ENDGAME COLLAPSE (2k hr player)

emilys101
emilys101 Member Posts: 24

Hi there. I played the Endgame collapse during the PTB and gave my feedback. I must do it again as nothing has changed. The new endgame is the most unfun I have ever had in DBD. The most recent killers I can tolerate even though they are poorly made and not fun to face or to play. And I don't have to face them every match, thus more tolerable. But endgame is every game. It is 100% killer sided. And it promotes panic instead of altruism when there isn't much time. People will just leave you if you're being chased.

Blood warden. Blood warden was not nerfed and there's literally nothing we can do once someone has been hooked. 60 minutes is half the timer and makes no gameplay for helping people escape. Nerf the ######### out of remember me but completely forget about blood warden? I know it slows it down when someone is hooked or downed but not by much.

Faced a killer where everyone escaped (I went back to save two people on hook) and he chased and bloodlusted me til the timer ran out. Did not even try to kill me because he knew I couldn't make it to the exit gates. He just stood and waited and watched me die. There's no gameplay or mind games to be had. Just oh I'm helpless now because of a timer.

NOED. It is another buff to NOED when it's already a strong perk. Nurse killed 3 people at 5 gens. Found hatch first (because she's a nurse). Stood and bodyblocked the hatch and closed it and hit me with NOED because the exit gates powered after she closed it. How is this fair???

And if you get caught as the last person, they can just slug you and close hatch and you can't get up to get to the exit gates. Just run unbreakable? The majority of killers slug you anyway and about 90% of the time I've already used my unbreakable. So you can just sit there on the ground and wait for the entity to "collapse" on you.

It is a guaranteed kill in the endgame if you have any endgame perks, or even if you are brainless. Also chase is difficult when a survivor as you can't see the red light very well with the lava ground. And as killer, it's hard to see scratch marks.

I also found some clips of other unfair opportunities, but as for the Endgame Collapse, it is completely killer sided and has made killer easier and easier, which I didn't think was possible. I miss the old days when there was an actual challenge. I appreciate BHVR trying to think of new ways to make the game interesting, but they aren't seeing all opportunities and all perspectives especially with strong killers like Nurse. It is very frustrating and needs adjustments if it is to be even remotely fair for survivors.

In my opinion, the timer should not go down if you are the last survivor being chased. Or something. Timer shouldn’t go down if you’re being chased. Can just bloodlust at a pallet til the timer claims me, and there’s literally nothing you can do. Or change the timer depending how many generators have been done, or how many survivors are left.

I’m voiceless and helpless and now it reflects in the game, no matter how strong of a survivor you are.

Comments

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

"Blood warden. Blood warden was not nerfed and there's literally nothing we can do once someone has been hooked. 60 minutes is half the timer and makes no gameplay for helping people escape. Nerf the [BAD WORD] out of remember me but completely forget about blood warden? I know it slows it down when someone is hooked or downed but not by much."

No. Stop.

You're wrong.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Dude you're complaining but in situation with that nurse example you gave you would have been stuck doing two gens alone with the old system .

It seems like if the chance to escape isn't super easy survivors complain

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The only time blood warden would be effective in completely stopping your chances of escaping would be if the Killer literally hooked the survivor with 30 seconds on the clock or something.

Does slowdown of the timer itself is already enough to eat into the blood warden.

And let's be honest if you was still in the game with only 30 seconds left on the clock you were messing about too much and you kind of deserve that death.

Hell the second the timer gets to half I'm already making my way out of there regardless of who's still left in that match

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

I don't mind the EGC from either side. If the killer finds the hatch, the sole survivor is basically dead(if the don't have a key). To counter this, the exits gates would have to spawn across the map from each other to give the survivor an actual chance to open one.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

You say 99% but I'm not sure you have the pie chart to back up that claim.

If the hatch spawns, everyone can see it before it opens.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I don’t care too much about EGC but it’s was very killer sided.

• emblema
    emblema Member Posts: 10

Yeap! now this game is totally unbalance they should call it the KILLER or Dead By Killer!not Dead By Daylight!because is all about for the killers! after nerfing bower over time decisive strike and twerking killers at the time was very hard ! now is completely unplayable for survivors they have no chance! killers having the option on closing the latch should be an add-on o a perk ! exit timer also....or give that power to a new killer!, not only with need to deal with hacker killer in game now this?! everyone was waiting for developers on new servers to make it hard on hackers but not! killer hackers are still hosting so its still easy to inject the hack! there servers are only a lobby Server !Not a good job Dev's!!

• LilBit
    LilBit Member Posts: 60

I have to vent. I have playing survivor tonight for a good twently matches or more.

Ever since end game was released there seems to be this new trend with killers on ps4. Slugging everyone and just leaving people on the ground then just following them as they crawl around until the entity takes them.

There were several matches where i was last survivor, killer closes hatch and i had no way out because all he had to do was camp the gates. There was no time to open the gates for me. Killer would slug me and leave me on the ground for the entity to take with the killer standing over me nodding his head or trying to continually hit me or just walking on top of me.

There honestly isn't a way for a lone survivor to counter this. Well unless you have a key to open the hatch and lets face it that's pretty rare odds. I do suggest a shorter gate opening timer. Something has to be done to make this balanced.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Not defening the killer just pointing out toxicity works on both sides he was a toxic pleb to down and leave for etc kill but hey thats toxicity

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

As a ps4 killer main I do see some of these problems honestly it should be programmed that exit gates spawn opposite of one another without direct line of sight (I.e. on opposite sides of the main building on the map and ensure they are a good distance from another) so a killer can't quickly move between them problem solved but as for slugging there is nothing against it yes it Is toxic in that situation but there is not much that can be done about it

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Lol 99.99999% of the time I have no clue where the hatch is by the end game (I second main wraith) in the end I get my 4k without needing to close such an arbitrary exit that if I could remind everyone here now spawns and opens regardless of gen completion everyone is complaining how end game is killer sided without looking at such a crucial point, lump that is with all the survivor perks and tools that are built just to locate such a thing and given killers have no help in finding it who really has the upper hand on the hatch?

• Nukeroot
    Nukeroot Member Posts: 7

I agree with the original post. I find the ENC not enjoyable for the many reasons posted in the forums. I am not try to invalidate why people might like it. I am done with this game, which really saddens me. I loved playing this game. Good luck to everyone!

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

hey emilys101, just letting you know, even though you have played for a long time, that doesnt give you more arguing power, and even with your very survivor biased and psychopathic short essay on why you hate the latest patch, the end game callapse actually helped survivors in many ways, for example, hatch standoffs dont exist anymore, unless you are braindead and run in front of the killer while they stand neer hatch, also, the hatch will ALWAYS spawn for the last survivor which is VERY useful, and if the killer closes the hatch, just go to an exit gate, and when the killer comes, deal with it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

"The EGC is killer sided"

• Survivors activate it when theyve basically won. Ultra rare smart survivors can still 99% gates to prevent any danger for suicidal altruism.
    • Killer activate it and open an exit for it. Ez escape.
    • Closing the hatch still gives the last survivor another chance to escape. A killers doesnt get a second chance if a survivor jumps in.

Dont give us this "it's killer sided" crap if something is mildly inconvenient to survivors.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

It isn't so much which side it favours per say...

It is a tool which can be used in a "game negative" way... something that can damage someone's willingness to continue playing.

It is easy to bend the "sided" approach to either side and say each side has a way to counter it.

The problem is, when you have high skilled and low skilled players. The high skilled players have no issues, or shouldn't have, since they should know enough about the game to have a chance and succeed.

The low skilled player doesn't take much to be knocked into an unwinnable situation.

It doesn't take much for a low skilled killer to place the low skilled survivor into the End Game Challenge.

When the hatch is o spawn and there are only 2 survivors left, the killer can start to prepare for the end game. The more gens left to do, the more time they have. Just knowing where the hatch is before the EGC starts is enough.

Take that little rabbit...

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

EGC sucks!

• Skelly
    Skelly Member Posts: 10

The EGC just made it more convenient for killers to get easier 4k's. Playing killer is brain dead easy these days, hence why their queue times are long. If you're a lone survivor gl with single digit IQ teammates that leave you for dead on first hook.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

I play both sides and I like the EGC. I don't rely on it as a killer, just appreciate it stops the hostage taking by survivors as if they don't open the gate soon after the last gen, I'll do it for them. Activating it doesn't guarantee kills. In fact I've only had one survivor killed by it and that was when I was chasing him.

As a survivor, I've been caught by it a couple of times now - because I didn't head for the exit sooner then couldn't find it. The only time I was left on the floor was because Myers downed me and then downed another, who he hooked first. I crawled off but as everyone else had left, and the other survivor couldn't get off the hook, I had to wait until I bled out. Myers never found me.

Unfortunately, you're going to get some toxic killers but considering how toxic some survivors have been, I think killers might just be enjoying getting their revenge.

• M1ghtyM4x
    M1ghtyM4x Member Posts: 85

Also have over 2k hours just on xbox considering i played on pc from beta till about leatherface i have been playing awhile. Anyways here's the problem with the endgame collapse and its easily rectified with a buff to survivors without changing the egc itself. Once a killer knows where the hatch is (and yes it can happen before the end game) then that's essentially game over for the survivor(s) who reach the egc because all the killer has to do is find the hatch before you and close it then just camp the exits till they find you and chase you till times out I had a billy chase me around at the exit game till time ran out and i died (i hadnt been hooked once all game) thats absolutely not fair. This guy thinks he got the kill (which he didnt earn). Either buff survivor once egc happens or instead of giving killers points for kills due to egc make a debuff to the killers speed during the next match. FORCE killers to play the game as intended instead of relying on a gimmicky mechanic thats one sided by design.

As for slugging if we're going to have a way out for killers so they dont dc give survivors the same thing id rather not spend 90% of the game down and not able to do anything and fear getting in trouble by the entity for dcing. if killers can open exit gates give survivors the ability to die on purpose on the ground. Remove slugging altogether. Eliminate most if not all of the dc's and make the end game more fair.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

the killer is playing the game as intended, they killed 3 survivors before they could do 5 gens which as this forum loves to point out is a survivor's one and only objective and now he intends to kill the last survivor (who also failed his objective) unless that survivor can find the hatch first. oh and then after the hatch closes the survivor gets a 3rd chance to live by opening the gate which is quite doable

as for slugging your bleed out timer is 4 minutes if the killer opens the gate the survivors still get 2 minutes (4 minutes if someone is dying) to drag their feet

and lastly stating how many hours you have in the game is a fast way to make people not wanna read your comment

• M1ghtyM4x

so obvious killer player here as for opening the gate after the hatch has been found thats doable and so is solving an impossible equation. Doable but highly unlikely since the killer knows where the exit gates are just as well as you. And promoting slugging by just simply using the bleedout timer when killers whined and whined to get an exit gate for their crappy games? that's hilarious. bleed out timer STOPS when picked up. but i guess that doesnt matter does it? As for stating how many hours you have its a way of expressing how much experience you have with this game. Someone who's played from the beginning may have more insight into things than say someone who just started a couple months ago dont you think?

• holywhitetrash

well it seems in your 2k hours you didn't learn much

i have escaped through the hatch and the gate multiple times since EGC i have seen other people do it as well but you clearly don't like it when anything requires thought or effort

the bleed out timer may stop when the killer picks you up, but that means he has to hook you, and after 4 minutes the EGC is gonna kill you anyway so i really don't get your point here

i can't stress this enough SOME TIMES YOU PLAY AGAINST MEAN PEOPLE, AND IF YOUR KILLER IS ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO LET THE ENTITY GET YOU, GO WATCH A YOU TUBE VIDEO ta da...

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

It's not really balanced in most situations, especially when Exit Gates are spawned on same wall or so close you can watch both easily. After you've invested some progress on one gate, it is almost always too late to try for the other. So all the Killer has to do is patrol both and at a certain point, you're doomed. He doesn't have to seek you out, only deny the one gate with progress and let the EGC kill you. It's too easy for the Killer, beyond speed and freedom, he also sees both Exit Gate auras on a permanent basis AND the progress indication via the red lights. What if he couldn't see the auras but for a few seconds? That would require some effort to memorize them like Survivors do.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Endgame is fair. You failed to do your job so don't expect a free win with 3 chances, each getting harder as you proceed.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,119

I've killed myself on purpose in the EGC multiple times just to watch the cool animation. I've also had survivors do that as killer. I've gone off and ignored survivors once EGC started and still had them die, I assume because they were looking for the hatch or something. Punishing killers in the next round because a survivor killed themselves would not be okay.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Survivors have so many tools to find the hatch?

You clearly have never played Survivor because you have no clue. There is only one thing in the entire game that helps survivors find the hatch, it's the Map, and it doesn't even have the location of the Hatch on it. You still actually have to find the Hatch before it shows up on your map. But if you actually played survivor and used maps, you'd know this.

Killers on the other hand enjoy two huge advantages looking for the hatch.

1. They can move freely. They don't have to hide, skulk around, or stop when they hear the terror radius. They literally do not need to be afraid to run around the entire map, because they are the killer and they hold all the power on the battlefield.
    2. They move faster than all survivors. Period. Even the slowest killer can move a lot faster than the fastest survivor.

Not finding the hatch first is a huge issue of bad luck for the killer. The killer has way too many advantages when looking for it. Sure, there will be killers that get unlucky and survivors that get lucky when it comes to hatch spawns, but in general Killers will find it a lot more easily than survivors will.

All of that said, I don't have a real problem with EGC. In fact I find myself enjoying it; it makes my Plunder build so much better than it has any right to be.

• M1ghtyM4x

It is a ONE-SIDED DEVICE specifically for the killers who complained about hatch stand-offs as stated BY THE DEVS several times. You cant sit here and honestly tell me its a balanced mechanic when the devs themselves say it was built for killers. Your lying to yourself as well as everyone in this forum if you think thats gonna fly by.

• DreamReaper77
    DreamReaper77 Member Posts: 2

The EndGame collapse needs to be reworked for a survivor in the dying state. I was the lone survivor, in the dying state, managed to slip away and the killer closed the trap door leaving me with no option but to bleed out. The killer shouldnt be able to close the trap door if you are in the dying state or it should automatically put you on an injured state etc. Balance it out

• SamG528
    SamG528 Member Posts: 4

There is a perk that does exactly this and it’s called adrenaline.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Play both sides and notice that you can run wake up and sit by an exit when hatch is closed

You can still save as the timer is slowed down while a survivor is hooked or in the dying state

And only a certain few maps have the ability to see 2 exits without moving

• holywhitetrash

it is not meant to be balanced, you are in a 1 v 1 with the power role, be happy you get the chance at the hatch and then third chance at the exit gates powering up

quit crying and do the gens so the lone survivor scenario does not happen

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Nurse killed 3 people at 5 gens. Stop crying because you and your team weren’t good enough to escape. The hatch is not a freebie escape. You get lucky enough to already have the option for the hatch with no gens done.