Survivors becoming killers

Morteth
Morteth Member Posts: 42

We haven't actually seen it yet, but there have been tales, that if a survivor was to lose all hope, they would eventually be forced to become a killer.

Do you see this happening at any point in the future? If not, why?

Could we maybe see Benedict as a killer later on?

And what would be Nea's reasons to reveal herself to be an actual overpowered killer? What's missing from her story?

Comments

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Oh,no! Nea will become a killer!

...oh wait...

• BiaNoYami
    BiaNoYami Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2019

In a fanfiction I am writing I'm actually planning on making this a thing.

My idea isn't completely polished yet, but I was thinking that while some survivors simply retain their hope or slowly lose it and become empty shells, the survivors with an extraordinarily strong sense of justice and stubborness, or perhaps with a profound infatuation for another person in this realm (birthing a powerful wish to protect / save that person) are more prone to have their hope tainted.

By which I mean their hope slowly transforms into rage, desperation, thirst for vengeance... That sort of thing. Hatred at what the Entity is doing to them and what it forces them all to do. Those survivors usually consider even the killers' positions, keeping in mind that they, too, once used to be sane and fully human. This only adds to the negative feelings that grow in their hearts.

But this is what the Entity is striving for. Many of the things that happen happen exactly in order to "change" certain survivors. And with anger and hate comes darkness, and more darkness inside you means the Entity can get an easier grasp on you and your will.

Until, sooner or later, you'll succumb to the sinister feelings and become yet another slave to do the Entity's bidding. If you're lucky you'll retain a part of your true self, though, and on occasion it resurfaces. Maybe at times when the Entity is appeased and its grip on you loosens a little due to that. And then you realize what you've done, what you've become, and perhaps you'll even try to fight it down. But in the end no one escapes the Entity once shackled.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

From Lore standpoint yeah maybe.

From gameplay standpoint that will probably never happen (maybe as a joke tho)

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

What powers would the license survivors have to become killers?

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

nEa iS ThE KiLlERrRR

that meme is so dead its just cringe.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

@drunky26 Nea is the best killer in the game and nothing you can say will ever change that!

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

HAIL LORD NEA!

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64

If I remember correctly, in the lore stream they said that it would be possible for survivors to become killers and vice versa. I don't think they specified it would require a loss of hope in either case, just that it could happen. That said, they didn't get into much detail and didn't seem to consider it anything other than a hypothetical possibility.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Did you read the previous answers? The devs said no.

• Snikers
    edited May 2019

I did and you were wrong. I didn't want to embarrass you by calling you out in particular.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Survivors are already killers in rank 1.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

I'm aware of this crap. It's another instance of them making stuff up on the spot, because they are unprepared for to give a proper answer. It's not the first and likely not the last time they contradict themselves.

Survivors do not become Killers. Killers do not become Survivors. That's how it's originally been and throughout most of the game's life with the Lore we had.

• Snikers

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying Behaviour is wrong about the game's lore and that you understand it better than them?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Snikers The devs contradict themselves a lot. And considering that @DocOctober here has been working on the wiki (and in turn, seeing the Lore) and getting every point he can, I'm sure he could do a better job with the lore at this point.

Don't go for a low blow when your opposition has greater knowledge then you.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156

Being the Entit... Nea gets lonely. Of course she would want her friends to do her bidding.

• Snikers

The devs may contradict themselves, but the Lore stream is the latest word on this subject that I know of so I would assume it takes precedence. Besides that, I would love to see any evidence that survivors cannot become killers (or vice versa), because I am not aware of any.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Snikers I love the lore for this game, unfortunately I have no idea what is right or wrong anymore. I'd take it all with a grain of salt. Even my own words shouldn't be taken too seriously. Besides, the devs themselves have said if a survivor loses hope, its off to the void with them. And if a killer underperforms too often, it's off to the void.

As for a potential theory, a survivor COULD become a killer if they snap, and the Entity can make use of that.