We HAVE TO fix this MAJOR DBD Problem!!

Options
xXNurseXx
xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Hello people of the fog,

we need to fix DC´s asap! People cant play a proper Nurse game without Survivor DCing.

@ all MainSurvivor: You just have to accept that you will die against good Nurses. You can take what you want, Mettle of Men, Dstrikes, Adrenaline, Insta Heals we dont care, you will die in the end but take the death like a champ and dont dc! Its unfun for the Nurse Player. I want my kills and my bbq stacks!

Please Devs, i love your game, youre doing everything right but we need to fix this asap!!

Here you can watch the livestream (with timestamp) from a good Nurse Player, Survivor taking EVERYTHING they can (best Perks, 3 Insta Heals) and still DC because all their crutch stuff wont help them.

FIX SOON! DC PENALTY!

love you all <3

Facts:

Wed, 22.05 - 7 Games - 28 Kills in total - 7 DCs

Thu, 23.05 - 9 Games - 33 Kills in total - 12 DCs

Fri, 24.05 - 2 Games - 8 Kills in total - 2 DCs

Sat, 25.05 - 5 Games - 19 Kills in total - 14 DCs

Post edited by xXNurseXx on

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

What?

• xXNurseXx
    edited May 2019
    Options

TLDR: We need Penaltys for DCs asap because we cant play Nurse without Survivors DCING(even if they take all crutches they have) -> Watch past Broadcast

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@xXNurseXx I assume we will get those penalties once the Dedicated Servers come. Until then, unfortunately there isn't much you can do.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

cant wait for dedicated servers:)

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

Because I enjoy pwning n00bz with my skillfull MoM+DS+Adren+Instameds plays.

• imlegion
    imlegion Member Posts: 62
    Options

Ppl dc once they know you have bbq that perk needs a nerf to balance out the d strike change I hear a lot of survivors complain about bbq and how it needs a re-work and I agree it’s too strong it should be more like infectious fright so don’t blame survivors for you needing perks to give their location to you I hate being found in a good hiding spot or getting killed and tunnled just cuz you can see we’re i am so I get it from both sides of view but it doesn’t need a rework

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

Today I only saw 1 DC, due to an ebony mori

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

BBQ is very difficult for low-mid survivors, I know.

• imlegion
    imlegion Member Posts: 62
    Options

Me, personal I just hide in a locker or crouch by a gen

• xXNurseXx
    edited May 2019
    Options

while this post is absolutely true i´m 100% sure now that devs know about nurse broken status but they want it this way otherwise nurse would be nerfed a long time ago.

so since nurse dont get nerfed we have to punish ppl dcing to stop the dc epidemic!

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options

BBQ has counter play once you know the killer has it. Hide in a locker or crouch by a gen. If neither is nearby, that doesn't make the perk broken or in need of a rework. DS was nerfed because as long as a survivor could pass a skill check, they got a free escape, which is entirely broken if the killer had to work hard for that down. As for the nurse, I play on console and she is absolute ######### on console. I've never faced a good nurse so I don't know how bothersome she really is.

• MisterGein213
    MisterGein213 Member Posts: 31
    Options

From the perspective of a Survivor main: Disconnectors are ultimate pussies who very poorly hide behind bullshit excuses ("so and so killer/perk/add-on is broken and needs to be nerfed") to hide the fact that they don't wanna lose. ALL killers have been declared to be broken. They can't ALL be! Unless the killer is doing cheap bullshit like camping, hardcore tunneling, or hacking (or even if the game is lagging like crazy,) there ain't a good reason to DC. If the killer is being a dick, then yeah, I totally understand DC'ing. But unless rules are being broken or the game itself is literally unplayable, buck up, shut up, and at least TRY to play. If ya lose, take the L like a man and move on. If ya aren't willing to lose the game/high level items and add ons every now and then, why the ######### are ya playing a game as chaotic and competitive as DBD? Why is it okay for Survivors to use ######### like MoM, DS, Adren, DH, and insta-heals, but Killers can't use Nurse or Iridescent Head Huntress? The Nurse is meant to be broken. Her brokenness is a reward for the amount of time and effort it takes to get good at her. Don't like it? DON'T PLAY THE GAME.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

So just accept you're going to lose. You need to stick around for my enjoyment. Great argument there.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited May 2019
    Options

The number of times I look around the map and don't see anyone with BBQ outweighs the number of times I actually see survivors with it. There are so many ways to avoid it, it's only good for Bloodpoints most of the time. When it works, it's a good way to get the killer farther away from the hook.

I've also had survivors think I found them because of BBQ when I actually just stumbled into them by accident. Happens more often than you'd expect. What counts as a "good hiding spot," anyway? Unless the killer is super inexperienced and never plays survivor, I don't see how there'd be a spot they'd never think to check.

• Mondren
    Mondren Member Posts: 5
    Options

So I just want to be clear: It is perfectly acceptable to you that there should be a character (on either side) that is so good that the other team/player should just accept that they can't win?

"You just have to accept that you will die against good Nurses. You can take what you want, Mettle of Men, Dstrikes, Adrenaline, Insta Heals we dont care, you will die in the end"

• LPS11
    LPS11 Member Posts: 68
    Options

This is mainly a PC problem , most console players won't DC against someone just for the killer they have , however I quit playing PC long ago due to this issue, it's like every killer match ends up with at least 1-2 DC minimum and every survivor game I played would end up starting as a 3 man (this being way before the last update) almost every match and it didn't matter the rank, if they were low rank they didn't care anyway and if they were high rank they were either depipping or just have enough games in to not have to worry about a penalty, they should fix the DC problem first then go for the lobby dodgers both of these issues definitely need addressed first and foremost to make this game more playable

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited May 2019
    Options

Nah, DC can happened even without nurse

I'm playing trapper for daily and 1 trap caught and ragequit immediately together with their SWF butt buddy. I'm not even joking.

I didn't even use rare add-on and stuff, why cry and ragequit against Trapper?

Post edited by DingDongs on
  • xXNurseXx
    Options

Yep. Nurse is hard to learn and if you commit to play nurse for 100 hours to master her you deserve to 4k every round.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I'm not advocating for people DC. I'm not for the OP's bullshit argument.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495
    Options

I think the Nurse speaks to a problem that's more meta related rather than her in particular. And that issue is that there isn't enough emphasis, incentive, or viability in exploiting her largest weakness: that weakness being stealth based gameplay. It's not rewarded very much, there are a lot of perks that counter it, and there aren't many perks that promote and support it.

Also, @xXNurseXx the Nurse is honest to God kinda easy and this is coming from a Nurse main. The hardest thing about her is the mindgames which other killers have a much harder time getting value out of.

But as for the main point of this thread, I saw on a YouTube video that once dedicated servers go live, they are gonna start cracking down hard on intentional DCS

• Mondren
    Options

I like how you ignored most of my post.

• xXNurseXx
    Options

Other people see it also the same way.

"The Nurse is meant to be broken. Her brokenness is a reward for the amount of time and effort it takes to get good at her. Don't like it? DON'T PLAY THE GAME."

But Nurse is not the problem, survivor who dc are!

• xXNurseXx
    Options

If Killers DC they should get of course the same penalty but most of the time survivor dc

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248
    Options

You shouldn't accept that you will die against good Nurses, jeez. Nurse may be godlike in the right hands, but she does have counterplay in the form of stealth or mind-games. Don't go out in the open, break LOS as often as possible, and try and be unpredictable. Don't try and keep chase, get the hell outta there ASAP.

I do think Nurse needs add-on changes, however. Her having more than 3 blinks in downright unfair, but thats about it. This is coming from a killer main with 1k hours, so I'm not siding with survs nor killers.

In fact, I think she needs a full on add-on rework like Wraith, Trapper, and Hag saw. More than 90% of her add-ons could be seen as a detriment. Instead of changing blink distance, charge time, etc. it should find something else to try out. I'm not sure what it would be, but it'd be a nice change of pace.

(also an pink addon would be pretty damn cool bhvr ily pls)

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

It's not just nurse I've got YouTube vids with DC as doctor wraith leatherface and Myers

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    edited May 2019
    Options

the devs didn't nerf her back then (after the hag release i think. after the big nerf. they just kept repairing blink bugs) because compared to survivors(pallet vaccum. insta blinds. etc.). she was balanced around that time. if they looked at her again. they'll probably think of a nerf

what i think is happening at the moment is that they know she's broken. but they don't have any idea how to get her balanced without ruining her ability and they're currently also busy with freddy & ghostface (and maybe the survivor too)

• Mondren
    Options

"The Nurse is meant to be broken. Her brokenness is a reward for the amount of time and effort it takes to get good at her. Don't like it? DON'T PLAY THE GAME."

My bad. I missed that statement by the devs. Can you show me where to find it?

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

Tread lightly. Remember what happened the last time survivors rage quit too much against a certain killer...

• LPS11
    Options

Just because you know how to use the nurse doesn't mean you're gonna 4k every round I don't care how good you are , the right survivors with the right game plan could run all over you in a match and it's 100% possible, everyone has a weakness in their gameplay somewhere and nobody is perfect EVERY game .

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

That's the point. Survivors just DC because they're not willing to put any effort into learning weaknesses in gameplay.

• Figas
    Figas Member Posts: 59
    Options

Just ignore him, she cant stay like this for too long. One day we shall get a rework and this kind of player will have to learn how to play an actual killer for a change.

• krayziek
    krayziek Member Posts: 21
    Options

Actually the thing that needs to be fixed is if the survivor DC’s it is virtually impossible for the killer to double pip or even single pip for that matter and if 2 DC then the killer should just DC to. The survivor doesn’t lose a pip for DCing so why should the killer. If anybody DC’s then everybody should at least safety pip.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

She has been nerfed. There is a reason why devs don't responds to calls to nerf her again. Nurse originally had near normal killer movement speed and 3 blinks at base and couldn't be hit with palettes during her blink or burned out of her blink with flashlights. She also had tracking assist for her attacks out of blink which meant if she lined her weapon up with your head she'd never miss even if you juked so hard you character snapped THEIR ankles.

They've pulled so much power out of the Nurse and she's still this good. That means taking anymore could probably just dumpster her.

• LPS11
    Options

Yes I can agree with that, I was arguing the whole " if you get good with the nurse you deserve to 4k every round" I don't necessarily agree with that statement, I feel like decision making is just as important as having skill in this game and the slightest wrong choice could change the whole outcome

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Ok, OP I agree with you about the DCS but this is a step to far. You don't deserve a 4k every round for spending time to learn a killer. That's like saying sorry killers but we spend 1k hours playing survivor we deserve a 4 man escape every round. Nurse is not that hard to master I learned her in 2 days tops you don't deserve a 4k every round you earn them Nurse basically does that anyways because survivors won't try to use her counters against her but that's another topic.