Please don't change MoM

2»

Comments

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

MoM needs to go. It's a BS perk with 0 counters.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

MoM isn't terrible on its own, but when I'm chasing a survivor as killer and they borrowed time, MoM, Adrenaline, and Decisive strike it becomes an issue. MoM is fine on its own IMO but it combos with other perks too easily and strongly

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited May 2019

It's mostly how it interacts with other mechanics and perks that allow for silly situations, like instaheals or 99% healing bar.

I learned the other day that getting hit actually DOESN'T reset your healing progress if you tank the hit with MoM. So you can 99% your heal, dead hard while still injured, tank a hit and immediately finish the heal in a split second. And then you might have an instaheal for the next time you get hit (even though a smart killer would probably leave you after you heal up as they can just find you later with the aura reading until you've been downed)

Eh, I feel it would sort of make sense if the perk made you Broken for a minute or something after using it just to prevent stacking it with 99% heals or instaheals (unless the instaheal is used prior to tanking a hit with MoM anyway). Just make something up about being so damn determined to live that you keep going despite being nearly fatally wounded and as a result you can't just heal yourself. And make getting hit with MoM active reset the healing bar as well as you still got HIT, so surely there's some new wounds to heal.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited May 2019

@Incurable_BOFA

Umm.

---

Decisive Strike

After being unhooked or unhooking yourselfDecisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

---

Ok, so, DS only activates after being hooked and you said:

"But what about the part where they get downed and hooked? You're already a hook down in most cases before the perks[MoM] even activated.

This is why i also don't understand how people can call it DS 2.0"

???

Are you not stating that MoM usually only activates AFTER you get downed and hooked, like DS? So... doesn't it make sense some people would consider them similar?

I feel like I'm missing something.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I would be perfectly fine with this perk if it actually required you to do something most significant to activate it. For example Deliverance

Or if it came more when you were add a losing position not as a complete bailout but an extra push. Fire up would be a great example of this.

Hell I would even be ok if it had more "counterplay" other than play a specific killer or camp the person and be scummy both of which are not counter plays

At the current stage this perk doesn't require you to do anything of note to activate it sorry to say this but getting hit 3 times is not something of note.

Then it doesn't have counter play for the majority of The Killers and the only thing that could be called you "universal counterplay" is a very scummy tactic.

Also just like decisive strike before it it's seriously punishes the killer for doing their jobs and the bonus it gives to survivors is very big. ( for example take something like fire up again you gain a bonus for generators being popped but the bonus is not massive or detrimental to the opposite team)

Honestly I would be fine with this if it requires you to actually do more to activate it.

• TripleTailSlap
    TripleTailSlap Member Posts: 27

If there was a small indicator for killers to know who was about to be protected by Mettle of Man, would that be so bad? I honestly just want an opinion ^w^ It could be small like the fairy dust from one of the past events. I think a small indicator letting Killers know that some of there time is going to be wasted without changing anything else would be just dandy.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

That might confuse people, but Decisive Strike actually was changed in the same update MoM came out to that state. Before, it was any time you were picked up, you got a skill check. Trying the check, success or failure, deactivated the perk for the rest of the game and ignoring it let you try again next time you were picked up

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I know. And I assumed anyone talking about DS and MoM knew that.

MoM didn't come out before the DS changes is part of my point. He stated that MoM only usually activates after you've already been hooked, just like current DS which activates after being unhooked. Thus it makes sense people would compare them and call MoM DS 2.0 since they are both second chance perks, and he just made the case for it stronger.

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

theres already a perk that punishes survivors for doing their objective, its called No One Escapes Death.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited May 2019

"You have to work for Mettle of Man"

This Perk literally activates after you screw up repeatedly. There's no "work" about taking hits. When you get hit, that means you were put into a position where the Killer was able to hit you. You were outsmarted and outplayed. You failed.

This Perk is not activated by work. This Perk is activated by repeated failure, and in return, it erases your next failure. It is the embodiment of "crutch Perk".

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Noed can be countered before it activates. It can be countered after it activates. It is only active when the game is coming to a close. Survivor have already won.

MoM can't be countered before it activates. MoM can't be countered when it activates. Can become active throughout the game causing loss of pressure. Can be a game losing perk for killer.

Yeah. Seems fair.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

You didn't work for it. You took hits. Which is a consequence of playing survivor. It passively sits there until you were slapped around enough.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

There are 2 survivors objectives.

Totems and gens.

So survivor get punished, because they dont destroy totems.

And killers have only NOED, because survivors have Adrenaline

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

The original post is the best joke ever.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

If you do this you get downed in the first 2 hits, hooked, face camped and sacraficed.

You need to get hit then once you've escaped you've earned your first pip. Do that 3x and you get 1 extra hit point.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

If the killer camped they will lose the game for sure