"The Endgame Collapse - hatch gets closed scenario"

Hatuu
Hatuu Member Posts: 29
edited May 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello Folks, dear Mr. Trapper and those other fancy killers,

I've played a few games now where the endgame scenario happened. It's pretty damn awesome and you did a great job on this so far! Theres only one exception...

"If the hatch gets closed, and the exit gates are like almost next to each other, you have never had a chance for escaping if the hatch got closed."

Would'nt it be fair if the killer closes the hatch, he gets an animation like, when survivors do the last gen. Just a short glimpse of where the exit gates are? Don't you think it's pretty OP if you get in that kind of situation? I mean you can play like perfectly and then in the end you'll die cause of a casualty?

Pls make the Killers don't see the exit gates permanently if they closed the hatch!

Would be fair for all of us :)

Cheers and see you in the fog

Comments

• Supertramp
    Supertramp Member Posts: 42

I think a better solution that would make the endgame more fun would be that once the EGC starts, a key would randomly spawn somewhere on the map in some select locations. This key can then be used to open the hatch (maybe not instantly, but force you to unlock it for a few seconds) alternatively the key could also have an effect that increases the speed at which you open exit gates. This would make it so it doesn't feel completely hopeless for the last survivor once the EGC starts. This change would also make the EGC feel more dynamic and tense. Escaping would feel more rewarding, for the effort rather than RNG hatch spawn. I also wish the devs would look at the exit gate spawns and make it so they can't spawn within viewing distance of each other. On certain maps like Torment Creek, Azarov's Resting Place, among others, the gates sometimes spawn right next to each other making it literally impossible for the last survivor to open the gates in the EGC.

I honestly wouldn't even mind it if they changed the hatch to not automatically open once the EGC starts but instead make it so the survivor has to find a key to open it. As the EGC works now, for survivors, unless you find the hatch before the killer (which rarely happens) the killer will basically always win. It's no different from how it was before. It doesn't feel exciting. It's almost exactly the same as before, whoever finds the hatch first wins, only difference now is that you can no longer have a hatch standoff.

• Yuhg
    Yuhg Member Posts: 50

@supertrampHotel let me quote you in this: " It's almost exactly the same as before, whoever finds the hatch first wins, only difference now is that you can no longer have a hatch standoff."

Before, whoever found the hatch first didn't matter because survivor would mostly jump on it in the attack CD of the killer. You could find the hatch and the survivor could be hiding anywhere, if you're fully healed (wich normally you are) you can escape through the hatch with no issues, now is 100% to who finds the hatch first, and it should be like this, being given that the other person is in a 1v1 situation being a number role vs a power role. The power role will always have the advantage there.

• Supertramp
    Supertramp Member Posts: 42

@Yuhg Well I guess that's where our opinions differ. I think the EGC could be made to be even more interesting and tense then it is. I personally think that finding the hatch and jumping in it/closing it is totally uninteresting and is completely based on RNG. Having more options to escape requiring you to find a key, as I mentioned above, would be much more interesting. It would put some pressure on the killer to find the survivor quick, and pressure on the survivor to find the key and get to an exit location and open it without being found before the 2 minute timer runs out.

This way the survivor wouldn't be completely screwed like they are currently in the EGC if the hatch gets closed. And the killer would still stand a fair chance to find the survivor before the survivor can get the objective done in time.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Supertramp

As a survivor you have practically already lost the game.

It is meant to be a last ditch effort to escape and yes it is supposed to be extremely difficult this is an asymmetric game when playing with the role of the numerous once you've lost your numbers your at major disadvantage.

• TripleTailSlap
    TripleTailSlap Member Posts: 27

Curse me for saying this..

What if the entity spawns a special chest in the killers lair when the end game collapses in a one surivor left hatch closes scenario.

The chest is simple... it contains a key :D but if the key is taken the killer is immediately notified via a sound notification.

This would give the survivors a third route, and force the killers to be conscious of the key option instead of just standing inbetween the two gates waiting for an easy kill.