Seriously, last survivor gets Fd by endgame collapse

Options

When the killer kills off 3 survivors before the gens are done you may as well just make the last survivor automatically hang himself or pop a bottle of pills or something. Unless the last survivor knows exactly where the hatch is, which he likely doesn’t, the killer will likely find it first. At that point it is extremely easy to guard both doors so that a survivor cant open them before time runs out. This is basically penalizing the survivor who managed to survive the longest by giving them a hopeless situation as a reward. Id rather just die than go through the motions of trying to get a door open while the killer gets to play easy mode ping pong and watch me suffer. Currently i DC rather than put up with that big FU from the devs. “Congrats on staying alive the longest. Now enjoy a few minutes of flailing around in hopelessness until your inevitable demise. Can i get you another drink mr killer?”

im glad the hatch standoff is basically gone but this current situation needs work.

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

You can always, I don’t know, try to open the gates and loop him around until you’ve got a wide enough opening? Hello?

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

There's a lot of factors. The hatch could be opened like an exit gate, the gate times can be increased.

Right now as it stands, while the odds are stacked against the survivors favor and it should be that way, it shouldn't feel IMPOSSIBLE. The hatch closing mechanic was proven failure on a Public test build a year ago. The EGC was the only influence into pushing this mechanic onto the game instead of exploring more and more option revolving specifically around the hatch standoff.

That's all! :)

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@TheRoyalOwl

One exit gate is powered

In other words only one door would be powered so "I mean you can gaurd that one door but what if they find the hatch or just do the other door?" is irrelevant.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

Quite sure they didn't mean that the other door isn't operable otherwise Brady would have said so.

Also @Brady I do think that it shouldn't be obscenely hard to get away after EGC starts as one survior, I just dont think this is the way, as it seems too easy for survivor.

I think @NMCKE idea is good but the already good killers nurse, billy, and spirt aren't gonna be effected only the slow ones making them even harder to play as.

• RepliCant
    Options
  • TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749
    Options

Please make it clear than as it makes it seemed like you said one is opened and the other isn't.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344
    Options

I'm going to leave this here: https://youtu.be/JYW7xMyqHok

• RepliCant
    Options
    • One exit gate is powered

I think that sentence is clear enough.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

Just accept your loss and move on like killers had to since the inception of this game!

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170
    Options

It’s true

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Besides the EGC being basically fine (except for the thing with the gate distance, as @NMCKE mentioned): If you really need another chance on top, you can bring a key and re-open the hatch.

These item and perk slots are available to give you more 2nd chances. You decide if you want them.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

It's seriously not that bad. I actually find it easier to survive now using a Plunderer Build, because I can fish keys out of the chests.

Now I can escape games with zero gens done if I can avoid the killer enough.

My bigger issue is getting fellow survivors to follow me down the hatch, most of them refuse to follow.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

Not to mention survivors aren't allowed to take the game hostage if you both find the hatch and they would just auto win if they got hit at all. EGC is really fun, i think its funny to open the gates and use Blood Warden more often now too! Other end game perks would me more vital to use with the EGC.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

The EGC is fine, the only thing is needed, as other said, is to improve the gates spawning rules. In maps where the gates are spread out it feels balanced, in addition to being thrilling and exciting.

• ParalyKoK
    ParalyKoK Member Posts: 60
    Options

The best decision i ever made was deleting Dead By Daylight. The devs have made this game so rewarding for bad killers and hide it behind a terribly pixelated burning ground. I do not enjoy playing in Dead by daylight for one simple fact. They dont really kill any one. Like REALLY kill. DBD looks like a supped up PS3 title. At least in F13 Jason actually murders you a couple hundred ways and the graphics look alot nicer. The rewards for completing objective.. Not just finger banging a generator.

Dead By Daylight is a game where playing killer rewards you for being bad at the game. The Devs finally ruined DBD. I was devotion 5/54. I loved this game and Endgame Collapse ruined the experience to the point were i had to delete it. I went back to F13 and the new patch made the game a whole lot more enjoy.

Simply waiting for PREDATORS:HUNTING GROUNDS.

When the devs truely balances out this poor excuse of game i will happily come back to it. It;s a shame i can't get back my money for all the DLC and skins i bought.

3 Changes which killed this game of for me.

1. Reducing the Field of View of the survivors..Not Cool.
    2. Secretly increasing the turning sensitivity for the killers on Console but not the Survivors. I tested both with videos i recorded from both points of views. These were not in the patch noted btw.
    3. ENDGAME COLLAPSE rewarding the killers with free kills. IMO once the timer ends the game should simple end with the survivors not getting any Escape Blood Points and the killers not getting free kills.

but hey what do i know? im just a self entitled survivor main whose really good at loop killers and saving my teammates.

Delete this ######### and come back to Friday, you ll be glad you did.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options

You're being kind of ridiculous if you are being serious. I suspect you aren't quite as good as you think you are.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

Not if you're the last survivor left and the killer closes the hatch. Good luck ¬_¬

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

@Maj33y

Yes, let's start another survivor vs killer war, it's very constructive!

Honestly, as some who plays a ton of Nurse (plus a few pig games) and Tapp, this is way better than having a stalemate for who knows how long.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

Hooks only respawn with hangman tricks. Mostly no one run tht perk

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

Gud luck in friday .let me know when jason x get added with the grendal map and hopefully the bugs get fixed

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Honestly, the EGC isn't remotely as bad as others are making it out to be. The only thing it needs is a maximum/minimum proximity range for the exit gates.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Instead of looking for Hatch just wait at the switch for the exit gate. So you can open it immediately when they hatch is shut.

If the killer chooses the wrong exit gate after closing Hatch you're practically guaranteed an escape

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 depends.... if the survivor has one gen left to do.. camp the hatch and wait for the survivor to reveal themselves too you.

Survivors can camp the gate all they want.. if the killer is patient... then they camp the hatch.. and wait. If it goes on too long then go look for the survivor to find out which gate they are near.

Remember....

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

Did anyone mention that the hatch spawns regardless of gens done, now, as part of the End Game changes?

SUPER KILLER SIDED 5 GEN 3K IS BUSTEDZ

As it stands now, the last survivor ALWAYS has 2 chances at escape regardless of "skill" (Hatch and Gate [if they lose the Hatch race]).

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

@TheBean keep forgetting quoting doesn't notify the person anymore.

Honestly I'm seriously questioning why perks like Wake up and Hope haven't gotten serious buffs to compensate for the endgame especially for survivors who are by themselves but what are ya going to do.

• Sleephartha
    Sleephartha Member Posts: 242
    Options

Setting a min distance so that its harder to guard both exits would help. The hatch standoff was awful but the solution needs to be fair to both sides. I tried adjusting. Then best adjustment ive found is looking for the hatch early. But 1) this only works if enough gens have been done and 2) do we really want to make looking for a silent hatch earlier a “best option”? Its horrible. Slow and time consuming. If you are a solid survivor you are likely hustling to get things done so everyone does better. When it gets down to 2 you should still be working for the team, not being selfish. When the 3rd guy dies, as i stated in the OP, the killer almost always gets hatch first and then youre faced with a hopeless situation. So 2nd best option is just running to the nearest door hoping that its far enough away from the hatch the killer locks. Odds are though the killer closes hatch then approaches one door, if he sees nothing he goes to the other. Theres no time to NOT be opening the gate and trying to game the killer. So you have to stand there and open, get seen, and hope he doesn’t make it in time. Its a lame 1 dimensional lopsided endgame. Needs to be fixed.

• AalexDf
    AalexDf Member Posts: 2
    Options

EGC requires ASAP modifications !!!

It is completely an unfair situation for the last survivor when the rest of survivors played bad. The killer have found the hatch first on all trials I´ve seen and played since EGC. Killer simply starts to haunt the exit gates and has enough time to go to the 2nd door and return before the survivor can open the exit gate.

The killer has all the advantages to find the hatch beforehand since he can move with complete freedom throughout the map. On the contrary, survivor has to be moving with great caution so the killer does not see him. For that reason, it is almost a fact that the killer finds the hatch first.

The timer is fine when there are 2-4 players and already opened 1 exit door, but not when the killer has closed the hatch and the last survivor is simply forced to open one of 2 gates while the killer is prowling both doors and these are at a short distance that allows killer to check both doors before it is opened.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@Maj33y

Wait, you don't realize that the gen repair speed reduction on 2 or more survivors are on a gen HAS EXISTED IN THIS GAME SINCE DAY ONE?!

Hate to break it to you boy, all that got fixed is a visual bug that didn't show the penalty - the penalty has always been there. That's no nerf XD