2.0 PS4 ABSURD CONSTANT FRAME DROPS

Options

Is it just me or are other players from PS4 getting bad frame drops after the 2.0 update? My firends also have the same issue. I'm not sure if the lag has anything to do with it or specific maps but when I play killer I have constant frame drops second after sencond during the entire match, some as survivor also. Some matches it gets to the point of being unplayable and I have a PS4 Pro who can run games at way larger scales at 60fps. Dev team can you please by now fix the optimization for consoles? And increase the maximum speed for camera sensitivity also, it should allow up to 4x what it is currently, these small things destroy the gameplay experience on console.

Comments

• Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138
    Options

I don't really have that problem I only have it in the end game screen it's fine on my end.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:
    I don't really have that problem I only have it in the end game screen it's fine on my end.

Play killer, survivors seem to not be too bad.

• BabyKitty
    BabyKitty Member Posts: 37
    Options
    I hear a lot of people saying this.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options
    It gets pretty bad sometimes but it's not unplayable like some are saying.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    OMG does the console whines ever stop? just get a pc like normal people if you want to play real games.
  • HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    BIG ADVISE : 
    when you're repairing a gen or you gonna drop a pallet look at the sky ! This will prevent the game from freezing .
    Also to the devs , the fps is a very big issue , more important than a new chapter or balancing the game . honestly it felt the best when I were playing tutorial .
  • Lowbei
    Options
    BIG ADVISE : 
    when you're repairing a gen or you gonna drop a pallet look at the sky ! This will prevent the game from freezing .
    Also to the devs , the fps is a very big issue , more important than a new chapter or balancing the game . honestly it felt the best when I were playing tutorial .
    pc has no fps issues.

i too expect bad framerate if im playing mario on my toaster
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    OMG does the console whines ever stop? just get a pc like normal people if you want to play real games.

Shhh.

• chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Wow! Just played a round as Dr on new map and couldn't hit barely anyone (da fuq outta here with git gud too.. I'm a red rank p3 Dr and he's not my main) . I would swing and you could see his arm go down in SLO mo while the survivor turned (hard to explain). New map is dope as hell even though I couldn't get a 3 gen strat down because I couldn't hit survivors and map is new lol . I did prefer this game on PS4 to my PC prior to this update, but will jump on my PC with PS4 controller if this is an issue. It was pretty bad .
  • HIPSTERLION
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    BIG ADVISE : 
    pc has no fps issues.

The issue is from the game not ps4 . I run all my other games on 60 fps .
  • HIPSTERLION
    Options
    Brady said:

@Lowbei said:
    HIPSTERLION said:

BIG ADVISE : 

pc has no fps issues.

ok we get it pc master race, I have the game on both, wheres my peasant comment???? :)

dude its one thing to be a funny troll, but youre straight up annoying as [BAD WORD] and lack humour even. not everybody likes pc and they had released this game on more than just that platform so they must cater to them too.

From everybody on this god damn forum, shut up and go away

I hear you loud and clear brother and 100% agree
  • Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Most normal people end up having jobs and families, a console is much friendlier to these normal people. I was a PC player as a teen, while it is generally more fun and much better overall for gaming, a console can be easily placed near the tv and enjoyed by everyone in your family regardless of their technical expertise (hint, toddlers are generally not careful around computer equipment).

Once you hit puberty, get a job, date and reproduce you will grow to appreciate these facts. 
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Brady said:

@Lowbei said:
    HIPSTERLION said:

BIG ADVISE : 

pc has no fps issues.

ok we get it pc master race, I have the game on both, wheres my peasant comment???? :)

dude its one thing to be a funny troll, but youre straight up annoying as [BAD WORD] and lack humour even. not everybody likes pc and they had released this game on more than just that platform so they must cater to them too.

i get it, you are salty about your toaster not playing the game right, but dont take it out on the person trying to help you.

just go ebay your shitbox and buy a machine that can run the game right, or stop whining about it on the forum.
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Brady said:

@Lowbei said:

HIPSTERLION said:

BIG ADVISE : 

pc has no fps issues.

i get it, you are salty about your toaster not playing the game right, but dont take it out on the person trying to help you.

just go ebay your shitbox and buy a machine that can run the game right, or stop whining about it on the forum.

?

I have a beautiful PS4, with more multiple consoles, a gaming laptop and a gaming PC. If I'm going on with your attitude, then maybe you shouldn't be so poor with only your pc :(

My point is, you're not helping and quite frankly I rather play an OchiDo match than read one more of your pc masterrace comments. Atleast be funny... but you're not...

• HIPSTERLION
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Brady said:

@Lowbei said:
    HIPSTERLION said:

BIG ADVISE : 

pc has no fps issues.

Ah cmon , you can't do ######### about it . we will talk about it all day . oh I'm just getting started 
  • mrdead
    mrdead Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    HIPSTERLION said: in
    BIG ADVISE : 
    pc has no fps issues.

Hey! It's a panini press!
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

@Scorpion_rulezMK said:
    Is it just me or are other players from PS4 getting bad frame drops after the 2.0 update? My firends also have the same issue. I'm not sure if the lag has anything to do with it or specific maps but when I play killer I have constant frame drops second after sencond during the entire match, some as survivor also. Some matches it gets to the point of being unplayable and I have a PS4 Pro who can run games at way larger scales at 60fps. Dev team can you please by now fix the optimization for consoles? And increase the maximum speed for camera sensitivity also, it should allow up to 4x what it is currently, these small things destroy the gameplay experience on console.

EZ Fix.

Get a PC.

People like you that play on PS4's is whats been holding the Shrine back for over a ######### month.

• Ivy
    Ivy Member Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the same issues, hopefully they do something about it soon just making it not stutter as bad would be great. But I kind of doubt it
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Azakura said:
    Lowbei said:
    Most normal people end up having jobs and families, a console is much friendlier to these normal people. I was a PC player as a teen, while it is generally more fun and much better overall for gaming, a console can be easily placed near the tv and enjoyed by everyone in your family regardless of their technical expertise (hint, toddlers are generally not careful around computer equipment).

Once you hit puberty, get a job, date and reproduce you will grow to appreciate these facts. 
    lol couple notes.

i work at a bank.

i have a 5yr old daughter.

she has her own gaming pc.

its probably better than yours.

you have no case.

your salt is not necessary.

get a real gaming machine or stop whining.

i found this childrens book and thought of you.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

Console Scum is the reason we haven't gotten the Shrine back in over a month.

### Console Scum.
  • HIPSTERLION
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Vortexas said:

Console Scum is the reason we haven't gotten the Shrine back in over a month.

[BAD WORD] Console Scum.

This is not your cage and I'm not your mom so f@$# off 
  • Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    Azakura said:
    Lowbei said:

lol couple notes.

i work at a bank.

you have no case.

I prefer quality time with my child, as a console allows you more of that compared to a PC. 

You also don't know how to follow a conversation as I never whined about console issues or how my gaming machine wasn't working well. That was someone else.

That book actually does look interesting, I might buy it from amazon for my son. Thank you.

As a side note, I generally game 10 or so hours a week so a PC built for that would be some serious overkill. Grown ups don't dedicate that much time to games, or shouldn't.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

@Scorpion_rulezMK said:
    Is it just me or are other players from PS4 getting bad frame drops after the 2.0 update?

Hmm, PC complained about this in the forums when 2.0 released. Then Xbox complained about this when 2.0 released...

I think it's just you, bud.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Azakura said:
    Lowbei said:
    Azakura said:
    Lowbei said:

lol couple notes.

i work at a bank.

you have no case.

I prefer quality time with my child, as a console allows you more of that compared to a PC. 

You also don't know how to follow a conversation as I never whined about console issues or how my gaming machine wasn't working well. That was someone else.

That book actually does look interesting, I might buy it from amazon for my son. Thank you.

As a side note, I generally game 10 or so hours a week so a PC built for that would be some serious overkill. Grown ups don't dedicate that much time to games, or shouldn't.
    ahh so your excuse is that you are a casual. ok

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    You mean like Last of us and God of War? Oh wait???? 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    Lowbei said:

The funny thing is PS4 players whine about Xbox and PC getting stuff 1st or exclusive releases when they have 2 of the best ones out there. The Xbox players are the same way and if you really want to smack console players for entitlements just remind them of this simple fact.

You could be stuck trying to game with a MAC. :p

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

This thread has already turned into a war zone.

• Ivy
    Ivy Member Posts: 15
    Options
    :( it’s not just you
  • powerbats
    Options

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Shots fired !!!!!

But in all seriousness PC already had this issue then Xbox so it's only natural that PS4 will have it and should've been ready for it. They released a hotfix that fixed most of issues and Xbox will probably get one soon if they haven't already. For PS4 it'll probably happen in the next week or so.

• Lowbei
    edited July 2018
    Options
    fcc2014 said:
    Lowbei said:
    everyone just watched those games on youtube instead of playing them. the games are linear. sony even stated that it was concerned that more people had seen the videos than purchased it
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    I haven’t encountered any major frame rate issues yet. I’m on a normal PS4, not Pro. 
  • mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Is it just me or does lowbei spend more time on console's forum questions than playing his pc lol.  Maybe they got a opening on the dbd forum.  The lag is bug related not system 
  • powerbats
    Options

@mike2835 said:
    Is it just me or does lowbei spend more time on console's forum questions than playing his pc lol.  Maybe they got a opening on the dbd forum.  The lag is bug related not system 

Well not everyone is getting it either, so it might not be just bug related but also influenced by the usual, what system, memory, internet etc.

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Lol Pc players complain about console players complaining and also complain they don't have there shrine back. Everyone is salty about something and it makes them look like children and the grown-ups they call themselves in this comment section argue and fight like thy are siblings fighting over a coloring book.
  • Lowbei
    Options
    mike2835 said:
    ive been streaming for 2 hours so far and have made about 500k. also, this isnt “console’s forum”.

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options

Dont they all :) 

'Bout that FPS though? I see all platforms have the issue. Anybody know if they've said anything about it yet?
  • BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    powerbats said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Shots fired !!!!!

But in all seriousness PC already had this issue then Xbox so it's only natural that PS4 will have it and should've been ready for it. They released a hotfix that fixed most of issues and Xbox will probably get one soon if they haven't already. For PS4 it'll probably happen in the next week or so.

Thank you :)
  • Scorpion_rulezMK
    Scorpion_rulezMK Member Posts: 25
    Options

I've restarted the system and it apparently fixed it, frame drops badly only very occasionaly now but can't tell by now if it was a perma fix or not. Maybe it could have been related to the "player connection issues" they mentioned having very recently fixed. As of now it all seems fixed and working like before 2.0. PS: I don't get these people that come comment things completly irrelevant and that don't help nor aid in solving anything.

• KuwabaraWasTaken
    KuwabaraWasTaken Member Posts: 10
    Options

I had a match earlier today where it was a literal slideshow on my end. Constant stuttering and maybe 10 frames a second. I asked the survivors in the match if they felt it, and they said it felt fine on their end. Using a killers power has always made the game lag out (Huntress landing a hatchet or Myers going into tier 3) and it was bad enough then, but now it is almost unplayable sometimes. Back revving with Billy is a coin toss if the game decides to freak out on you. BHVR needs to give console a quality option. I’m fine with setting my game to low if it means I can actually use my power effectively.

• sunnyariane
    sunnyariane Member Posts: 60
    Options
    I have the problem with my doctor. I buy a new outfit for Him and the frame drops started. XD 
  • Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Lowbei said:

pc has no fps issues.

This comment is just ignorant and does add nothing productive to this discussion. What are you trying to start the console vs PC war all over again? Typical troll imo.
    To the actual topic this thread is about: Yes, there are real FPS issues, even on PC. I have GTX 1050 and get really bad frame drops especially on Shelter Woods map since the 2.0.0 update. Before it ran at a solid 60 FPS. The devs are aware of it and trying to identify the problem. But who knows if they can fix it again soon.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Snapshot said:

@Lowbei said:

pc has no fps issues.

This comment is just ignorant and does add nothing productive to this discussion. What are you trying to start the console vs PC war all over again? Typical troll imo.
    To the actual topic this thread is about: Yes, there are real FPS issues, even on PC. I have GTX 1050 and get really bad frame drops especially on Shelter Woods map since the 2.0.0 update. Before it ran at a solid 60 FPS. The devs are aware of it and trying to identify the problem. But who knows if they can fix it again soon.

lol truth hurts sometimes.

i honestly hope that they allow account transfers for the console players who want to upgrade to pc
  • Zetara
    Zetara Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I get frame rate drop everytime I hit bloodlust and sometimes after I hit a survivor. It sucks. 
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

WELL, YOU ASKED FOR THE UPDATE, now you have it!
    Kek.

• Lowbei
    Options
    i made 2mill bp tonight. it was a good time!
  • Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    i made 2mill bp tonight. it was a good time!

another irrelevant post

• temperedreason
    temperedreason Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I’m not having this issue. At. All.  Not even sure where it’s coming from.