just make the imbalance we're seeing at the moment even worse.

• JoLo
    edited May 2019

@Huntar The imbalance you mention is an illusion. In fact, the base game (without perks, add-ons and stuff) is quite balanced. And there is camping & tunneling.

In my point of view killers are too strong at the moment because they can still abuse these mechanisms.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

If all survivors use the purple mist reagent you get nearly that amount of increased fog and it is a nightmare for both sides on certain maps. What your asking for is a sweeping increase by default that you can not be sure how it will affect other players. You've not considered hardware differences or the fact that we already have very little control over the visual fidelity of the game. It's all tuned by the devs to meet their aesthetic and gameplay needs.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

survivors always have and always will have the advantage

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

That would mean to stop issuing "fun, cool" cosmetics such as Pizza delivery for Ace Visconti character, "cool, stylish" haircuts/clothing for near etc.

Instead clothing more suitable for stealth/outdoor gear.

Also, repairing gens all the time is tedious and boring already, it's time for a new objective like hide and run from a killer. Like several killers spawn behind survivors, and everyone should get through a maze to a certain location in order to escape, and if some smartass decides to hide behind, then from behind there will be some kind of surge of wights/undead/hounds that would tear anyone alive to shreds.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

Killers are just too limited to pose a real threat, is the issue. SWF to voice chat, and you will never be in danger because you will always know where Killers other than Spirit or Nurse are.

Although I was never an advocate of the Terror Radius, since a big part of being scared is not knowing where it is or when it's coming, and a giant directional alarm and red spotlight almost make voice chatting superfluous.

Too late to go back on that design, obviously, but Killers having options that could let them actually surprise Survivors would definitely spice things up. At least, in the games where gens aren't all rushed within 2 minutes.