What was the validation for making deep wounds timer progress invisible to killers?

Dehitay
Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I just played a game where I was Wraith and borrowed time put somebody into deep wounds and I lost them. So I went invisible to at least make sure that the deep wounds timer was counting down. While I didn't exactly time it, I know it was between 30 seconds and a minute later that the deep wound status finally disappeared. At first, I was confused to hell as to why it wasn't counting down while I didn't have a terror radius. Then I remembered it no longer shows the killer deep wounds progression. But the amount of time it took for them to get rid of it was so long I had to wonder if something was broken.

Why did they ever take away deep wounds progression visibility for killers?

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Possibly due to Legion's changes maybe having them think that Legion players could use the slower mending add-ons to waste Survivor's time and try to locate them without having the Killer have the upper advantage in being able to remember who had the least amount of time left to mend.

That's just my theory as to why though.

• Ghostul
    Ghostul Member Posts: 42

Yeah, I think it is to stop killers from "tunneling" down someone with a timer about to run out. Since that seemed to be a big problem for survivors when going against a Legion who would "moonwalk" on them.

Though with the terror radius changes I don't know how necessary this was.

I'm pretty sure Pig doesn't see Reverse Bear Trap timers for the same reason.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Ghostul is correct. Killers were using the timers to help them tunnel survivors. If you see a timer is low, you can use that information to your advantage. If you see a timer stop, you might be near that survivor (like Whispers). They want Frenzy to get you that first hit, and to create some kind of map pressure.

However, smart survivors who spread out and run in a straight line away from Legion while he’s in Frenzy, eliminate the multi-hit ability of Frenzy, weakening it to a speed limiter chainsaw that can only put 1 survivor into the injured state. Legion isn’t bad, he’s just a basic M1 killer now, that can’t truly compete at the higher ranks.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

Is it even possible to force a DW or BT bleed out anymore thanks to it pausing inside a terror radius?

• Dehitay

Wraith and Pig can force it. I was playing Wraith during that game and actually went invisible which is why it was so annoying that nearly a minute without a terror radius DW was still on the person without them going down.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Pig and Plague can't see their timers either. I think it's fine.

It's not the most egregious nerf there was.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Correct me if I’m wrong but even with how things are, can’t Legion put 2 and 2 together when there’s deep wounds still? Like you boop them, 20 seconds later they still have it, probably means they’re within 32 m right?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

When killer's can see timer progress they tend to abuse timer progress, thus why multiple killer's cannot see the progress of various timers on survivor's

• Dehitay

Which killers used the actual visible timer progress to abuse them? The only situations I can think of are Pig's RBT and Legion's DW back when it wasn't terror radius protected. And neither of those required a visible timer for abuse. Matter of fact, Pig can still do it just as well as ever.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Dehitay Don't forget the Plague!

@pemberley "Well yes, but actually no". If after 20 seconds they still have it (30 seconds lasts for Legion) they either:

• Are within your TR
    • Are mending
    • Are just running around
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

because deep wounds is meant to be weak. They are giving it to Ghost face (via add-on), so we can probably expect to see it show up on other add-ons.

Entity forbid that someone uses a non-pressure ability to put pressure on someone by actually hunting them. Instead of just letting people escape chases.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

What was the validation for making deep wounds timer progress invisible to killers?

It's so the killer cannot monitor whether or not the survivor is within terror radius to "moonwalk" behind them, but from a distance.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

lol why can't I see the Borrowed Time mending bar of the person I'm tunnelling?

lol

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504