MoM killed the game for me

Options
HavelmomDaS1
HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

MoM forces me to play nurse and Billy 99% of the time. Press MoM I played every killer in rotation.

As survivor I pretty much get Nurse after Nurse after Nurse after Billy etc.

MoM killed the killer variety and made it extremely boring to play DbD atm.

That perk is directly and indirectly a fun killer. Thanks bhvr.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

What do you expect from players to play? A Legion?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

damn that sucks lol I've been loving it

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    Options

Hit them twice without letting them escape to mend, hook them, make sure they don't get rescued. BAM! you just countered MoM

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

"Finally gets the boot"

Don't you think that's a bit melodramatic? MoM has been out for a little over a month. This whole thread is too much, really. Nobody is forcing you to play any Killer.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

There's actually a way to get around the Endgame Collapse problem, but it's not a sure thing.

If you go Plunderer build there's a good chance you'll get a Skeleton or Dull Key. It's priceless trailing the Killer as he goes around looking for the hatch for you. He shuts the hatch then you just come over and jump in.

Sacrifice of 2 perk slots though, it's not a sure thing, and you get screwed if your other teammates are fast at opening chests.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Sairek talking about Legion? Y know a killer that got released 4,5 months ago?

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

This. They should try to kind of buff the rest of killers, perhaps giving a bit more speed to the less powerful ones would do it.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
    Options

The reason MoM sucks is, yes it does synergize argueably too well with those perks. But its another Second chance perk amongst second chance perks, and one that has very limiting counter to it. Survivors have plenty of second chance perks already, this perk just limits killers playstyle if they want to play optimaly (2-3 kills or more)

MoM on its own is not a big deal. Problems come along when, with the perks you listed. And the addition of pallet/window looping, Killers are limited to a select few choices outside of Billy/Nurse if they want to choose to play optimally, which of course most killers would, because most killers would want to go with the meta perks/killers/builds.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Just read the tittle and thats it i wont read this 231 time post if MoM was powerfull then the percent of perk most used was self care but no MoM so if you think that its powerful then youre just bad killer you said that players force to play nurse and billy youre wrong the were alot of billy and nurses when MoM was not introduced so dont lie you think that mom its unfun wow you didint play no survivor the most unfun games is to see the SAME killers over and over again thats boring

• Milo
    Options

@Sairek "They reworked a killer's entire identity because they were anti fun to go up against and lacking in counterplay (for good reason), yet they release a perk that has the exact same problems; anti fun to go up against it and lacking in counterplay, yet this perk they don't change because they "need more feedback"."

This.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
    Options

How WOULD you nerf MoM? Only way i see it being balanced is if its activated in 1/2 hits so its used much earlier in the game (1-3 gens early). But that is just me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Why does your mom make you play those killers?

• Milo
    Options

@Sairek my point was that we need to simply wait.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I don't think speed would necessarily do it tbh...maybe for some?

Honestly, something needs to be done about nurse while also making the other killers more viable - perhaps the more commonly used addons could become less rare, for example...that would instantly help a ton as killers, for the most part, need add-ons to be viable.

Billy is probably what we all agree to be the standard of balance for killer - don't get me wrong, his power can be dumb at times with certain add-ons, but overall, he's strong as hell. Then again, a lot of players that haven't much tracking skill are boosted by the BBQ and billy meta that has existed as long as I've played this game.

I also think Myers is up there for the simple fact that the community renowns that killer as one of the most fun killers to play as and against; who doesn't love having the s**t scared out of them when they suddenly realise there's a Michael just peeking around that corner, or when they hear his breathing and think 'f**k f***k where is he,' etc? And the joy of realising that you're the one causing the scrambling is just glorious...plus his power in chases can be super powerful if the killer knows how to use it - it's just not as obvious as a chainsaw when it should be used.

Spirit is in an excellent place too, now that I think about it. But that's only a few killers...

I already had my idea for legion that I posted elsewhere on the forum; a couple of possible minor changes, of which only one would be necessary to make them a solid killer with plenty of counterplay still rather than one that can waste 10 seconds looping someone with their power and getting no closer because of their dreaded lack of speed...

Other killers, idk. I actually think hag is really good too, although I have little experience outside of playing with randoms on survivor side, and don't get enough games in with her simply due to the damn queue times for killer (why wait 10 minutes for a game that could be bad when I could near enough insta-queue as survivor with similar chances of good/bad games?)

And at least we're getting a freddy rework in the next few patches... :D

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

I agree with @Sairek on this one.

Legion was something like, if I want you to go down, you are going to go down no matter what, I don't care about my or your skill in chases.

MoM is something like, If I don't want to go down, you are not going to down me no matter what, I don't care about my or your skill in chases.

They are essentially the same thing in my eyes. They completely negate the opposite side's skill and should not be in the game.

We got rid of the old legion now it is time for the MoM

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I honestly can't believe people are complaining about this perk so much. I haven't had it matter much at all. Had two people escape because of it once and that's it

• Delfador
    Options

@ClogWench I don't think it is because of its power. I mean, the legion was not the greatest killer in DbD was he?

However, people hated him more than they hated billy or nurse. It is not entirely because of its power, it is the design philosophy and mentality behind it.

• MasterUff
    MasterUff Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2019
    Options

How about after the third hit and not get a hit again in the next minute, it will activate? That would be balanced it. Because to survive a hit for 1 minute is somehow skillfull? But maybe the time is to long. And you could balance mom probably in a much better way. But that was something I just got in my mind reading this topic.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Ebony Memento Mori.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

It's not really 50-50. The survivor has the slight advantage since the killer has to sacrifice the other surivivor before he can move to close the hatch, that gives the last survivor a head start. Just have to make sure the third survivor is going to be sacrificed as soon as he is hanged.

• ClogWench
    Options

We've had no skill perks in the game forever though. People just need to get over it honestly, but so many people act like MoM is the epitome of broken and overpowered perks, and as if one single hit is the difference between total defeat or a 4k.

• Delfador
    Options

@ClogWench Oh I can accept this answer. Indeed we have had no skill things in this game forever and I guess something like this doesn't affect it that much.

Lets change the legion back to its origins then, no skill moonwalk or vaults, missed attack spams won't change everything, and they will be another addition to this pile of garbage no skill things.

No big deal I guess.

• ClogWench
    Options

The difference between the two is one had way too many unintended exploits. While I'm content with new Legion, I'm open to changes for them too. But original Legion was far worse than MoM. Ones an entire killer who can do all that endlessly. The other is a single use perk.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

You do know that the devs chose the first week that MoM release in order to "show" us the stats right?

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

I had two in one game yesterday. It's easier with the Nurse, and I play no other killer on PC. Oh, and with the the amount of Meta perks, MoM and insta-heals, I've been having a lot of fun running 3-4 blinks.

• Milo
    Options

@Sairek And we waited 4,5 month for a Legion update.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

I hate how it hurts the weaker killers, when the name already says 'weak'. Theyre already weak

• HavelmomDaS1
    Options

It was an issue yes, but now it's extreme. I was versing Wraiths in red ranks, especially between DS rework and MoM release. I haven't versed a single wraith so far nor do I want to play wraith

• HavelmomDaS1
    Options

If I want to be a serious killer who stands a chance against that bs I'm forced to. I don't like losing. But I especially don't like losing cuz of unbalanced bs and survivors getting cocky cuz of that.