Unpopular Opinion: In Game Voice Chat

Sythalin
Sythalin Member Posts: 280

Devs have stated multiple times, on multiple forum posts and on multiple streams, that the goal is to "bring solo players 'skill' up to the same level as SWF + VoIP".

So just implement in-game voice that only survivors can hear and get it over with. We know this has already been thought about in house, so just bite the bullet and do it. It's the only way this plan can possibly succeed.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2019

Whats the point if you have to mute most players? Do you really think this toxic community would do well with being able to speak in game? Screaming save me #########, noob players, playing music etc.

The other thing is why should the players who have always played as the game was intended be disadvataged?

And that's not to mention regions like Europe where you can have 4 different languages in a match, there is also swf so what if 3 are Spanish and one is French? Two German one English and one swedish? And that's just some examples.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'm absolutely against voice chat with strangers. There are a lot of other ways to give solos more information.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

It's gonna happen the distance-based in game voice chat, since all gaming trends point to that direction that the pressure will be unbearable

• Banshee
    Banshee Member Posts: 31

The whole point of the game is the lack of communication for survivors, the devs said on the game release. Also, a voice chat would just make the game even less serious than it already is.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Banshee Why does it need to be serious? Having survivors and jason talking ######### to eachother was one of the best parts of f13 before that game died.

Banter and role play would be great imo...

Why is being social a negative? I find it hilarious and entertaining to join a multiplayer match and hear other people ranting or joking around.

Mute buttons would also exist. All of this is a standard in every big multi player game that isn't DbD or Nintendo...

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited May 2019

This is equivalent of making whispers and bbq as base killer traits.

Hell no, its even stronger.

Just make it that swf is visible in lobby and problem solved. Killers will use basic ######### on randos and save iridescents for 4man groups.

Edit: Also, hearing ######### screechings during most trials will kill the remanents of immersion there is. Just. No.

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

I’m a survivor main and even I don’t want an ingame voice chat just let people use their party chats with friends that’s fine but if everyone is always communicating it would be really hard for the killer

• Banshee
    Banshee Member Posts: 31

Yes, it would be hilarious, I'm certain. But I'm pretty sure BHVR wants the game in the same manner as they've aimed for since the start. Also, toxicness is a huge problem atm. and a voice chat would contribute a lot to that problem.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

The only solution to make solo survivor be same lvl as the swf its making kindred a basekit

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Not only that but also a clusterfuck of nationalities, I remember when the Crimea crisis was at its height that Ukrainians and Russians refused to cooperate with each other in Dota2.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2019

Yes let’s all make everyone on SWF level right. As if they aren’t problematic enough for killers. How about helping killers combat swf instead of bringing solo survivor to SWF. Just like bringing a indicator to see How many SWF in the lobby. They have a lot of info so should the killers. And That’s the point of being “solo” where u don’t know anyone and very little info.

miss my LOL reaction.