Last survivor during endgame collapse with closed hatch - really???

Been playing against a nurse and was last survivor.

It's nearly impossible to open gates with a 20 sec time period, given that she can use her perks (murmur), or just use her blinks to quickly find the last survivor, so good luck escaping.

Make it so that when a killer closes the hatch, and there's only 1 survivor, the gates can be opened within 10 sec.

Certain killers can easily counter that with skills against a lone survivor left - Hillbilly with rushing, Nurse with blinks, Doctor with treatment mode.

As well as perks: entity murmur, crows etc.

Comments

• kabarekabal
    kabarekabal Member Posts: 57

Or as it happened in my case, once she learnt that the gate was progressed a little bit, she just camped around, knowing I wouldn't have time to go for another gate and open it, as the endgame timer was running out.

• Carnage845
    Carnage845 Member Posts: 16

So now that the Killers FINALLY have the ability to hold the game hostage after 2+ years of survivors doing it by teabagging and what not at the exit gates, it is a problem? Lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Killer hasn't failed until you escape and by that point its the survivor's mistakes adding up.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm sorry but the hatch system before completely rewarded the survival for losing three of your teammates died before you could pop all the generators.

Now that you actually have to get to the hatch first or you have to actually work for your escape people are complaining.

Also I hate to be this person but wake up is a thing use it if it's such a problem to you

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The system is a lot better now instead of the survivor practically getting a free escape when they with all due respect lost the game.

They have a chance to win but they really have to work for it now hatch is no longer a freebie where The Killers is at a disadvantage

you bring up nurse and Billy the same what you could face against somebody using a standard killer that doesn't have that much map pressure while the gates are on opposite sides.

Now I've stated this on the post above but I'll stated again there is a perk called wake up it helps you open exit gates faster use it.

Hell I'm down for them buffing the perk but I still doubt survivors would abandon their meta builds for it.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

wake up is a trash perk. 17 secs is not different from 20

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2019

They shoud remove the timer when killer close the hatch,it is nearly impossible to open the gates alone even against other killers. They can see the red light of progress so even if you hide and go to the other gates you don't have enough time to open the other one

• Yuhg
    Yuhg Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2019

and you should be rewarded with an escape for not being able to complete your objective either? you didn't complete the gens, all of your teammates die, then fight for the hatch. In that case you're alone against the power role while you're the number role. What else do you want? you guys have been getting free escapes for just hiding and the killer could do nothing. if you find the hatch, you win, if not, you gotta fight for your last chance to escape. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't

• iammsjujutv
    iammsjujutv Member Posts: 2

Ok so im all for the end game collapse as a survivor main. Heres a few things.. I thought killer could no longer grab you from hatch? Ive seen it happen. Also inplayed a game with a bubba who basically kept the survivor around till the entity killed him. Survivor made it to hatch a few seconds before bubba. Survivor didnt jumped in fear of being grabbed . survivor standing on hatch and bubba closes it 🤔. Ok. Some of these maps gates are literally right across from each other. Going against a bill, nurse or legion gives the last survivor no chance. I hope you guys tweak this a bit so its balanced. Im all for a challenge but it seems very killer sided now.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

I don't get what is wrong with some of those Killer's?( I play both sides often btw) If my team is failing to do Gen's and I done 2 of them on my own and my mates are dump as fu#k and got killed,I search for the Hatch and Killer find it first,closed it and is looking after the gates AND the Hatch(sometimes the gates spawning near to each other) than for what I got punished? You have what you wanted,Hatch stand offs are decreased and you got a timer for those Survivor's that won't leave the game...

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

1vs1 situations are just bullshit now.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

Well, last time I checked, you shouldn't be able to 1v1 the power role. Since, you know, they are meant to be twice as strong.

• kabarekabal

And it was, killer through game process, such as chasing survivors and being able to roam freely, was likely to find hatch first, and then he'd camp nearby or if he has certain perks - could quickly find the remaining survivor. It wasn't easy before to escape through hatch with a pro killer. Now it's nearly impossible.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

cry more cuz you arr no longer guaranteed a free escape

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Jfc

you guys are aware than the killer had to chase and kill the second to last survivor right?

during that time, you can look for the hatch.

If you find it first, you're out. The killer can no longer grab you from the hatch.

Just adapt.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited May 2019

If I recall correctly, Survivors had the edge in the Hatch battle prior to the EGC update because a Survivor could heal up and get close to the camped Hatch knowing that if the Killer attacked them, they would just jump in during the hit cooldown animation (the only exception to this to my knowledge was Myers if he was running one of the add-ons that allowed him to kill a standing Survivor). Even if they didn't heal up, if they just got close enough to the Hatch, the Killer still couldn't down them without risking them crawling in. The worst-case scenario for that Survivor was usually a Hatch stand-off.

The only way the Killer really had a reliable shot at killing the last Survivor (assuming no slugging the third Survivor) was if they found the last Survivor while that Survivor hasn't found the Hatch yet and/or was really far away from the Hatch.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You want an infinite amount of chances to escape when you're in a high pressure situation that you only end up in because you or your team as a whole did not do well in meeting their win condition? Is that what you are asking for?

Or do you just prefer having the standoff back so we can all waste extra time?

Maps, Keys, Wake Up. Start using these things. Hatch isn't perma-closed you can reopen it once with a key and you're probably sitting on a lot of them so just start using them.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Wake Up is the new meta :D

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

So let me explain the end game mindgame. 20 seconds to open the door or go for the hatch? If you go for the hatch and its closed you have lost as the killer can patrol both gates.

So go for the gate farthest from the hatch and the minute he kicks it shut work on the door. Nurse and billy may reach the survivour but only if they have speed or range add ons and terrain dosent interfere with there approach.

Also the devs have increased the drop rate of keys in chests so a savy player can loot a potential key to open the hatch.

Your under pressure so the decision you make is important as its all eating into time making the right call you escape.

However if you make the bad call you will die. The hatch spawning irregardless of gens done is a massive buff and if you find the hatch first you can get out of a game where 5 gens need to still be done.

Eventually survivours will wrap there heads around the mechanics of winning the end game bit traditional hatch camping now has counterplay.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Imagine being a solo survivor (not SWF) who is playing a game for fun and is constantly plagued by DCing survivor babies, suiciding survivor babies and just all-around stupid play (not doing gens, hook rushing, farming, constant unproductive hiding etc...). Most of the time my only option is to hope for a hatch. I don't consider it a complete reward. It is probably the one thing that has kept me playing the game and by no means is guaranteed. The endgame scenario has greatly diminished my ability to survive at all when I am the last survivor, all gens have not been done and the hatch is closed...Which happens quite frequently.

I don't play SWF because i consider it an unfair advantage to be in contact with teammates during the match.

IMO...The endgame in it's current form is most impactful to solo players who don't have any intel from the other players such as hatch location. The unintended consequence of the endgame may be to push solo players to SWF groups. It is already hard enough for solo players (see dev stats on solo survival rate). We'll see what the next round of dev stats shows with the endgame now live.

• kabarekabal

@Aari_Piggy66

>"you have to actually work"

that's the thing, at games under rank 7, there's no opportunity to do "work" because killers know what they're doing, and with 20 sec default opening gate, it's nearly impossible to escape during endgame.

There should be better chance of escaping, the stats would probably be below 30% of successful escape <- that's unbalanced. Average killer already earns more bloodpoints per game than an average survivor.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Lower BP gain for survivors is due to the fact, that there are bad bp gain events for survivors... For survival category you get max 900 survival for struggling and 5k for escaping alone and some spare change for self healing... and that makes survival category terrible. While others could get some minor changes, overall they are decent... but this survival category is a joke right now.

• Linkman806
    Linkman806 Member Posts: 2

Here is my story that I recently had. I was against a Trapper. Last man he closes the hatch and places traps in front of door switch. Now tell how am I suppose to have a chance to escape if i undo his trap and open the door? He hears when I undo his trap. There was literally no way I could escape. Even if I hid he can just reset the trap. And I cant even the play the long game now since there is a time limit.

• TwistedSegaGamer
    TwistedSegaGamer Member Posts: 109

I actually got this part recorded in my live stream yesterday. A survivor attempted to go for the hatch after the third survivor died. I forced em to move then close the hatch. Afterwards I got them sacrificed.

Here's how I see it too many people look for a quick escape. A good number of them do little to nothing at all. I actually like I get a chance to prevent that. Also some matches survivors gets generators up fast.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

You're pretty much dead if you are the last one left unless you get blind lucky with finding the hatch first. Killer simply can cover more ground faster without fear of a killer finding them. Rush gens as fast as you can, because you need as many people alive as possible for endgame. That is the only answer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

How exactly did this go down? Did the Trapper close the Hatch and then somehow manage to trap both gates? Were you somehow unable to find the Hatch before the Trapper could trap both gates and close the Hatch? Did the Trapper somehow have the foresight to trap both gates well in advance?

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

The time required to open exit gate is 16s now, from 20s -> 16s after EGC update