Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ridiculous grind

Soo... there are 65 survivor perks and 57 killer perks at this moment. For survivor, if you wanna get all the perks on one survivor it will take you 65 x 3 = 195 total bloodwebs. For killer its a bit less, 57 x 3 = 171. But, when a character reaches lvl 50, buying a full bloodweb will cost you more that 50k points. This is what makes the grind unbearable. You guys need to rework the bloodweb, my proposed idea is that instead of one perk per bloodweb, we can get 2 or even 3 (rarely). Right now, its way too grindy and i don't think i'm the only one complaining about this.

Comments

• AsmodeusJones
    AsmodeusJones Member Posts: 13

Oy don't say that... you want to play game as much as possible, yes? Keep play, and you get many bloodpoints...

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

The games built around the grind, that's like asking Fortnite to stop making 10 million Emotes and Skins. Its not going to change...

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited May 2019

I dont see the issue with 200-400 5-15 minute matches to max out a characters perks tbh....

If its not a long road you won't feel like you've been on a journey.

Especially considering progression is the only thing that matters in DbD considering the ranks are pointless.

The grind is everything the adrenaline rush from getting good ######### after a long time is addicting.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

I mean i'd be okay with it if so many perks weren't next to useless on so many killers and survivors.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

the perk grind is strangling my interest in this game at least on killer side, on survivor side the perk grind does not bother me because i only need to do it on one character since all the survivors play the exact same way with the only difference being what perks they have equipped

for killers i have to do it 15 times...

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

I'm Devotion 2, 50ish levels into it and I'm STILL leveling killers. I've pretty much drained all my decent addons at this point. Acquiring perks really needs to change, I'd like to go back and go through my bloodweb for addons instead of having to play a streamers amount of time just to finally stop worrying about grinding for perks.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I honestly think they can afford to change the system a bit with new content coming out every 3 months.

Firstly because new content coming out all the time makes people want to play the game, period.

Secondly because there are new characters and perks coming out consistently. For each patch, the game becomes a little harder for new players, and it can get to a point where it's discouraging.

I think it's actually good business for them to reduce the grind a little bit atm.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

BBQ and chili 3 is what you need; never start grinding without it!

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I am okay with the grind itself. However what I would love to do, is being able to kind of "unteach" teachable perks. In my early days of Dbd, I just blindly grabbed all garbage teachables of Trapper, Wraith, Huntress, etc, because I didnt knew it any better. However now I am stuck with those useless perks in every new bloodweb.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Well what are you asking for, a handout of perks? Why don’t you just suggest an idea to lessen the grinding instead.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited May 2019

I feel like you should be rewarded like 50k bloodpoints once you prestige a Survivor or Killer. It’ll give you a few level ups once you go back to lv1.

This discussion has been closed.