Power bars are kinda getting out of hand..

Options
Gonzolax
Gonzolax Member Posts: 41

I mean I love what behaviour does but, jeez louis did we have a heck ton of power bar killers released, such as spirit, legion, plague, and now were gonna get a ghostface and a new freddy that both have power bars.

Behaviour listen, I really do love you and all, but can we have some non power bar killers?

Comments

• zaozaoxx
    zaozaoxx Member Posts: 194
    Options

the power bar is great.

not new one need the power bar. Some old work needs power bar reforgement too. Like the nurse.

power bar can get rid of power abusement.

gen repair also need power bar that been left for a perticular time long then it goes to lose progress rather than keep it untill the killer gives it a kick.

survivors' curing also need a power bar that they should be cured before the power bar goes finished if they got injured, or it will be a permanent injury. Then there wont be that much gen rush.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

I think the amount of power bars we have now is a little much, but as long as the next killer (other than Ghostface) doesn't have a power bar, then it should be fine. Plus, we have no clue what freddy's power bar even means.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Ghostface's power bar only moves if he is seen by someone while using stealth. We sort of do need some less power dependent killers. Unless their power requires reloads of trap pickups. If we could have another character like the Pig it could be cool. Someone tossed around the Collector in a thread. Would be interesting to see someone who could booby trap palettes and windows.

Though in the collector's movie he's sort of insanely powerful. He shows up, booby traps you entire home in like a minute and then spends his time stealth attacking people till their dead. Or you're his chosen one and he puts you in his traveler's trunk to be tortured later.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Have we seen new Freddy yet?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Power bars are great in my opinion because they allow for even more balance. For example, strong powers are usually nerfed directly, but a power bar can add counter play while keeping the power itself strong. If Spirit didn't have a power bar, BHVR would have to nerf her Phase and make her unfun to play as. However, since she has one, she can keep her strong power while providing counter play.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@TreemanXD @DudeDelicious

In the trailer for the anniversary stream at 0:41 you can see a screen with Freddy gameplay. There, Freddy has a power bar so that's what he is going to get for the rework.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@DudeDelicious I can't imagine that the power bar is for putting people into the dream world as long as Freddy can only hit survivors in the dream world. There must be additional changes.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275
    Options

Lmao I'm a Freddy main and I am excited about the power bar. While power bars usually have a downside, there is usually a upside to them. I am just so excited to see the New Freddy cause playing it currently is stressful without Class Photo.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited May 2019
    Options

Billy chainsaw should have a power bar also so that ppl dont abuse it alot

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited May 2019
    Options

Theres addons that make hes cooldown goes down quick i think but hes a killer that abuse alot of hes chainsaw the problem its thst he goes gen to gen survivors runs cuz if they hide near a gen they will be in trouble later using the chainsaw near survivor and insta down like if you dont think that billy dont abuse hes chainsaw then i dont know what to say

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    Options

I don't get how a power bar could be an issue, it's literally just a gui element of a power, it's not like they all work the same. Ghostface's power bar is literally just an indicator of the 5 seconds it takes for his cloak to fade after someone sees him, would he be better if it didn't tell you and you just counted for yourself?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Power bar? Ohhh

You mean that cooldown indicator for spirit and legion. Well better have a visible cooldown if the devs force such heftly cd's on your ability.

Its funny that in dbd, the Killers get the 'stamina'-system

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited May 2019
    Options

They released 2 good killers, billy and nurse.

Since then all survivors do is whining about strong killers, then they started releasing killers with limited power.

And now all new killers are rodeo clowns :D

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited May 2019
    Options

Its restriction on the player that's already pretty restricted... spirit does need the power bar.. since shes completely invisible and moves fast an can attack right out of invisibility etc... spirit is also the killer that's perfectly designed for the power bar since she almost completely unpredictable... but legion doesn't need a power bar with a 4second cooldown coming out of FF and the inability of downing someone while in FF, plague doesn't need a power bar either... with a timer for her corrupt purge there isnt a need for the power bar... again spirit needs it.... but power bars cant get out of hand what's next? A 15 second cooldown preventing hag from laying down a trap after she teleports?

Added more to my comment about spirit....

Post edited by Bravo0413 on
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

Well i guess it seems about right... there was a bit of a tease yesterday... so...

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158
    Options

Frankly the fact that Freddy's getting a power bare is pretty much just confirmation that he's not going to be the same at all, which is a shame considering he's my favorite killer to play as.

As long as he's not a soulless chase killer like Clown I might be able to pull through though.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,031
    Options

Just throwing this idea out there... Maybe more powerbars isnt that bad of an idea. I dont understand the idea of "it cant kill them" being the reason behind your argument for why Legion shouldnt have one. Him being able to endlessly sprint to all gens til he can spot someone working on one would be abit much, although admittedly pretty cool. Ive been using Legion quite abit after his rework, and I think a big part of him is using his power when its appropriate. Yes, you can use it as simple mobility like Billy to cross the map, but maybe end it early to give it time to recharge if you feel like youll need it soon.

That being the case though, what do you think of a similar Power bar on Nurse? One that starts to regen after not using her power for afew seconds but takes a chunk of the total bar for each blink. Doing this could also add more use for her addons. Ive heard alot of people claim its her addons thats a big reason why shes "OP". If her extra range addons used up more powerbar for example... Could also have addons that either make her have a larger powerbar, aka more blinks per full bar, or recharge faster. Just a thought.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

Have to agree, I hate power bars to be honest, It's so limiting.

All I want is a Killer with a simple M2 power like a lot of the older killers but all we've been getting lately is overly complex powers with limitations and rules.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Power bars work pretty well tbh. Spirit worked out. Legion too. Freddy is probably going to be S tier considering the time they've spent on him. Ghostface will probably be top tier.

Nurse needs one for 5 seconds after blinking.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

@LordGlint I agree it makes sense on Legion and basicly all killers which have a power bar so far, but that doesn't mean that every killer needs one. I can't see Nurse using a power bar, because blinking is really the only way she can move around the map. And increasing her base movement speed, would really be a bad idea. Her AddOns need some rethought/rework, but I kinda like the straight forward design of killers like her. But base Nurse and game feel is fine. AddOns are the problem right now.

@Topic

Yes, we are getting a lot power bars right now, but currently they fit to each killer that has one. It kinda is a sideeffect that devs are designing more complex killer powers with a less straightforward design like Clown has e.g.

On the other hand I understand, having so many after another makes you think, that this might be the design philosophy devs are going with right now. And I hope they aren't limiting themselfs. There are other options like ammo, token based powers. Or they find a way to make something as straight forward as the classic ones. I just hope so.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

The thing is the last 3 killers including Spirit have power bars

And Spirit is the only one that’s actually decent.

Legion is controversial and Plague is plagued with weaknesses and drawbacks where literally no one plays her and it’s like Legion is considered more the new killer rather than Plague (who never even got a skin collection to celebrate her arrival.)

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Well Legion also has a power bar, and they're nothing compared to the Spirit.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Spirit is already top tier, what do you want more? Lol

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@HavelmomDaS1 he's making an example. She'd make Nurse a JOKE. She already makes Billy a joke @se05239 but she'd make Nurse a literal meme.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Well the power bar seems like it may take Freddy himself into the dream world, possibly like the spirit Freddy may go into it and become invisible and while in have other affects, I say this as if you look at the shot just after seeing that Freddy seems to be picking up a survivor out of the dream world.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

It isn't a power bar.....

It is a power METER!

Fixed. GGs everyone thanks for coming out. Problem solved.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134
    Options

I think you might be a little panic and childish. What about if the bar is just a side-part of the kit, the main kit is by default and you have the bar for a boost or a secondary option like ghostface, he can be stealth and crouch, his bar only is used to expose the survivor.

Lets see and dont cry so loud, at least until we see it, but i recomend to wait till try it out.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134
    Options

some people just blind...

But nailed it hahahahahhaha

• Bravo0413
    Options

Spirit is also designed perfectly for the power bar and cooldown... she actually needs it since her power is what is... shes completely unpredictable where as legion... is legion, he cant down anyone in FF and is stunned for 4 seconds whenever coming out of FF....... like theres no need for the restriction... where as spirit is completely invisible and can attack straight out of phase, she needs the power cooldown

• Bravo0413
    Options

For Freddy I agree I cant say its unnecessary for him yet. I'm hyped to see how the team has done with Freddy!... for legion though I do feel his power bar/cooldown is unnecessary...

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

We need more of those first world problems asap...

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Actually, now that I think about it...

Wasn't The Shape the first killer with a power meter? 🤔

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

The Shape's Evil within has some uses, though, unlike the pitiful excuses for powers of the last 3 killers.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I really don't understand what the problem is with a power bar.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

People dont like power bars, because it puts an artificial hardcoded limit on your power. Less freedom, and therefor less variety in gamestyle. For example its not always beneficial to use the Legion or Spirit power to go between gens, while the Nurse, Billy, or the Wraith gain map pressure from it, due to them having no powerbar.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

This is a "correlation does not imply causation" sort of deal. Plague and Legion having power bars does not necessarily indicate that power bars are the source of any problems they may have.