Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pop Goes the Weasel QOL change.

I was wondering what you guys would think about a PGTW buff/ qol change.

i was thinking a lot of killers 30 seconds just isnt enough time to use it on the gen you want expecially if you gotta get some hits in along the way.

So, id like to see it have an unlimited duration and stack up to 4, or just an extended duration if not stacks .

what do you all think?

Comments

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393
    edited May 2019

I feel 30 seconds is not enough too, I lost PGTW a lot when ppl go over-altruistic and I have no time to go and kick gen. Sometimes I cant even reach gen on other side of map which I'd like to kick. It's also wasted most of times at start of trial, when you hook person with 10% gen done, so you just lose portion of debuff.

Unlimited duration should be proper for it I think, once it's lit - you can apply debuff next time you kick gen. Then you can save it for later at start or choose which gen to kick in the middle/end of game.

• Trash_Panda
    Trash_Panda Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2019

"PGTW is fine as it is.

It synergises well with other gen perks such as Surveillance, and it teaches you as killer how to priorities. Your goal is to prevent gen repairs, subsequently preventing escape. It’s more important to inflict the instant 25% regression, so ignore survivors in your search for a gen to kick. 30 seconds is plenty of time."

you cant say there isn't a time where you need to use it but cant. its happens to us all and its not like this buff would break the perk. You dont have a lot of time to spare as a killer especially when you arent using ruin which is a waste of a perk cause it always gets destroyed in 3 seconds.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I posted a change for it here:

I ended up going for just an unlimited duration.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Stackable tokens would be better than adjustments to its time. Often enough the use is wasteful or outweighed by opportunity.

• Trash_Panda

id be happy with just an unlimited duration. but tokens i believe would be fair i mean you worked for them. even if it stacks just up to 2 its not like 25 % gen reduction is that crazy op unless they keep tapping it or they gen locked themselves it which case its their fault they are in that situation anyway.

but id be happy with just 1 stack at unlimited duration lol

• Trash_Panda

i think with stacks it would replace ruin for a lot of killers because i hate ruin but at least half the games you play you regret not using it when 3 gens pop after a 1 min chase xD

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I think just the ability to save it would provide alot more versatility. I do agree that to many tokens could present a problem, but that would also require quite a few hooks.

• Trash_Panda

Which those hooks were fairly earned

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Another 30 seconds or unlimited duration would be good. PGTW isn't fine, sometimes I can barely make it to the gen I need to be at with Legion using frenzy.

• ChaosMaster130
    ChaosMaster130 Member Posts: 24

To me, even just increasing the timer by 10-15 seconds would be enough of a buff for me.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I like the Perk a fair bit, esp on certain Killers that can get Hooks fast and esp ones that can get to Gens quickly.

I however think it should be 30/35/40 seconds for the Ranks. Not like 5-10secs is gonna break the damn game

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited May 2019

I second this except you only get a maximum of 2 tokens. This would encourage you to use the perk mid game to not waste a hook. Tiers of the perk still affect total regression.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Pop is one of the few perks that actually need nothing added or removed. You aren't meant to always get the proc unless you make a conscious effort to remember and navigate towards unkicked gens. Also it gives a big benefit that makes it worthwhile at any tier.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I think tokens would be a good way to go. It would add versatility and extra control for the killer.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

if it gets stacks it’s gonna be one of the new meta perks. Imagine having 4 stacks near End game and doing 3 gen strat

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

they wont do unlimited, since part of the reason for the perk, is to get you to leave the hook area.

However I have told @Peanits before that it needs a QOL buff (knowing he likes to run it)

At the barest of minimums, it needs to take effect if you start kicking a generator in the allotted time, not finish kicking it in the time. I can't count how many times i have ran right to a generator I knew was being worked on, only to not get a Pop off because the timer ran out as I was kicking.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

PGTW is supposed to induce the killer to leave the hook, and 30 seconds are enough to cover 130+ meters (even for slower killers). Personally I think it is ok, maybe I would just increase the timer to 40 seconds, but that's it.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    1. That isn't a QoL, that's a buff.
    2. The only buff it can get is more time. That's about it
  • Trash_Panda
    edited May 2019

1: Hey there big fella! If you woulda read more than just the title you would see I did say buff :D

2: thanks!

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

That's a balance change. Not a QoL change

• Trash_Panda
    edited May 2019

A lot of these guys complaining about getting 3 gend If theres 2 stacks . L.. makes no sense cause you gotta royally ######### up to be in a position where

1 you guys got hooked a ######### ton and 2, 3 gend yourselves

god forbid you you have any advantages as killer for survivors making huge mistakes

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Honestly it would be balanced to have unlimited time for pgtw, cause you don't get enough time as a killer and you need that time sometimes, another reason is that its a viable replacement for ruin.

Okay, but you will usually encounter survivors on the way, or survivors attempting to go for the bum rush for hook. Are you really going to tell me you will ignore the survivor right in front of you for a gen across the map and/or ignore the survivor right near the hook?