Explain to me how BL is better than Lithe

drunky26
drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I see so many people saying how Balanced Landing is the best exhaustion perk.

I never understood this. Lithe does the same thing but isn't as situational as Balanced Landing is. I never had trouble getting Lithe to work unlike BL, where first you have to play on a map that even has a spot where you can use it, then you have to be at that spot, if you're far away from it on the map it's over for you. Unless you're god tier in chases and can reach that spot in time without the killer catching up.

I understand that the 75% stun reduction from falls is useful and opens up a lot of new loops, especially on Haddonfield. Is it because of this?

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Dead Hard is only good for those who know how to use it, Balanced Landing is doodoo and predictable, Lithe is honestly the best top tier exhaustion perk, Sprint Burst makes it so you are in crutches the whole game until you need to use it, you'd be better off Urban Evasion'ing around the map until you need to Sprint Burst. Lithe in my opinion is a game changer, saves you. Sucks as a Killer but oh well.

• drunky26

Well I share the same opinion and really don't understand those who put BL on first spot.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

It's preference don't let anyone else tell you otherwise unless we are talking about Sprint Burst I use No Mither and OoO in my main build and consider that perk a true waste of a slot.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It opens infinite/really strong loops. On Haddonfield I believe you can truly infinite loop, on Lery’s you can infinite loop 110%ms killers and have an incredibly strong loop against 115% ms killers.

I’m a dead hard person myself.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Lithe + Quick'n Quiet + Dance With Me all day every day

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2019

I love lithe personally too as it gives me a nice edge in chases for when the killer is closing the gap. I think the main argument for BL is its passive effect, you still have reduced stun from drops even while exhausted and that can often mean the difference between getting nailed in the face post drop/fall because you staggered and smoothly avoiding a hit because you didn't.

• Ghostul
    Ghostul Member Posts: 42

I have used a lot of Lithe and while it does help, sometimes when I know there is no where else to run but the loop i am on, it gets kind of wasted.

I have started running Balance Landing for the reason you said, it opens up more loop potential without use of pallets. Haddonfield, Game, Lery's and Ironworks are the main ones that come to mind. You can go there for quite a while without any pallets used.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Balanced Landing opens new loops. Loops you can do without a window or pallet, allowing you to conserve those for when you need it. Some spots become infinites against some killers too.

Just the other day I managed to run from a Wraith nearly all game using just the Ward, and I still had a pallet left for end game. Wouldn't have been able to do that without BL.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Because A LOT of the mains structures becomes infinities since you have zero stagger effect. Haddonfield, both Asylum maps, Springwood, and both Red Forest maps are SUPER strong with Balanced Landing. Adrenaline > Balanaced Landing > Dead Hard > Sprint Burst > Lithe > Head On

Only Shelter Woods never has a drop off for BL. I’ve also seen Groaning Storehouse and Suffocation Pit without a drop off.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Balanced landing has 2 effects, reduced fall stagger with or without exhaustion and speed boost if you are not exhausted

Lithe has 1 effect

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

If you can manage to find the sweet spot on the tree during a chase and hope you don’t screw it up. It’s very situational that you can actually pull it off

• drunky26

He means the tree in the middle of shelter woods, you can trigger BL on it.

• Figas
    Figas Member Posts: 59

When looping, you usually have to use windows, if you are at a jungle gym, you either skip the loop in the first window vault or you waste the perk, its condition is a little hindering in my opinion, balanced landing users pathing usually involves using hills or the main buildings to extend the chase by being able to reach another loop or just to waste more of the killers time. It also has a passive effect wich helps a lot in most maps.

Its obviously playstyle dependant, if you dont use balanced landing often your brain isnt wired to find the high places, and you might think of the perk has a waste when you cant find a suitable place to use it.

• SamG528
    SamG528 Member Posts: 4

Depends if you want to loop the killer or juke the killer.

Balanced Landing is better for looping and extending chases.

Lithe is better for losing and gaining distance on the killer if you can confuse them in jungle gyms.

Personally I think Balanced Landing is better because of the secondary effect, but I will say Lithe is the second best exhaustion perk behind it.