Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Best headphones for hearing each ear separately

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

my Current headphones are cheap, don’t reslly give a good idea if sound is coming from right or left

Comments

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Maybe.... don't be so cheap?

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

^^

Also, I use standard gaming headphones or my regular earbuds by AKG and I hear just fine.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited May 2019

@RoKrueger

Not everyone has the money to buy $100 headsets.

@johnmwarner

I play on console and I use Turtle Beaches. They cost around $30 dollars and they are really effective! :)

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

I use HyperX Cloud, work just fine for me.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    edited May 2019

I have a pair of SteelSeries Arctis 5s that work really well. Love them!

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Stop doing headphones and get a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system. They are loads better for positional awareness than any headphone.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I got a pair of 7.1 headset with noise cancellation. Works amazing. Arctis 3s, if I recall what they're called.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

JVC brand

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I never said I wanna wanted another cheap set did I? Just wonder what a good brand is to buy when I go get a higher price set.

thanks one everyone that wasn’t a dbag replying.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2019

I use the hyperX cloud II, a well made headset and really light and comfy.

I don't use the virtual surround option when playing dbd as I find that it helps to lower all the ambient sounds making it easier to hear what I need too.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Logitech g933 wireless gaming headset is amazing. would recommend

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

My headphones (or my ears) are unable to hear survivors breathing/urban evading without Stridor. Can anybody recommend any non-USB headphones that would improve this?

Streamers seem to hear impossible sounds, "Oh I hear a Claudette to my right, she sounds about 7 metres away, crouching and unless my ears deceive me, she's wearing a green top and brown trousers."

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited May 2019

Turtle Beach Stealth 700’s, if you’re looking for amazing quality... I’m able to hear breathing/crying survivors and the direction they’re in, also I’m able to pick up the small sounds around the environment.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I use Grado SR125 at home. These have flat frequency response (i.e. they are not bass-boosted), but do not block any outside sound. Great imaging, but if there's much noise (there seldom is where I am), then you're not going to hear them as well.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

Depends on how much you're willing to spend. I switch off between an old pair of Denons and the Sennheiser HD 202 II that I bought on Amazon. It's currently $50 and it's better than a couple other budget headphones I've had in the $20-$40 range. I like it for music because it has bass but it works well for DBD. Not quite as clear as my Denon but you can't get those anymore and I can distinguish left and right in-game sounds just fine with them. I also read that the 201s are probably better if you don't want all the bass, and they're only $40.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I use the official PS4 ones. £50. Good.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

I have a crappy 24$ HP headset at home and I can still hear minute details like breathing incredibly well.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

@Peanits

I like those, but the 599 are open backed and I feel would be more comfortable if you play for a long period of time.

Speaking of which, for DBD (killer side) would you guys say Open Backed is better for directional audio? The ones I have are Closed and with the chase music it's really hard to hear survivors at all even if they are close.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

They would be basically the same. Basically the closed back just means that they seal around your head fully, meaning that less outside audio gets in (and less of your audio spills out into the rest of the room). Closed can be helpful if there's a lot of other noise in the room. Closed backed headphones might also get a little warmer after a long time since there's not as much airflow. But ultimately open vs. closed isn't going to change what you hear.