Killers aren’t balanced for pipping

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I’m not even talking about strengths of killers, just how their emblems are calculated.

Multiple hooks, 3 kills, no camping with Plague and only three gens done... black pip

One kill, all gens done and a DC with legion pip up???

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

In the current ranking system, you get punished if you do too well.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yup, that's about it. I'm having a hard time ignoring pips, but that is the smart thing to do. Just try to kill as many survivors as you can ;)

• johnmwarner

Follow up to my OP I am not in the red or purple ranks either, luckily i just play for a bit of fun and try to keep 900k ish BP at all times so I’m ready whenever a new killer comes in reddy. But this must be frustrating for competition people.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

I dont care about pips usually but why did they tie the adept achievements to double pip? The worst decision ever. Now I gotta try to somehow play out of my mind with only 3 perks I cant even choose. Was a 4k not enough? Survivors get to walk out the exit gate as if thats hard and they get adept.

• fischyhb
    fischyhb Member Posts: 23

I 4Kd with Mikey and depipped, I went Infinite Tier 3 at the end of a match and laid everyone out and then hooked them. Only had one hook before that. At least should Have safet pipped.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

chaser calculation doesnt account for instantdowns of any kind or grabs. Same with Malicious.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Yeah the pipping system could use some tweaks. Some killers using their natural playstyle have a really tough time pipping.

Legion just has a really really easy time with Malicious and Chaser, and Gatekeeper to boot since Legion's more about slowing the game down than hooking everyone early, so the games naturally take longer regardless of winning/losing. I don't think I've depipped on Legion even once, even getting no kills, because the emblem system carries my ass.

Meanwhile when I'm playing a more snowbally killer I 3-kill safety pip more often than I should.

• johnmwarner

Legion does seem to be an “easy Pip,” as long a you’re halfway trying

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

The current ranking system is ######### up, it actually punish you quite hard.

It makes no sense after a 4k you barely pip or depip.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Every game I had 3K, and had the game run to the endgame, I didn't pip. The only game I did pip was a 4K, with deliberately long chases and slugging.

Like, it's hilarious how hard it is to leave rank 16 for all of the time I wasn't playing.

• johnmwarner

I agree, I had someone accuse me of De-pipping on purpose because that's the only way I could have all the perks at rank 14

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

This thing, just this. Also how are any trappers going with pipping? Has it changed?

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

I keep hovering right around rank 13, purely because I don't want to play bad, and I keep losing pips for getting a 4k too quickly. If I want to leave potato ranks, I'm going to have to treat them with kiddy gloves and shepherd them to a hard-fought loss. Otherwise, it's just pub stomping 24/7. And you know what? I'd have less fun babying survviors than I would just stomping all over them.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

That would explain a lot.

I've had games against immersed survivors who barely ever ran and just kept trying to hide in corners even when wounded. It seems that if you down them the instant you find them, the game doesn't have the time to detect it as a "chase" and you don't get Chaser points. But I could be wrong.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

I've pipped once with him on a 4k. Could just be me though. I'm really feast or famine on Trapper

• johnmwarner

This seems to make it especially hard on my two "mains." Spirit gets generally 2-3 grabs per game even when not playing a gimmick build, 1-2 off gens and 1-2 grabs doing a pallet fake.

Also Plague it seems breaking the survivor and then downing them with one hit doesn't count right?