Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

technician buff

Current:

The noises caused by your repairs and their hearing distance are reduced by 0/4/8 metres. On a failed repair Skill Check, there is a 30/40/50 % chance the Generator explosion will be prevented.

My suggestion:
The noises caused by your repairs and their hearing distance are reduced by 4/8/12 metres.
On a failed repair Skill Check, there is a 30/40/50 % chance the Generator explosion will be prevented.
On a failed repair Skill Check, there is a 50/75/100 % chance the explosion wont be heard by the killer. (Shows a Ruin type of explosion instead)
The Generator visual effect moves slightly/moderatly/concideratly slower than usual.

I think with these chances the perk could be a real usefull one and give player a worthy choice to replace one of the now top tier perks.

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    It's not a bad idea, but what if somebody without Technician touches the generator you repaired before, will the animation be normal again or not?
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@popoles said:
    It's not a bad idea, but what if somebody without Technician touches the generator you repaired before, will the animation be normal again or not?

It only works for you I think. I dont even know how the current perk works when 2 people are repairing a generator tbh.

• Pookerton
    Pookerton Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018

I do not think technician needs a buff. It already is a strong perk. A strong survivor doesnt need the buff to skill checks. They can already do them even with fully stacked huntress lullaby. The perk takes away the sound notification that many killers rely on to determine if a survivor is there or not. Its also the reason iron will is great as well. I think some survivors dont realize how much a killer can track by sound, especially with good head phones. But not everyone likes to play this way and thats okay. If the perk is not for you, there are plenty out there to fit your play style.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2018

@popoles said:

It only works for you I think. I dont even know how the current perk works when 2 people are repairing a generator tbh.

It doesn't work when you are repairing with someone else. It's a lone wolf perk. And I agree with you, Technician needs a buff. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Pookerton said:
    I do not think technician needs a buff. It already is a strong perk. A strong survivor doesnt need the buff to skill checks. They can already do them even with fully stacked huntress lullaby. The perk takes away the sound notification that many killers rely on to determine if a survivor is there or not. Its also the reason iron will is great as well. I think some survivors dont realize how much a killer can track by sound, especially with good head phones. But not everyone likes to play this way and thats okay. If the perk is not for you, there are plenty out there to fit your play style.

It needs a buff. But not the skill check part, it needs an actual bonus. Or better quiet range. The perk is trash.

• NotBiasedAtAll
    NotBiasedAtAll Member Posts: 50

Would be helpful against Doctor + Unnerving Presence combos, which would fit since its a Feng Min perk. Otherwise, skill checks aren't that hard to hit. And some people seem to be able to hit skill checks no matter what. Strong but situational; I think it would be okay.

• Pookerton
    Pookerton Member Posts: 4

Technician works as long as all people on the same generator have it.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@NotBiasedAtAll said:
    Would be helpful against Doctor + Unnerving Presence combos, which would fit since its a Feng Min perk. Otherwise, skill checks aren't that hard to hit. And some people seem to be able to hit skill checks no matter what. Strong but situational; I think it would be okay.

With this buff you can be more risky on trying to go for the great skill check rather than a safe one.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Pookerton said:

I do not think technician needs a buff. It already is a strong perk.

Lol. Technician was weak and then they went and added sparks to regressing geberators and made the perk obsolete.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I've been using it lately. I say it's actually really fun to use! Against Freddy it can be awesome, able to miss skill checks and not alert him. Though I'd rather the whole RNG was replaced with a cool down instead. I hate RNG to begin with...