Maps spawn with more exit gates.

But 2 are powered when they're powered.

Which ones would depend on how many survivors are left. If there are 4, then the closest gates will be the powered ones. If only one is left, the 2 furthest will be powered.

This would fix the current issue that closing the hatch is almost a guaranteed kill (I'm a killer main, only 2 people escaped from closing a hatch)

It would also make it easier for killer against a full team to get someone.

Could also make it so 3 gates are powered when 1 survivor remains.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

No.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Since each map has its own unique layout and shape, put exit gates at specific spots. Kinda like how it is on Lerys and Game. No randomness, guaranteed to not be too close.

Adding more doors solves nothing.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

Perhaps not on those ones, but most maps have them at random locations. plus the other stuff it solves i mentioned that you'd notice if you read it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

That would be a terrible change. It would defeat the entire purpose of fixing the hatch standoff.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

No, the purpose of fixing the hatch standoff was to fix the hatch standoff, not to make life easier for the killer.

That said, it's also not to make things easier for survivors. It's to remove hatch standoffs.

So I'm against putting 3 exit gates. It would make it a little too easy for survivors. I don't know what the correct thing is.

A decent compromise would be: if the Killer closes the hatch, Survivor can open the hatch, but it also takes 15 seconds, it's not an instant thing. Or even longer, maybe 20 seconds base, since survivor needs to tug hard. While it sounds the same as 3 exit gates, the difference is the hatch is not visible when the last gen is completed, and you'd still need to find it.

Survivors who didn't find it won't know where it is, and they have the timer ticking as well so they are under pressure. I think this is a decent compromise.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

No.

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89

Have any of you read my post, or just the title? -_-

3 gates spawn, only 2 get powered, which ones depends on survivor count.

@Mochan i like the idea of re opening the hatch.