Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Share your Ideas for a new dbd Game Mode

AshleyWB
AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

When I come back I want to see some interesting concepts.

In the mean time, be nice to each other

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited May 2019

Classic mode:

Survivors can only play Dwight, Claudette, Jake, or Meg.

Killers can only play Trapper.

No one is allowed to use any Perks, however add-ons and items are allowed.

The only map allowed is all maps from the Macmillan Estate.

Endgame Collapse is disabled during Classic mode.

Brings back the feeling you’d have when playing the game if you had it during the beta or never got to play it and wanted to try it! :D

Items and add-ons are simply allowed to just give that extra bonus and surviability/killability for both sides. :P

• AshleyWB

I think it would be insane if they merged a couple of maps together and have a survival mode with 2 killers having to last 10 minutes, instadown on M1 hit and killer power is disabled, unless it's used for mobility.

• BoredByDaylight
    BoredByDaylight Member Posts: 113

- 2 vs 8 (like you mentioned)

- Infected (like on COD - start as a killer vs x survivors and each sacrifice they join your team as a killer)

- Hide & Seek (Loads of different objects to hide in instead of repairing generators, and there's a time limit. If you're found and hooked you die, if you last the timer the entity kills the killer)

- Kill the Killer Mode (survivors objective is to build a weapon instead of repairing gens which allows you to kill the killer)

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

CHAOS:

4 Survivors, 2 Killers.

Survivors can complete generators in 15 seconds, they must get 10 completed.

Survivors cannot work on the same gen.

If the survivor working on the gen leave at all, for any reason, the gen progress is set to zero.

It's extremely dark.

Killers are 2 times faster. Survivors are 1.5 times faster.

When the end game collapse happens, the survivors only have 1 minute.

Survivor have 5 perks, killers have 6.

I thought of something like that some time ago. Just complete and utter fopping chaos.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I'd love to see an arena like game mode where you play against the killer (1v1) and practice loops and jukes, 360s and whatnot.

No perks, 1 part of the map, like killer shack for example.

• BoredByDaylight

I'm a killer main and think this would just be way too easy for killers.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Killers and survivors team up to gather the infinity generators and kill the entity.

But in all seriousness, i would love to see an event where the killers and survivors team up vs the entity. and shadowy versions of the killers try to attack the survivors and killer must protect them while the survivors do objectives.

• BoredByDaylight

I like this, call it Safe by Sunlight. As you said, Killers protect survivors from the entity. Instead of repairing gens they have to locate 5 items (maybe entity limbs) and perform a sacrifice.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

I feel like no one actually thinks about how a 2v8 gamemode would work.

Like what are you guys going to do when there's a Billy / Lf combo and Lf basement camps while Billy shreds through pallets? OR if both killers double team a survivor at a pallet. ..

2v8 will never be a thing because it would essentially create even more problems for Dbd

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

I thought up a game mode before where there are 4 survivors and no killer, its a near pitch black, very large map(x4 size with 4 basements). The survivors are armed with flashlights that take much longer to run out. In the game you have to find the basement to destory the entities effigy. The map spawns AI hordes of ghosts that can be destroyed by flashlight. I thought the ghost would be slow and home in on survivors moving quicker and spawning more as the game goes on.

I also thought up a killer version of this where 3 killers defend a basement, and AI survivors do gens to open entrance gates where AI killers spawn trying to enter the basement to destroy the effigy. The idea is to have a strong defensive killer on basement(Trapper, Hag, Leatherface), a strong killer on defence(Huntress, Shape, Hillbilly) and a strong map control killer on survivors and gens(Nurse, Freddy, Plague, Legion).

All the survivors take 1 shot or are downed if becoming broken and can be mori'd on spot, the AI killers spawn in as Legion, Leatherface, Pig and Nurse and all killers move the same speed.

Of course this will never happen as devs said they wont do AI outside of the tutorial they did.

• Endorb
    Endorb Member Posts: 151

A mode where instead of doing generators, survivors have to hide from the killer for a set amount of time, which can be sped up through 2 or 3 objectives hidden throughout the level. However, there's no terror radius, so the killers have a much easier time sneaking up on survivors, and the idle crows get way stricter

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I already suggested this, but I'm too lazy to go find the comment, so here's the TL;DR version:

Killer picked at random. No SWF or friends in the same lobby. Whoever is hooked becomes the next killer. Person with the least hooks performed on them, or with the most hooks performed by them, or some combination of the two, wins.

• TwistedSegaGamer
    TwistedSegaGamer Member Posts: 109

I do have one crazy idea for a mode even some of the best would have trouble doing. Oh okay what if you were the only survivor. But you had to complete a few generators.

So far it isn't different until you escape. You are already in another match against a different killer. Now there could be a few options.

You can select which killers you have to face. But the game will randomized the order. Thus you can't do the easiest to hardest for quick achievements/trophies.

Another option would be endless to see how many times you can survive. Just imagine how insane it would be. You are also alone in this mode.

You can do all killers hunt mode. Where every killer will be in different maps. You have to survive them all. Now wouldn't that be fun to watch?

I think another thing to help differ it from other modes is you can't use anything. You heard me correctly no add ons or perks or offerings.

I can't picture a mode crazier in my mind than this one. If I could come up with a name. Obviously the hard part of this. It has to be Welcome to Hell, Survivors.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

5 perk's slots, buff survs, make the game more darker, and another objective for survs. Yes, you need to buff survs if the game is twice longer. And also start game with 10.000BP, so none DC.

• AshleyWB

Honestly a survive the night mode where killers have no terror radius but their breathing is loud and directional. 1 v 8. Aim is to not be dead by daylight.

Maybe you can find the 3 key pieces and craft a key at a workstation to make a key to escape the hatch when time is up.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Hide and Seek.

Perks are disabled, terror radius is disabled, AFK crows are disabled. 10 survivors hide from 1 killer. No pallets, Survivors are exposed and hindered, and die on first hook. And there's a time limit. Survivors could have access to new items though, to better hide from the killer/escape when found.

• AshleyWB
    edited May 2019

Big head survivors Vs Huntress

When Huntress hits a survivor with a hatchet the survivor is infected and must scavange for ingredients to make s cure before they are killed by the infection.

Huntress cannot M1 but base station speed is a normal killers.

Huntresses job is to defend 3 capture points. If 2 of them are captured the gates become powered and end game starts.

Each capture point takes 30 seconds to capture. Survivors respawn when gates are powered as zombies to help bodyblock remaining survivors getting hit by hatchet.

Every remaining survivor is revealed for 5 seconds every 10 seconds in the endgame.

I dunno, something like that would be good

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

50 survivors vs 1 killer

they have to fight each other cause why not

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

new endgame is fine now

• AshleyWB

Everyone plays as Claudette. The killer can be any killer but their player model will also be Claudette.

20 players, 19 Claudette survivors and 1 killer with claudettes model.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Honestly if 1 killer camps the other killer wouldnt be able to keep up on their own even it were an omega blink nurse 1 person in the basement would mean 7 more would still be out there working on gens and even when the second is found... that's 6 still working on gens..... so this whole situation of LF camping and another roaming is not even a problem.... like the devs even adjusted the hit boxes so not every killer could camp the basement... 2v8 would breathe the life that this game needs

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Any mode that make it possible to play with other killer friends. That would be the most awesome game mode this game can have.

But about how to implement it, now that's the hard part. 8 survivors vs 2 killers sound good, but to prevent the chaos, larger maps should be added for start.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Teddy bear picnic

Lockers contain food.

Feed the killer sweets before they get upset.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Here you go.

It collected a bit of dust, but still...

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/15899/hardcore-mode#latest

• bonhomie
    bonhomie Member Posts: 1

Good Idea, still this is a kind of hide and seek game. Killer also claudette and hidden there killing item to all other survivor. When they alone with 1 survivor they can carry the danger item when need. The item need to have a button to traggered. Up the ante is a defealt perk. Incrase the exhasted stat affect to 120 sec for every exhastable perks.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

SURVIVAL

no gens, no hatch, the survivors must survive for 10 minutes before they're allowed to look for the exit gates and escape

DOUBLES

map size is doubled, 10 gens, 2 killers, 8 survivors, certain perks (like DS, BT, Devour Hope and Blood Warden) are disabled

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Ranked Mode: Everything is normal, but the Pip system actually works and awards people 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. Favourable items, add-ons, perks, killers, offerings, map layouts and SWF status are taken into account, as well as general gameplay (chase time Vs resources used Vs amount you sprinted forward Vs killer bloodlust) and gen/hook efficiency. This game mode would replace our current ranked mode.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235

Prophunt: Survivors at spawn choose a item to be and when spawned in they have 1:30 minutes to hide, inspired by Cows IAM