The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Poll: Is Legion's Deep Wound Status a Threat?

TheHourMan
TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Is Legion's Deep Wound status a threat?

Poll at bottom.

Arguments for NO:

-With the rework, the Deep Wound (DW) timer is paused while in the terror radius of the killer and while mending. This means there is no urgency to mend. You can just wait until you are safe to do it.

-The mending makes noise, but there is no reason to mend rather than just hide if you are inside the terror radius, making the noise useless to killer tracking.

-Getting hit with DW while injured has no negative effect aside from putting the status on the survivor.

-DW has no negative effects other than the death timer and the screen effect.

-DW does not help the killer track the survivor any more than just injuring them. In fact, inflicting DW requires going into Frenzy, which makes scratch marks and blood disappear even for a few seconds after you exit Frenzy, making it easier for survivors to escape than just hitting them with a normal attack.

Arguments for YES:

-It can instantly down a survivor if they do not mend.

-It prevents survivors from just instantly getting back on a generator as soon as the killer leaves.

-It makes survivors waste time, therefore buying the killer some extra time.

-It makes the heartbeats of other survivors visible while in Frenzy, making it easy to find survivors who group together.

-The screen effects can make it hard for inexperienced survivors to stay calm.

Poll:

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

This distinction doesn't matter because it's not supposed to be a threat...it was never intended to be so.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

its also 10 extra seconds before the survivor can healed meaning if they give you the slip you have 10 extra seconds to find them before they are fully healed

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It's just a minor inconvenience.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited May 2019

Yes it is, in the sense that used well it wastes a ton of time which is the most valuable thing in this game.

The fact that not mending downs the survivor doesn't mean DW is supposed to down them. It's just an incentive for survivors to waste those 10 seconds mending, a bit like Reverse Bear Traps, but with the additional strong map presence from FF.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Always feel like the killer just b**** slapped me and ran away. Unless legion stays for a follow-up chase there is no pressure for me.

• TheHourMan

So, follow-up question for those who answered: Is Legion's Deep Wound status *meant* to be a threat?

Is wasting 10 seconds really powerful enough for that to be considered its primary function? From what I can tell, honestly, playing Legion feels about the same as playing Trapper without traps, but with slightly better tracking ability and the ability to slightly speed up for a time. I think Legion is currently a little below Trapper in terms of effectiveness.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Nope, it goes down so slow after you leave thier terror radius, it dosen't take that long to mend even with addons, and the fact you can't see mending survivors with nurses calling is just annoying and kind of stupid. And I think Deep Wounds is supposed to be a threat, but its really not, much like most killer abilities in the game. Its like Freddy's dream world, its supposed to slow down the game, but its so easy to get out of it (unlike the source material), its virtually worthless.

• TheHourMan
    edited May 2019

Honestly I think Freddy is worlds better than Legion right now in terms of danger. At least freddy can see the auras of every survivor on the map with the purple photo and has mind game potential with the transition.

• TripleTailSlap
    TripleTailSlap Member Posts: 27

Perhaps speeding up the bleedout timer would make the wound a bit more urgent to heal.

At this point i just feel there is more time being wasted by the Legion either by going after other survivors after the first frenzy hit or losing that distance from a miss.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

The answer to this question is always "No"

Although I had a match recently where a Survivor went into dying state because of FF. My mind was blown.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Just a threat to increasing my boredom in this game.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

Legion power seems anti exhaustion perks. Either than that he just seems like a base killer. Think hes not weak but probally not entertaining.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

Not at all. Deep Wounds does nothing but stall the game for both sides. Killer waste time applying it, Survivors waste time mending. It's does absolutely nothing progression wise for either side. It's a pointless mechanic and it's pointless to even use Legion's power.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

No. Like RBTs, it's a killer power that does nothing if the survivors don't want it to.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

It's not a threat itself but it is useful, makes the survivor do something while you go after the next guy and the next guy and possibly even the last guy. It injures them and makes them mend which basically just makes them waste time while you chase someone else.

• barricade133
    barricade133 Member Posts: 12

If it could be picked up by nurses calling yes. As it stands atm its a mild inconvenience at best.