Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is this reportable

Avarice
Avarice Member Posts: 65

I had a game against legion where he downed me, ran to the hatch and closed it, and then came back and just watched me bleed out while stabbing the air above me and nodding his head. When he realized I was going to bleed out he picked me up and waited for the entity to kill me off his shoulder. I literally couldn't do anything about it except DC, which I didn't, or wait for the entity to kill me and give him points for ruining my experience. Shouldn't this be considered gameplay abuse because he's essentially taking my game hostage while I'm on the ground unable to do anything. At the very least it should be considered unsportsmanlike conduct.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Teabagging used to happen almost every game if the killer lost most killers see this as fair revenge sadly stooping to the levels of survivors that teabagged at the end.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270

It is not reportable

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Nope not reportable

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

It is an unfun thing to do but I don't think there is a rule against that.

They should implement some sort of checkmate detection and end the game to avoid these kind of "game is obviously over but why am i forced to wait" situations. For both killers and survivors

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

Agreed if a survivor has no active perks to get up then the entity should just kill the survivor instead of having to wait the full egc time

• RWoodrow

4 minutes is still a vast improvement IMO.

I once had a game that lasted at least 2 hours. Both gates were open but a P3 Claudette refused to leave and was playing a pure stealth loadout for the purpose of making killers DC (They even sent me a message telling me to DC).

The only reason I became a killer main was I was tired of the killer always DCing on me so it's something I refuse to do unless it's due to a glitch of some sort.

I literally left my game on and went to work because, yes, I'm subborn about it. I don't know when the match actually ended but, at some point, I guess they got bored and left.

And this was during the era where console bans didn't exist so...yeah...

While I agree that forcing a survivor to bleed out is a waste of time for all parties, 4 minutes is still better than 2 hours of a P3 Claudette duck walking around the darkest map in the game and making it so someone only gets 1 match.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

I'd just AFK once I realize they're messing around and the timer starts, few minutes the game will be over.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@AvariceSlugging with the intent of wasting the Survivors time by trapping them in the game s a bannable offense, get some footage of it and log an advanced report and that's 1 less toxic Killer destroying the health, well being and future of the games player base.

• RWoodrow

@SlinkyJinky Slugging is not reportable.

I'm not defending it but reporting it is a waste of time.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

@RWoodrow Yeah you'd need a pretty damning example of 4k slugging all with footage and log it as an advanced report to even get a look in.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No, slugging just isn't reportable at all. It's not holding the game hostage.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Killer probably just wanted to see the new cool kill animation.

Nothing wrong with that.

Since he downed you, you already were dead meat.

I Imagine the devs could add a option to speed up the timer, IF this would become a problem in the future.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Well thats been toxic killer that mostly hates you xd something you did to him

• wait4him2leave
    wait4him2leave Member Posts: 118

Does the killer get points when closing the hatch or opening an exit door?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

just enjoy the cool animation?

its that easy...

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

I can confirm points for closing the hatch....never paid attention to opening the door.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited May 2019

If I get slugged, I usually get a drink, or take a piss. Dont be so clued to your monitors, people.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Oh nooo all the years where survivors just didn't wanted to leave and tbagged in front of the gates, wasting over 10 min before taking the hatch are now over!

You had to endure max 4 min until to move over.

Poor survivor main never experienced the pain of a killer who's game was taken hostage.

The devs finally put an end to it and now you start to complain?

Let them have their 4 min of celebration after a deserved victory!

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Reporting them wont do nothin accept waste your time again

• BoredByDaylight
    BoredByDaylight Member Posts: 113

So based on this logic looping should be reportable? Especially if you're not using any counter perks or killers. I've had so many games as a Rank 1 - 5 killer of getting looped over and over. Survivors just hide behind objects and vault over windows religiously, moving to the next loop area again and again. It's not fun or fair and is not how the game was intended to be played. Have never witnessed it in any horror movie i've seen, have you?

• Roboducc
    Roboducc Member Posts: 16

They should just reduce the time of endgame. 4 minutes is a bit too much for both sides imo.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

If you don't want to disconect just stay on the floor squirming like the pathetic worm that you are. It will all be over soon...

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited May 2019

That's because this is a video game, and both sides need a way to win.

Too many people see this as a "Killer" simulator when in actuality it's a "Killer & Survivor" simulator. Both sides need things to make it plausible to meet their end goal, whether it be murdering survivors or escaping killers.

"Looping" has a foreseeable end, go watch any killer main on Twitch or Youtube and see how they break loops etc, it isn't an infinite cycle at all.

Stop being bad at the game and coming here to complain about looping.

Post edited by Seanzu on