Prevent 99% Exit Gates

Options
Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Please allow the exit gate progress to regress similar to generators.

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

But then EGC change nothing.

"The killer must go to the gates, otherwise survivors wouldnt leave the game."

It would be good, if the gates have the same mechanic like totems.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192
    edited May 2019
    Options

But a way to prevent that is already in the game.

If for some reason the survivors 99% the gates and then go back in the level to hide... just go and open a gate yourself? EGC is simply meant to put a time limit on the endgame, and the killer does have the power to start that timer if they so desire.

And if they do it before trying to go for a save or something that's just kinda smart and action IS going on as the killer gets to protect their hook and perhaps interact with survivors going for the save.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

You know you can literally open the gate yourself right?

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

They wont do that since its a strategy so that if theres a survivor on the hook they go and save him if they can

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Yeah, remove every single tactic in this game for survivors till its only running in circles and holding M1.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

I can't seem to get EGC to work for me as Killer.

On Hag it works as long as they don't think to crouch over my trap under the exit gates

On Freddy it works if I've killed 2 and have the other 2 in the dream world and the 2 exit gates aren't too far apart.

On anyone else I just pretty much give up because there's nothing I can do.

• LPS11
    LPS11 Member Posts: 68
    Options

This is strategy and should stay in the game, if you got a guy on hook and the killer has NOED or is just camping in general, why would you start the timer when you can give yourself a little more time to get out ? If you want the collapse to start then open the gate yourself

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613
    Options

The gate progress should be segmented in my opinion. It has 3 red lights, so give gate handles 3 segments that require you to hit 33% or 66% breakpoints to keep your progress if you have to leave it.

99% gates aren't really a problem to be honest, but it also shouldn't be a thing anyway.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

just open the gate...

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

Not to mention, leaving the gate at 99% is a strategy on the Survivor's side of things.

To avoid Bloodwarden, safe unhooks prior to EGC, etc, I'm glad this version never went through.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

This is part of it. The survivors can do that to avoid Blood Warden, but the killer can also open the gate and then hook them to force it to happen anyway. It's a little bit of interaction and makes the game a little more interesting.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,678
    Options

It seems like all the rando survivors I wind up with haven't figured this out yet. More often than not, it seems like I'm the one being chased when the EGC starts. It would be nice if they waited until I either ditched the killer or just after being rescued from the hook before they opened the gates. I think it will just be another nuance that survivors pick up as they rank up.