Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

to the devs

its time to perma ban all rage quitters this is getting real stupid just had 3 rage quitters in my match and i was not doing anything to force them to rage quit deal with this toxic community its getting real old

Comments

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

remove all bloodpoints they have and if they have none give them negative bloodpoints as penalty or just put an hour ban on their timer

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Perma bans are not the solution. But making them lose additional bloodpoints and iridescent shards, might work.

This one million time.
    Imo they should also lower the number of dc allowed before getting a ban by passing it from percentage based to a fix number

• Cypraz

@Dragonredking said:

@Tsulan said:
    Perma bans are not the solution. But making them lose additional bloodpoints and iridescent shards, might work.

This one million time.
    Imo they should also lower the number dc allowed before getting a ban by passing from pourcentage based to a fix number

You mean bypassing? it's one word and it's percentage, please don't butcher my language.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Just make them play with each other in a leaver que that takes longer and gives you nothing until you sit through 3 matches. :3

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

no if people dont want to stay in the game then they dont want to keep the game u rage quit u lose the game

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234

@Tsulan said:

Upvoting this! There are too many instances of legitimately unintentional disconnects from the server to justify handing out bans. People need to quit encouraging bans as the solution for any and all issues. The loss of blood points etc is already a consequence of disconnecting from a game and they have already implemented a penalty system that can lead to a ban if your profile has x amount of disconnects.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    On a related note, did they ever fix how survivors get to keep their items when they dc? If they haven’t that is pretty pathetic on their part seeing as that’s been going on for what like a year at least?
  • ShesArebel88

@Cypraz said:
    remove all bloodpoints they have and if they have none give them negative bloodpoints as penalty or just put an hour ban on their timer

So if someone's power goes out, Wi-Fi bogs down etc. They should be punished for something that was beyond their control? Until there is a way to accurately distinguish an intentional DC from an unintentional DC, make good use of the reporting tool so they can view the game data associated with the profile and see whether or not it shows that someone did in fact DC because the game wasn't going how they wanted it to.

• Blueberry
    Honestly let’s not over exaggerate how often people “accidentally” dc. I can count on one hand the amount of times that’s happened for me and I’ve got over 1700 hours in this game. If someone’s worried about getting banned from legit dc’s that’s not a game issue, it means you need to get your crap together because you’ve got some bad systems/internet/or just going into killers rooms that have bad connections of which you can see beforehand.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Perma banning might be taking it a bit far, but there definitely needs to be better consequences for DCing. A time ban from the game, maybe, that increases more and more every time you DC withing a certain time period, say a month.

• Cypraz

dude half the time i 4k the morons accuse me of cheating and hit me with the "get reported" line. dumb kids!!

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Deduct bloodpoints and shard then put them into a raffle for all players to win
  • Demonsouls1993

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Tsulan said:

Upvoting this! There are too many instances of legitimately unintentional disconnects from the server to justify handing out bans. People need to quit encouraging bans as the solution for any and all issues. The loss of blood points etc is already a consequence of disconnecting from a game and they have already implemented a penalty system that can lead to a ban if your profile has x amount of disconnects.

losing blood points wont do anything survivors and killers dont keep there blood points for dcing so what makes u think that well fix the problem the devs said they have a system in play that picks up a random dc and a rage quit so therefore banning the rage quitters is not that hard

• ShesArebel88

@Demonsouls1993 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Tsulan said:

losing blood points wont do anything survivors and killers dont keep there blood points for dcing so what makes u think that well fix the problem the devs said they have a system in play that picks up a random dc and a rage quit so therefore banning the rage quitters is not that hard

I could agree to something that actually takes the piss out of someone intentionally disconnecting. Part of why I think people DC is because they KNOW it pisses other players off. If the frequently DC they apparently don't enjoy the game enough to really care about a possible ban. Implementing more of a bonus for the killer when survivors DC, and same for survivors when killers DC. Make it so the opposing side doesn't LOSE anything but rather GAIN something from it.
    But if they already have a system in play that can determine intentional dc from accidental dcs and have yet to actually do anything to resolve the issue, only proves said system is apparently flawed or they just simply don't care enough to do anything about it right now.

• ShesArebel88

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Demonsouls1993 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Tsulan said:

I could agree to something that actually takes the piss out of someone intentionally disconnecting. Part of why I think people DC is because they KNOW it pisses other players off. If the frequently DC they apparently don't enjoy the game enough to really care about a possible ban. Implementing more of a bonus for the killer when survivors DC, and same for survivors when killers DC. Make it so the opposing side doesn't LOSE anything but rather GAIN something from it. Ofcorse after x amount of intentional dc, a ban could be beneficial and constitutive.
    But if they already have a system in play that can determine intentional dc from accidental dcs and have yet to actually do anything to resolve the issue, only proves said system is apparently flawed or they just simply don't care enough to do anything about it right now.

• Demonsouls1993

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Demonsouls1993 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Tsulan said:

I could agree to something that actually takes the piss out of someone intentionally disconnecting. Part of why I think people DC is because they KNOW it pisses other players off. If the frequently DC they apparently don't enjoy the game enough to really care about a possible ban. Implementing more of a bonus for the killer when survivors DC, and same for survivors when killers DC. Make it so the opposing side doesn't LOSE anything but rather GAIN something from it.

devs dont care for killers anyway so why ban rage quitting survivors devs dont care i mean look at the amount of bs us killer mains take from the community this is why i want the devs to start doing there job and banning rage quitters and not being the survivor loving losers that they are

• ShesArebel88

@Demonsouls1993 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Demonsouls1993 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Tsulan said:

devs dont care for killers anyway so why ban rage quitting survivors devs dont care i mean look at the amount of bs us killer mains take from the community this is why i want the devs to start doing there job and banning rage quitters and not being the survivor loving losers that they are

I definitely understand the frustration for sure and agree that something needs to be done. Whether you're survivor main, killer main or have no preference at all... DC should not prove to be a way to successfully get revenge on the opposing side all because the game didn't go the way the disconnecting individual wanted. Its purely done out of nothing else but spite it should be of higher priority than cutesy cosmetics or new content for damn sure!

• Blueberry
    It’s because the devs have made survivors so entitled from catering to them for so long. It’s gonna be a painful bandaid to rip off but the devs just gotta get it over with.
  • ShesArebel88

@Blueberry said:
    It’s because the devs have made survivors so entitled from catering to them for so long. It’s gonna be a painful bandaid to rip off but the devs just gotta get it over with.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Demonsouls1993 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Tsulan said:

The death penalty, irl, does not stop people from committing horrendous crimes. What makes you think that a bonus for DC is going to solve it? Oh, no. He is going to get extra BP. I better not DC. Nonsense.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    stop camping.
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    I don't want this to be an us vs them thread.

Survivor DCs hurt us as survivors as well.  I played a game early this morning and about 20 seconds into the match we had the first DC.  now I am not saying this was intentional, but it immediately meant we had 5 gens for 3 survivors.  

about 15 seconds after the first DC we had the second DC.  

The shirtless David and I tried to continue on, but 2 vs 5 gens (including Hag's Hex) just wasn't a fair fight.  

I did send the killer a message saying GG and it wasn't his fault for the 2 DCs.  

All that said I do think there should be a punishment for excessive DCs.  Personally I would like it to be 3 DCs and you can't play till shrine reset.