The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anti camping mechanic

Killer sees a large red circle around a hooked survivor and if they are in it for more than 5 seconds when a survivor is un-hooked then they lose 1000 - 2000 bloodpoints or they get stunned (or just something else negative to the killer’s gameplay)

Comments

• Ellogan66
    Ellogan66 Member Posts: 7

Also if the survivors camp in the circle they get punished

• Kasies
    Kasies Member Posts: 66
    The devs tried doing something about Camping but survivors abused it. Just let them Camp and do Gens. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Generators (anti-camping mechanic) have been present in the game since the beginning. Maybe it's time to use what you have instead of demanding free escapes.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Anti camping mechanics have been tried and they failed miserably. A big part of this game is killer agency. A killer has the right to play however he wishes so long as he is not breaking the rules. The devs have been very clear on this. Camping is a valid strat and its valid because survivors make it valid by being overly altruist and hanging around the hook instead of being smart and doing gens. Camping is a part of the game and its not going away.

• Camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate will be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

• AndreasLyUs
    AndreasLyUs Member Posts: 91

@MrChills said:
    Camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate will be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

Pretty good idea (I think)

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@Baphomett said:
    Sure, as long as there is a red circle aroind every vault and pallet and hitting it a second time results in instant dying state.  Oh, and half as many pallets on the map.  And no flashlights.  And no DS.  And no emotes of any kind.  And disconnecting when hit or hooked results in a ban.  And no self heal, especially between pallets. And double the time to complete a gen.  And and and and....

OR we could finally agree that 100% survival rating is NOT the point of this game and that killers should get to have fun, too.

You're my messiah.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Ellogan66 said:
    Killer sees a large red circle around a hooked survivor and if they are in it for more than 5 seconds when a survivor is un-hooked then they lose 1000 - 2000 bloodpoints or they get stunned (or just something else negative to the killer’s gameplay)

Was already tried on a PTB and was heavily abused by the survivors.
    If you want anti camping mechanics, take a look at the fresh hook idea from truetalent, its actually something I would consider useful

• Karkadann
    Karkadann Member Posts: 56

The only approach that works would be to change the whole game mechanic and remove hooks altogether, and to give the killer the option to kill a survivor after he downed them three times.
    As long as hooks are in the game, camping is a possible way to behave, in the same way as permanently evading the killer and hiding on different spots is a possible way to play and behave.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Ellogan66 said:

another stupid as hell salty idea from an angry over legit tactics survivor main, git gud..

• lonewolf_19xx
    lonewolf_19xx Member Posts: 22

@SadonicShadow said:
    Anti camping mechanics have been tried and they failed miserably. A big part of this game is killer agency. A killer has the right to play however he wishes so long as he is not breaking the rules. The devs have been very clear on this. Camping is a valid strat and its valid because survivors make it valid by being overly altruist and hanging around the hook instead of being smart and doing gens. Camping is a part of the game and its not going away.

Yet the emblem system put in place for a survivor is for them to be altruist. So it forces them. I play both killer and survivor and they need to do something about camping, and they need to do something about toxic ass survivors also. Both are getting ridiculous.

• AlexAnarchy

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Yet the emblem system put in place for a survivor is for them to be altruist. So it forces them. I play both killer and survivor and they need to do something about camping, and they need to do something about toxic ass survivors also. Both are getting ridiculous.

What part of the Devs swore off ever punishing camping do you not understand exactly?

• lonewolf_19xx

@Alexanarchy said

What part of the Devs swore off ever punishing camping do you not understand exactly?

What part did you not read exactly? I said they NEED to do something about both campers and toxic survivors. Not that they Will.

• AlexAnarchy

@lonewolf_19xx said:
    @Alexanarchy said

What part did you not read exactly? I said they NEED to do something about both campers and toxic survivors. Not that they Will.

They don't need to do something about camping though as it's been designed into the game since day 1 as the strategy known as baiting a survivor. Need proof I can post dev diary 3 for you and they can tell you about it themselves~

• lonewolf_19xx

Jeez another 1 sided player.

• lonewolf_19xx

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:
    @Alexanarchy said

They don't need to do something about camping though as it's been designed into the game since day 1 as the strategy known as baiting a survivor. Need proof I can post dev diary 3 for you and they can tell you about it themselves~

They do need to do something about it if they are trying to balance and make the game enjoyable for both sides. And The devs made the bbq & chili perk to encourage killers to leave the hook. They have said it themselves on their stream. The only time camping is acceptable is if they are hook rushing and forcing you to stay there, or being toxic as hell.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited July 2018

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:
    @Alexanarchy said

They do need to do something about it if they are trying to balance and make the game enjoyable for both sides. And The devs made the bbq & chili perk to encourage killers to leave the hook. They have said it themselves on their stream. The only time camping is acceptable is if they are hook rushing and forcing you to stay there, or being toxic as hell.

actually they made it clear that BBQ is to give killers the choice to camp or not...they themselves even stated they will only make incentives for killers to choose to camp or not but it shall always be the killers choice to camp or not, as it is a designed startegy from even before day 1 as shown here in this video..educate yourself before you make yourself look silly.. Don't even try claiming any form of BS that the devs themselves stated any specific rules about camping being toxic or whatever as they do it themselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04
    It's called Baiting which is the killer using a survivor to lure in another survivor so take your made up rules of when camping is fine or whatever and throw em out the window cuz the devs make the rules, not you.

• lonewolf_19xx

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:
    @Alexanarchy said

actually they made it clear that BBQ is to give killers the choice to camp or not...they themselves even stated they will only make incentives for killers to choose to camp or not but it shall always be the killers choice to camp or not, as it is a designed startegy from even before day 1 as shown here in this video..educate yourself before you make yourself look silly.. Don't even try claiming any form of BS that the devs themselves stated any specific rules about camping being toxic or whatever as they do it themselves.
    It's called Baiting which is the killer using a survivor to lure in another survivor so take your made up rules of when camping is fine or whatever and throw em out the window cuz the devs make the rules, not you.

The stream they did after this latest update was released on every platform except ps4, camping was brought up and they did say it was the killers choice, but they also said they created the bbq perk to encourage killers to leave the hook. That was their exact words. So you can stop trying to make me out a liar because you are failing. You must be a camper and thats why you are for it so much.

• lonewolf_19xx

And i never said anything about anything being a rule of any kind

• AlexAnarchy
    edited July 2018

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:
    @Alexanarchy said

The stream they did after this latest update was released on every platform except ps4, camping was brought up and they did say it was the killers choice, but they also said they created the bbq perk to encourage killers to leave the hook. That was their exact words. So you can stop trying to make me out a liar because you are failing. You must be a camper and thats why you are for it so much.

Too encourage the killer to leave the Hook Does not mean they HAVE TOO Now does it? ..... also I play clown when killer and use bbq to go after other survivors once one is hooked, so no I don't camp but I think its dumb for people to think they can still apply ther own rules and meanings behind what's fine and not to do with a legit strat that the devs themselves even do still today.
    I'm also pretty ashamed when people jump to the meme conclusion I must be this and that cuz I disagree with them when I just actually know two shits about what I am talking about : P

• lonewolf_19xx

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@lonewolf_19xx said:
    @Alexanarchy said

Too encourage the killer to leave the Hook Does not mean they HAVE TOO Now does it? ..... also I play clown when killer and use bbq to go after other survivors once one is hooked, so no I don't camp but I think its dumb for people to think they can still apply ther own rules and meanings behind what's fine and not to do with a legit strat that the devs themselves even do still today.
    I'm also pretty ashamed when people jump to the meme conclusion I must be this and that cuz I disagree with them when I just actually know two shits about what I am talking about

me giving my opinion on when i feel camping is acceptable is not me saying its a rule so you can stop saying that bc you are wrong. I know that the killer doesn't have to leave the hook. Its a ######### strategy though that makes the game unpleasant for survivors. Just like looping and body blocking is a ######### stradegy that makes the game unpleasant for killers. You want the game to be enjoyable for both sides. Thats why i feel something needs to be done on both sides. Your opinion is its ok, if thats your opinion than so be it. But dont try to tell me that my opinion is wrong amd yours is right bc thats straight bs
    And like it or not both sides need to enjoy the game in order for it to keep growing. Without survivors killers have no game, and without killers survivors have no game.

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46

Nope. Just nope. I just rewatched an old YouTube video of TydeTime demonstrating how survivors' nitpicking valid defensive tactics can drive a killer's player insane. That's where I've been for a while. I came into the game last year with full expectation that -- having seen numerous movies -- villains will closely guard their hostages and use them as bait to lure potential rescuers to their doom. It's not even exclusive to the horror/slasher genre. Just watch the sniper scene in Saving Private Ryan. Using wounded victims as bait is fundamental. It's an actual thing that has occurred repeatedly in war.

I try perimeter patrols of hooks. I'll chase a survivor only so far from a hooked victim until it's obviously a lure and then turn back to check the hook. This has worked fairly well. Yet, I've also been saying to whiners in the afterchat, "The gate alarm is the camp alarm".

Just like a wild predator a player retains both the right and the expectation to defend the kill from physically weaker foes. Survivor logic is repeatedly on the same gist as a lion not allowed to chase off hyenas from a freshly dead zebra. It's like a home team in a professional arena is expected to leave the field, pack up, and take a day off on the instant the visiting team acquires the ball so that the visitors can score goals unimpeded. Idiot logic. Fragile, little, "My coaches didn't keep score in sports" logic.

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46

P.S. : Spoiled brats. Just spoiled lil' brats.