Fix the assed up jigsaw trap please!

Skorpanio
Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Way to little time to disarm it.
I got into a chase once which led me only getting to 3 of the 4 jigsaw boxes...
Gambling game here we go!

Comments

• Skorpanio

@Jesya said:
    That's the point of them....

Is the point to gamble and have a random chance of winning?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696
    edited July 2018
    IS THE POINT OF RANDOMIZING THE LOCATION OF THE CORRECT BOX TO MAKE IT RANDOM?!

No, it's obviously so you know where the correct box is located.

Fantastic logic. 
    Post edited by Raccoon on
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited July 2018

@Skorpanio said:

@Jesya said:

Umm..... YES.
    How much easier do you need to make it being a survivor? While we're at it, lets make killers slower than survivors, and instead of killing they just spank you on the booty with a dead fish while you repair gens with absolutely no threat at all.

• Skorpanio

@Raccoon said:
    IS THE POINT OF RANDOMIZING THE LOCATION OF THE CORRECT BOX TO MAKE IT RANDOM?!

No, it's obviously so you know where the correct box is located.

Fantastic logic. 

And that's not what I mean lol

• Skorpanio

@Jesya said:

How much easier do you need to make it being a survivor? While we're at it, lets make killers slower than survivors, and instead of killing they just spank you on the booty with a dead fish while you repair gens with absolutely no threat at all.

Well I see it as that the survivors are beeing way more debuffed than they need to.
    Take me for an example, Always when I play as The Nurse I get 4 kills no matter what.
    If I rejoin after a year, doesn't matter I get 4 kills. But why?
    Because the solution is not to debuff the survivors but to tweak the game.
    Both killers and survivors. They may be thinking about debuffing sprint burst. But how about us Nurse mains?
    We'll be able to catch up even faster with them than before.

And honestly I don't think The Pig should have a 'random' chance of killing a survivor but rather base it on skill level. No you shouldn't know where the jigsaw box is located but give the survivors more time to run.
    As you get into a chase the timer THANK GOD stops. That might be good but as soon as you get out of the chase it'll start ticking again, showing your position and getting you killed.

It's not about debuffs, but tweaks.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696
    I highly doubt you're consistently getting 4K with the nurse when you're complaining about RBT and, for some reason, think that the RBT reveals your location. 

The RBT timer also doesn't start until a generator is completed, and lasts for about 1/3 of a game (before death) at high rank/gen rush, while still stopping during chases. 

It's pretty underpowered.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

RBTs are fine. If anything, they would need slight tweaks, aka not being able to jump in the hatch with one.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    I have died twice from the reverse bear trap out of all the games I’ve played against the pig. Twice I have died by them so I think there’s plenty of time to disarm it. I mean even if you get chased it’s still unlikely you will die by it. What happened to you is just unlucky nothing more
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@Skorpanio said:

@Jesya said:

Is someone with an Ace avatar complaining about gambling? This should be right up your alley! ;)

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Have you ever watched a Saw film? Getting the RBT off is supposed to be random. You’re supposed to guess correctly. Live or die, make your choice.

• Skorpanio

@ThePloopz said:
    I have died twice from the reverse bear trap out of all the games I’ve played against the pig. Twice I have died by them so I think there’s plenty of time to disarm it. I mean even if you get chased it’s still unlikely you will die by it. What happened to you is just unlucky nothing more

And how many games have you played?
    Two? XD
    jk

• Skorpanio

Is someone with an Ace avatar complaining about gambling? This should be right up your alley! ;)

Maybe I should concider gambling more. :D

• Skorpanio
    edited July 2018

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Have you ever watched a Saw film? Getting the RBT off is supposed to be random. You’re supposed to guess correctly. Live or die, make your choice.

And no, I have not seen any saw film...

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    to be honest I don't really think the RBT is suppossed to kill as much as just slow the game down. I have died 4 or 5 to the RBT, but the reality is that against the pig there are generally 1 or 2 less people working on generators.  
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Skorpanio said:

Way to little time to disarm it.
    I got into a chase once which led me only getting to 3 of the 4 jigsaw boxes...
    Gambling game here we go!

lol no
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

The irony of complaining of Gambling with an Ace avatar.....

You know the timer pauses while you are being chased, right? So what's the problem?

• Skorpanio

@FrenziedRoach said:
    The irony of complaining of Gambling with an Ace avatar.....

You know the timer pauses while you are being chased, right? So what's the problem?

Here's someone who doesn't get it...

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Other than purposeful deaths, I've died once to an RBT. You have an enormous amount of time to get that thing off your head. About the only way you won't is if it's a large map, and you get garbage RNG for box locations.

Tell your teammates to stop popping gens if you get trapped. Most times I'll 99% them just to make sure my teammates have enough time. Give them an extra 30 seconds, and that's usually more than enough. Doesn't slow down the match either. If your teammates are stupid enough to pop 3 gens by the time the Pig traps and hooks you, then get ready for the tunnel because that Pig needs to kill someone immediately to have a chance.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    As they are right now reverse bear traps are too easy to get off. The only time a reverse bear trap might screw you over and kill you is either get chased away from boxes or you spend too much time being immersed
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

As I've said before, I suspect the timers are where they are at because the Abominations known as Asylum and Pale Rose exist. If those large monstrosities didn't exist, they'd be free to give us a more aggressive timer.