Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Best perks to counter certain killers

What perks work very well when going up against certain killers? I saw in another thread that Iron Will is good against Spirit, I had never thought of that. I've also seen that Dead Hard is pretty good against Nurse (if you can get it to work and there's no lag lol). Then there's obvious ones like Small Game against Trapper and Hag.

Any other perks you've found that work well when facing certain killers?

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2019

You can see him anyway, but Spine Chill against a Wraith destroys any kind of stealth approach he tries to make, unless you happen to hide exactly where he comes from/passes by.

I personally never worry about this Perk cause everyone runs the boring meta.

Sprint Burst is also very good against his uncloak movement speed, but be sure to run earlier than usual, cause he can actually catch up and lunge-hit if he doesn't run "Windstorm" Add-ons.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

What you want is a perk that works well nromally, and then really shines vs. certain killers.

No one is going to run small game, it doesn't pay off.

Iron will is a solid pick at all time,s and helps vs spirit and nurse.

Calm heart is good vs clown, doctor, and anyone running spies.

Empathy works against Legion and Plague because people like to stay injured in those games to avoid being stuck in a healing circle.

Technician against Pig (she is going to sneak up to where she can normally hear the repairs, if she doesn't hear them, she will likely move to the next generator to save time)

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Urban Evasion is really good against Hag. Dead Hard is also good against Trapper. Object of Obsession is kinda good against Wraith. Self Care is good against Freddy.

• drekin7979
    drekin7979 Member Posts: 94

Well a flashlight royally buggers up the Hag's trap buffet.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Trapper - Small game

Wraith - Spine chill, premonition, sprint burst

Billy - Nothing special

Nurse - Urban evasion + Iron will (for not getting into the chase in the first place), dead hard, poised helped me a lot too honestly

Huntress - Dead hard

Hag - Urban evasion + flashlight (though it is not a perk)

Myers - Nothing special like billy

Doctor - Calm spirit

Leatherface - Nothing in particular but I would say Decisive strike since you are gonna get camped and tunneled all the time lol

Pig - The same with wraith

Freddy - Self care

Clown - Nothing special imo

Spirit - Definitely Iron will, after that I would say urban evasion for juking her since she loses her sight on you

Legion - No idea

Plague - No idea

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Calm Spirit completely forks over Doc, because most of them have absolutely no tracking skills whatsoever. The only way they can find you with their power is if they use Restraint add-ons which show your aura when you tier up, and even then it only works 3 times. They can't use it to track you in Madness 3 since you don't scream.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

For Spirit, combine Iron will with Spine Chill and she's ez to juke.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'm assuming Spine Chill works even when she's phasing?

Also thanks everyone for the recommendations. Lots of good ones.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Dead Hard is good on Nurse, but once she knows you have it its hard to use it again.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Urban Evasion is my favorite perk to run. It’s great against most killers.

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

Calm spirit/Urban evasion/SpineChill/IronWill is perfect for stealth builds least for me.

Against Legion, running resilence/Thiscan'tbehappening tends to work out pretty well. Maybe stake out too.

Doctor - Calm/StakeOut/Iron/Spinechill or BT is what i run most times i am against them

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154

Sole Survivor crushes Doctor and Freddy. It's also a good counter for BBQ and Nurse's.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Spine-chill and premonition for stealth Killers

(Myers Wraith Amanda)

For Legion.

All of the injured perks work great. resilience, this isn't happening, iron will and so on.

Lithe is really helpful as they now vault pallets and windows slower so you could get a lot of distance on them whilst they're doing it.

Doctor

Calm spirit hands down

Technician is moderately ok if you have trouble hitting Madness skill checks

Hag

urban evasion

Small games can help but only find her traps but help you because she's totem based

Nurse

Any stealth base perk

Iron will, quick and quiet, dance with me, lightweight basically anything that makes you harder to track

Dead hard does a really good against her as unlike any other killer she can't beat it out effectively.

Ambush killers

These are typically Killers who go for sneak attacks sprint burst is usually your best friend.

Mainly wraith and Amanda as they could attack the very quickly from stealth.

Freddy

Spine chill you know when he's coming for you and the increased chance of skill checks helps you when waking up.

Clown

Doesn't necessarily really have a counter based perk

Nea

Bonds you gotta know when she's coming

And if you want to be a real scumbag any M1 killer is susceptible to MoM

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

As a hag main, the one perk that frustrates me the most is map knowledge.

I'm not sure what survivor gives it, but survivors really cheese me off when they use it.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Honestly just equip spinechill. It works wonders for most of the top tiers besides hag.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Spine chill is stupid good, its great against every stealth killer. Its amazing against spirit and completely shuts down prayer beads in additions to telling you where shes looking while phased. Against nurse you can wait at the corner and be 100% sure on whether or not to double back or run for the juke mind game.

Perk is basically amazing against everything but doctor and legion, but it takes some practice to figure out how to use it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

My Stridor Spirit that looks at the ground because I track with my $300 headset like a bat would like a word with you ;)