Got reported for hacking (very anxious please help)

Hazerino
Hazerino Member Posts: 71
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

i was playing a game of killer as legion on the swamp map and there was a group of streamers in my game. they all dced on me and so i went to see if they were live, and they were. i noticed one of them was reporting me for speed hacking? and i tried explaining to them that legion is now as fast as trapper, and they were saying "yeah we know but you were way faster than trapper" and they took clips in stream to prove it, and i wasn't speed hacking at all. im actually really worried about being falsely banned for it, because dbd is like the only game i play anymore. should i worry? im trying not to since i know i wasnt but again, scared of a false ban because of those clips.

Comments

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

If you actually weren’t hacking you have nothing to worry about

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

They're not gonna just take their word for it with a video that looks like Legion is "faster than trapper" they'd inspect your profile/account and see that its on the up and up.

You'll be fine, don't worry.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Streamers are just a bunch of whiners if you didnt actually hack you'll be fine

• Banshee
    Banshee Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2019

Welcome to the game. Some people will do anything to make them look better than you, and have a hard time acknowledging the fact that they lost.

Don't worry about it - happens all the time. Got accused the other day for speed hacking after I dropped a pallet on the killers head and sprint bursting for the hatch.

• Hazerino
    Hazerino Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2019

yeah i know i really have nothing to worry about but it still just made me super anxious because i know false bans can happen. thanks for reassuring me guys

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

If you get anxious with survivor's comments instead of laugh at their stupidity, you are not ready to play killer ;-)

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Yeah dont worry about it, many players don't know that different killer animations can make them seem faster when they are not.

Many still think due to the animation the Trapper seems faster when they are standard 115% movement speed like the others.