New Perk Acquisition System Idea [less RNG]!

Proxi
Proxi Member Posts: 62
edited May 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey guys,

I was thinking about the perk system that is currently in place and how random it can get. Sometimes you have to go far beyond level 50 with a character to get the perks you want if you have all teachables unlocked and even further to max all perks. It is a serious grind and I've also heared the devs talk about it and that they wanna improve it.

So here is my suggestion to balance and improve this system:

1. It's fairly simple, the bloodweb mechanic will stay how it is, so except from the early levels you get 2 perks per web and you will be able to unlock one of them. An unlocked perk will not be usable, but will appear in your "perk storage/page"
  2. You gain 1 skill point/token per level up for your specific character, which then you can spend for upgrading any unlocked perk by 1 tier.

Example:

I level up my Nea by 3 levels, I can unlock 3 perks (choice out of 6 -> 2 each level) and get 3 skillpoints. Maybe I got lucky and unlocked "Selfcare", a perk I wanted for my loadout. I can go into my perk page now where Selfcare appeared and put the 3 skillpoints into it to immediately max it out if I wanted (once you put the first skillpoint into a perk it becomes usable).

I think this change is a good way to reduce the rng a bit (not fully) and make it less frustrating to "dig" for one specific perk. It will also help with the always growing perk pool and will probably not require too much effort for the coding team.

Thanks for reading and giving it a chance.

Post edited by Proxi on

Comments